03. Nothing Beyond The Rot
04. Golden Excretion
05. Thought Disruption
06. Carpal Tunnel
07. Third Pawn
08. Morton's Neuronoma
09. Gristle Dripping Scab
10. Cerebral Dissection

What can you expect from a band writing music by the influence of Mahavishnu Orchestra , Orthrelm, King Crimson, Jethro Tull and of course many other brutal death metal bands? well I was not sure what to expect, but what I got was a debut album wrapped in many odd and sickening approaches, so this is not brutal just for the sake of being brutal, this band takes the time to add complex guitar solos and really catchy riffing, a bizarre feature in Brutal Death nowadays.

What's the catch? Well, the album is really good, but the tracks have the same structure and obviously after a while this CD can get repetitive and a little tedious; that does not mean boring though, I promise you the first time you play Devouring the Prophecy you'll be amazed by the irregularity of the riffs and the complexity of the overall beats, which are blast beats most of the time actually. I can't complain about the musicianship because it's actually almost flawless, the bass player is actually great, but the guitarist (David, the one with prog rock influences) is really astonishing, his riffs are catchy and brutal and his leads are multi-faceted, you can really know when a guitarist knows how to execute a guitar, and this guy sure does it in a marvelous way.

The album per se is really good and differs from the common sound of other brutal bands; let's take the lyrical content for example Odious Mortem moves towards humankind and destruction of the earth in the most strange form I've ever read, somehow they manage to write about earth's complexion adding gore words, for example "Sculpting Delusions to be regurgitated by the young domination, glorification, inhale the odor of his ever enduring stench" well, most of the lyrics are like this, somehow like Circle Of Dead Children and Repulsion combined, really good indeed.

The album is a jewel for the brutal metalheads for sure, I know I liked it and in fact this has not left my stereo since I started working with it two weeks ago, so I recommend this debut to everyone willing to hear Brutal Death Metal with some twists and a very good guitar player.

Best Tracks: "Cerebral Dissection", "Debacle By Cephalopod"

Written by Herzebeth | 28.12.2005

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 28 users
07.05.2007 - 18:20
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
A brutal dmband with influences from Mahavishnu? Now, how the hell does that sound? ...
07.05.2007 - 23:34
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Great album but a bit short.....the new one is better
02.12.2010 - 22:42
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Great a very impressive debut album.. Got both of their album yesterday and i had already played this one 7 times.. Such a spectacular display of musicianship
21.02.2011 - 15:22
Rating: 6
Kuroboshi
I don't really know... They are extremely technical and talented. It's like a spraying machine gun, but missing a lot of the bullets. Maybe the music is a bit to complex for me.

As the reviewer said, it's fun to listen to a while, but it gets a bit tedious...

Hits total: 6178 | This month: 4