01. Animal Crowns
02. On Horseback They Carried Thunder
03. The Crows Ahead Cry War
04. The Dreaming Plain
05. A Nation Of Immigrants

Staff review by
RaduP
Rating:
It is nothing new for black metal bands to take enormous inspiration from nature and the landscape that they live in, whether the frostbitten Norway, the Cascadian Northwest, or urban anguish. Wayfarer come from Colorado.

Read more ››
published 10.07.2018 | Comments (6)

Found in 16 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 215 users
09.04.2018 - 04:01
imabigpotato

Can't wait I loved the first 2 albums
01.06.2018 - 17:05
Rating: 9
musclassia

I've kinda stopped caring so much for atmospheric black stuff recently, but I fond myself really digging this. I guess the atmospheric and folk side is abit more dominant than the black, even when compared to something like Panopticon, particularly in the second half of the album. I might need to recheck their earlier albums, I seem to remember liking them a reasonable amount in the past, but black metal is often something I'll enjoy on first listen but not feel too much of an incentive to return to
02.06.2018 - 19:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
More folky, less BM; not so good as first 2 albums, but band has idea how song titles must be given, and music be composed, but there was not mistake in tittles but composing this time. Its like good western, but its from 50's and black n white. still good but ..... same here, something was missing.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.06.2018 - 14:02
Mercurial

Not bad, was expecting way more of a stronger Western sound going through it, but seems like mostly a black metal / post-metal hybrid to me.
21.01.2019 - 13:50
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Mercurial on 17.06.2018 at 14:02

Not bad, was expecting way more of a stronger Western sound going through it, but seems like mostly a black metal / post-metal hybrid to me.

Exactly what I thought.
Imagine the Wild West influence was way stronger, with dominant acoustic guitars, maybe even some banjos and a harmonica, samples of rattlesnakes...
They had a chance to deliver something very unique - the first black metal album heavily inspired by Ennio Morricone. I am not kidding by saying that I'd really loved to hear something like that.
----
signatures = SPAM
21.01.2019 - 13:54
Mercurial

Written by Starvynth on 21.01.2019 at 13:50

Exactly what I thought.
Imagine the Wild West influence was way stronger, with dominant acoustic guitars, maybe even some banjos and a harmonica, samples of rattlesnakes...
They had a chance to deliver something very unique - the first black metal album heavily inspired by Ennio Morricone. I am not kidding by saying that I'd really loved to hear something like that.

That's exactly what it should have been. Kinda surprised by the reception this album got.
13.02.2019 - 10:39
Rating: 8
Ball Fondlers

Written by Mercurial on 17.06.2018 at 14:02

Should it have a western feel because where they are from? I'm not sure what the previous albums were like. And the track titles have a western vibe
I guess there is also horse on the cover

Pretty good off first couple of listens...but I kind of forget that it's playing after a while

Hits total: 3981 | This month: 29