Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Announce 'Killing Is My Business' Reissue

Thrash metal pioneers Megadeth released their debut record Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! back in 1985 and some of you probably weren't even born yet. Now you have a chance to get a remastered version of this classic album via Century Media Records. And so the band will continue to celebrate its 35th anniversary.

The band has partnered with Century Media and Legacy Recordings for a June 8th, 2018 release in North America and Europe, and in Japan on June 6th, 2018 via Sony Japan.

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good: The Final Kill has been completely restored to Dave Mustaine's intended vision. Remixed by veteran metal mixer, Mark Lewis (Trivium, Death Angel, DevilDriver, Whitechapel) and re-mastered by Ted Jensen for an optimal listening experience, the 2018 version reveals previously unheard parts and performances throughout the record, including a missing drum performance found during the mixing sessions. This rare gem includes the full original album, along with 7 live audio tracks from VHS tapes found in Mustaine's own attic!

In addition to the bonus live tracks, the re-issue also features Megadeth's 1984 3-track demo and the previously removed cover of "These Boots", that has been added back to the record with recut vocals true to Lee Hazelwood's version.

Tracklist:

01. Last Rites / Loved to Deth (Remastered)
02. Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good! (Remastered)
03. The Skull Beneath the Skin (Remastered)
04. Rattlehead (Remastered)
05. Chosen Ones (Remastered)
06. Looking Down the Cross (Remastered)
07. Mechanix (Remastered)
08. These Boots (Remastered)
09. Last Rites / Loved to Deth (live) (1987 London, UK)
10. Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good! (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
11. The Skull Beneath the Skin (live) (1990 London, UK)
12. Rattlehead (live) (1987 Bochum, Germany)
13. Chosen Ones (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
14. Looking Down the Cross (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
15. Mechanix (live) (1986 Denver, CO)
16. Last Rites / Loved to Deth (demo) (Remastered)
17. The Skull Beneath the Skin (demo) (Remastered)
18. Mechanix (demo) (Remastered)

The re-issue is further enhanced by a new album cover artwork, featuring a fully executed sculpture of the iconic skull that has been lost over the many years since the album's initial release. The packaging also includes classic flyers and band photos pulled from their archive of timeless metal moments from Megadeth's storied 35-year history.

'The Final Kill' is the complete vision of main man, Mustaine, who commented stating, "I am just as much amazed at the music we made as I am at the pure fact that we survived it all!"

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 11.04.2018 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 154 users
11.04.2018 - 18:17
Hellcult

Yep, 1986 waz the year
Sometimes You just can't buy a certain record and then i am happy to buy re-release or remastered etc.
But other than that no thx.
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
11.04.2018 - 18:39
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Since this is not a re-recording I'll give it a chance.

Hopefully he'll make a special re-issue for So Far So Good So What too.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
11.04.2018 - 19:25
Joppe
Steelemeister
I can listen to this,

Cover image still sucks tho.
----
My vision is augmented
11.04.2018 - 19:31
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Maco on 11.04.2018 at 18:39

Since this is not a re-recording I'll give it a chance.

That.
I'm curious, as Killing... is one of my fave Megadeth albums actually. I'll probably end up preffering the old version, but who knows?
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
11.04.2018 - 21:51
Daniell
_爱情_
Remasters of "Rust in Peace" and "So Far" released in 2004 had, at least in a lot of songs, new vocal tracks. I suppose Dave just put in alternative versions that he recorded during respective recording sessions. Why oh why... These are all much worse than the originals. I bought those remasters and got rid of old CD's before I listened to the remasters. And now I'm stuck with this shit.
11.04.2018 - 22:32
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Daniell on 11.04.2018 at 21:51

Remasters of "Rust in Peace" and "So Far" released in 2004 had, at least in a lot of songs, new vocal tracks. I suppose Dave just put in alternative versions that he recorded during respective recording sessions. Why oh why... These are all much worse than the originals. I bought those remasters and got rid of old CD's before I listened to the remasters. And now I'm stuck with this shit.

I remember those, and the fact that some parts were re-recorded was advertised back.then... so I'm hoping for something better. Anyway, not going to buy without listening before
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
12.04.2018 - 01:13
nikarg

I bought those remasters and got rid of old CD's before I listened to the remasters. And now I'm stuck with this shit.

Oh no! That really sucks.
My experience is that most times remasters are worse than the originals, but in any case I would never get rid of a CD or vinyl I bought 30 years ago even if I got the remaster too.
12.04.2018 - 03:57
Lord Slothrop

Written by nikarg on 12.04.2018 at 01:13

I bought those remasters and got rid of old CD's before I listened to the remasters. And now I'm stuck with this shit.

Oh no! That really sucks.
My experience is that most times remasters are worse than the originals, but in any case I would never get rid of a CD or vinyl I bought 30 years ago even if I got the remaster too.

That's certainly true w/r/t Ozzy's Blizzard and Diary remasters. I can't believe I don't have the originals anymore.
12.04.2018 - 10:46
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
But which version of These Boots is on here? the original one or the one where half the song (all the changed lyrics) is beeped out?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
13.04.2018 - 12:45
Daniell
_爱情_

My experience is that most times remasters are worse than the originals

One of the few great exceptions is Flotsam and Jetsam's debut. Simply put, the best re-mastering job in the history of metal.
13.04.2018 - 13:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daniell on 13.04.2018 at 12:45

My experience is that most times remasters are worse than the originals

One of the few great exceptions is Flotsam and Jetsam's debut. Simply put, the best re-mastering job in the history of metal.

100% agreed. As can be read when clicking on the link
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 3561 | This month: 5