Metal Storm logo
Symphony X - Album Samples Online

Samples for all ten tracks featured on the new Symphony X album "Paradise Lost" can now be downloaded at this location.
The band are scheduled to release their new album on June 26th via Inside Out Music. A picture of the cover art can be found here.

"Paradise Lost" tracklist:

01. Oculus Ex Inferni
02. Set The World On Fire (The Lie Of Lies)
03. Domination
04. The Serpent's Kiss
05. Paradise Lost
06. Eve Of Seduction
07. The Walls Of Babylon
08. Seven
09. The Sacrifice
10. Revelation (Divus Pennae Ex Tragoedia)

Source: spv.de
Band profile: Symphony X
Posted: 08.05.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 6 users
08.05.2007 - 18:10
Samhain
Account deleted
Is it just me or does Allen's voice sound different?

---Other than that, sound's ass-kickin'
08.05.2007 - 18:11
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I was lucky enought to get my hands on the promo version of album...Well this is the best SyX album so far, it's absolutely perfect, more than 5 years of waiting, but it was more than worth it. Fantastic piece of art,a must have for every SyX fan. "Set the World on Fire" is, for me, maybe the best SyX song so far.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
08.05.2007 - 19:03
Storchillarn

Was that a joke? If not it's great news man. It's sounds dark as hell and Allen sounds a bit darker as well. I've always loved that part of his voice.. like the second verse of The Turning where he really sounds evil as hell.
08.05.2007 - 19:55
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Album of the year my friends, album of the year !!! (you'll see )
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
08.05.2007 - 21:49
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Absolutely amazing!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
08.05.2007 - 22:10
Bitch Boy

OMFG this album sounds really really great!!!! I second Jeff: ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Allen's vocals sound quite different indeed, but he did a great job. The instrumentation is amazing, and I loved the orchestration. Even the cover art is perfect.

All this time we've been waiting has finally been rewarded
08.05.2007 - 23:14
Sheol

Just got the Promo version aswell, awsome album.
08.05.2007 - 23:18
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
wow I never thought I'd like this band, but this album is making a believer out of me. Kickass!
09.05.2007 - 01:18
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Whouuhhh!!! sounds really great Can't wait for the whole album.
09.05.2007 - 02:50
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Something to look forward to since 2006???? Every new album has been shit from my fav bands this year and pretty much last year, except Therion. At last, there is hope.
09.05.2007 - 03:33
Mr.Wilson

This album is perfect..and yes will be the album of the year withoun any doubt...a true master piece
----
"..Damned in any Language..."
09.05.2007 - 05:55
selken
Irreligious
Symphony X is COMING TO MY COUNTRY!!!!!
I just couldn't believe it, they are coming at June 26, at that time I'm on semester break!!!, cool, absolutely cool.
I guess I must not waste any cent in my pocket....
You know, nothing of this , neither this ,
----
09.05.2007 - 06:58
MetalSpider

I got the promo version and its awesome. Everything about it is just amazing.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
09.05.2007 - 07:37
Danigar

Well I got the promo too and umm im not sure of what I feel, I mean it surely kicks ass, and is veery good. But im missing something as well, Oh well but is so good. And they are comimg to my county too YAAY, I'll be there
09.05.2007 - 10:16
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Isn't it like... much harder than SyX use to be? And I mean much? It seems to lie in the production, because the riffing aren't to different but argh... every band nowadays makes the word "metalcore" pop up in my head. Modern production is not ment for bands like SyX...
But well, there aren't any solos, passages, almost no choruses... guess there lies much waiting ;P
09.05.2007 - 15:10
Q
Account deleted
Meh, the music is great but I'm not sure if I like Allen's voice...
It's such a change from anything they have done, I mean it's 100x heavier than The Odyssey. I'll buy it though!
09.05.2007 - 15:15
Kozza
Account deleted
Cradka - if you listen to some whole songs you will hear that there are indeed solos, passages and choruses. I wouldn't really say the production's much different from their past couple of albums, either.

I really like this. It's different - the guitars are heavier, drumming is more complex and aggressive, and Romeo lets loose a bit more. Not to mention the harsher vocals. We've heard all these elements from Symphony X before in some way or another - they're just more pronounced here. Gives the album a fresh, yet familiar feel. They've pulled it off really well, IMO.
09.05.2007 - 15:48
HPereira

This new album seems to be a harder version of the Odyssey. In my opinion the new tracks sound better, harder and stronger then the odyssey ones. I am listening to the promo on and on... bloody brilliant album.

As someone said.... This is prob going to be the album of the year.

Actually for me there are 2 great albuns this year with different styles: Fiction from DT and this one from SX
09.05.2007 - 15:50
ShadowedFire88

Sounds fucking exellent!!!!! the waiting has paid off.... get ready for the best and most kickass tour Symphony X has ever done!!!!!:banger2:

Really well done!!!:banger:

ShadowedFire88:beer2:
----
...SHADOWEDFIRE...
09.05.2007 - 17:10
TemplarLS

YEEEEEEAAHHHH!!!!!!!! That album will be true masterpece!!!!!Cant wait!!!
10.05.2007 - 19:15
Mr.Wilson

Written by Spyroid on 09.05.2007 at 10:16

Isn't it like... much harder than SyX use to be? And I mean much? It seems to lie in the production, because the riffing aren't to different but argh... every band nowadays makes the word "metalcore" pop up in my head. Modern production is not ment for bands like SyX...
But well, there aren't any solos, passages, almost no choruses... guess there lies much waiting ;P

man i don't understand people like you...when the productions sucks balls you complain...when the production rocks you complain...man..i don't get it...this album is a true masterpiece and don't even try to compare with metlcore..it's so estupid..LOL..the production is excelent and bands like syX deserve it a lot...No solos?..No Chorus?...my god you haven't heard the whole album...the chorus of Set the world on fire..or Seven or revelation...are absolutly amazing...and there is a lot o fast solos in here...so my advice to you is: listen the whole album anda then give your opinion!
----
"..Damned in any Language..."
10.05.2007 - 21:08
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Mr.Wilson on 10.05.2007 at 19:15

Written by Spyroid on 09.05.2007 at 10:16

man i don't understand people like you...when the productions sucks balls you complain...when the production rocks you complain...man..i don't get it...this album is a true masterpiece and don't even try to compare with metlcore..it's so estupid..LOL..the production is excelent and bands like syX deserve it a lot...No solos?..No Chorus?...my god you haven't heard the whole album...the chorus of Set the world on fire..or Seven or revelation...are absolutly amazing...and there is a lot o fast solos in here...so my advice to you is: listen the whole album anda then give your opinion!

You dont understand people like me? You probably didn't understand my point at all. I don't complain when the production sucks/is good, I complain when the production simply doesn't fit the band, which is true in this case. I almost never complain about "bad" production, because mostly, when bands lack in production it's beacuse they cant afford better.
"there aren't any solos, choruses..." OF COURSE I meant in the samples! I bet the album will be great, I said that the image of the album that you get from theese samples probably isn't very good beacuse of the lack of theese things in the samples!
"listen to the whole album and then give your opinion" - I will, when I can. the opinion I stated over is my opinion on the SAMPLES, am I not allowed to give that?
15.06.2007 - 07:30
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Some guy posted the entire album on youtube. Full songs and everything. Pretty damn good CD, can't wait till it comes out. ^^

Hits total: 2904 | This month: 8