Metal Storm logo
Sleep - Surprise Release New Album

It's weed day and also the day that Sleep just released a brand new album! Titled The Sciences, word spread about the stoner metal band's surprise album through an Apple Music link showing an April 20th, 2018 release date via Third Man Records. You can hear samples of each song right now through Apple Music and also listen to the entire thing on Spotify.

The Sciences marks Sleep's first full-length effort since 2003's Dopesmoker and is divided into six colossal tracks.

Back in 2014, the legendary band also released the new song "The Clarity".

Tracks:

01. The Sciences
02. Marijuanaut's Theme
03. Sonic Titan
04. Antarcticans Thawed
05. Giza Butler
06. The Botanist

Source: pitchfork.com
Band profile: Sleep
Posted: 20.04.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 88 users
20.04.2018 - 21:44
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Dopesmoker is among my favorite doom albums ever. Really looking forward to hearing this.
20.04.2018 - 23:03
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I very much enjoyed the first spin I gave it, but had it on more as background music. I'll have to give it another, more intimate appraisal ASAP. Just saw these guys live too and they killed it. Sleep lives!

Follow the smoke!
----
The force will be with you, always.
21.04.2018 - 03:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Spotify? Hey! I've got Spotify! And plans for the weekend.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.04.2018 - 19:14
Ocean Sage

Sleep's Holy Mountain is one of my favorite albums ever. I've finally been given all I've wanted from a Sleep comeback album. The Sciences is early Metal AOTY!
23.04.2018 - 10:18
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I might not be surprised if this ended up becoming AOTY.

Hits total: 3103 | This month: 5