Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Share New Song, Video And Album Details

After previously revealing that their new album would be called Diluvium, Obscura have disclosed much more about it today. In fact, you can check out the album's art, tracklist and also hear some new music today! With Diluvium, the German prog tech death metallers complete their four album conceptual circle. Listen to the album's title track "Diluvium" on the official video available below for starters.

Diluvium is due out July 13th on CD/LP/Digital through Relapse Records and can be pre-ordered here.

Tracks:

01. Clandestine Stars
02. Emergent Evolution
03. Diluvium
04. Mortification of the Vulgar Sun
05. Ethereal Skies
06. Convergence
07. Ekpyrosis
08. The Seventh Aeon
09. The Conjuration
10. An Epilogue to Infinity
11. A Last Farewell (Bonus Track)

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 08.05.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 152 users
08.05.2018 - 19:05
Cylon Spy

May-July of this year has such a killer release lineup!
08.05.2018 - 19:42
Desha
delicious dish
Klausenitzer said in an interview that it's going to be less atmospheric, so I'm slightly less optimistic than before. Cover is killer though, the track is decent and I'm looking forward to hear papa Klausenitzer play cello.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
09.05.2018 - 02:44
Traezeus

Overall, decent track. Some cool ideas strewn throughout, but nothing too special. I'm hoping I like this album better than the last... but like I keep saying: Obscura misses Muenzner and Grossman. I don't think they'll ever be able to top Omnivium.
09.05.2018 - 16:46
The Galactician

Written by Traezeus on 09.05.2018 at 02:44

Overall, decent track. Some cool ideas strewn throughout, but nothing too special. I'm hoping I like this album better than the last... but like I keep saying: Obscura misses Muenzner and Grossman. I don't think they'll ever be able to top Omnivium.

I love the Grossman solo records. So glad that guy is putting out music beyond the Obscura years.

Totally agree on Omnivium. I'm digging newer Obscura, but the songwriting has really changed.
10.05.2018 - 06:18
Traezeus

Written by The Galactician on 09.05.2018 at 16:46

Written by Traezeus on 09.05.2018 at 02:44

I love the Grossman solo records. So glad that guy is putting out music beyond the Obscura years.

Totally agree on Omnivium. I'm digging newer Obscura, but the songwriting has really changed.

Same! I really liked Grossman's first solo album and I love The Crypts of Sleep!! I enjoyed it far more than I did Akroasis. The album as a whole is riddled with greatness, but songs like Oceanborn and Anima Inferna really make me appreciate his songwriting ability.

Back to Obscura: I know many would probably disagree with this, but I'm most looking forward to the absence of Fountainhead on the new album. I play guitar myself and totally respect his musicianship and playing ability; I just don't think he fits well with the Obscura sound. Many of his solos on Akroasis felt out of place, leaving me jarred, rather than fitting in and feeling appropriate. I'm curious to hear what they release next, though... this song gave me some hope.
13.05.2018 - 23:53
Atrus

Excellent

Hits total: 2976 | This month: 1