Metal Storm logo
..--- ----- .---- ---..

All my other recommendations that didn't make it to this page can be found here.

- 2018 -

Anticipating

House Of Atreus | Cult Leader

Deleted / Awaiting Bandcamps

Svabhavat | F L E S H / V O I D

Created by: Mercurial | 13.06.2018

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Mercurial ]

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 53   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 146 users
08.09.2018 - 13:40
Zap
Written by Mercurial on 08.09.2018 at 13:27

Lolol, nice, I'll have a listen to some Stuff later.

Well this list was originally for me only as an easy access place for this year's records, I tried hiding it, but that didn't last long. Damn snoopy MS crew.

That's fair enough then. You should rename it Mercurial's Messy Music Management.
10.10.2018 - 17:31
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
You might like the new Potmos Hetoimos. Honestly kind of hard to describe but I'm a big fan. Mixes sludge, doom, jazz (eh kinda), etc... into one weird ball of cool music.

10.10.2018 - 21:04
Mercurial

Written by Alex F on 10.10.2018 at 17:31

You might like the new Potmos Hetoimos. Honestly kind of hard to describe but I'm a big fan. Mixes sludge, doom, jazz (eh kinda), etc... into one weird ball of cool music.

I definitely recognise that artwork from somewhere. That description sounds tasty as well.
10.10.2018 - 23:38
Mercurial

Written by Alex F on 10.10.2018 at 17:31

Lol realised I posted it a while back in the 2018 thread. Just shows how great my attention span is.
11.10.2018 - 17:11
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Mercurial on 10.10.2018 at 23:38

Lol realised I posted it a while back in the 2018 thread. Just shows how great my attention span is.

Damn, I just can't sneak anything past you lol. Well give it another whirl in that case if you get a chance. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites of the year.
Edit: Let's try again, check out the new Common Eider, King Eider album if you want some quality drone/ambient stuff with a dark tinge.
11.10.2018 - 18:34
Mercurial

Written by Alex F on 11.10.2018 at 17:11

Damn, I just can't sneak anything past you lol. Well give it another whirl in that case if you get a chance. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites of the year.
Edit: Let's try again, check out the new Common Eider, King Eider album if you want some quality drone/ambient stuff with a dark tinge.

It was dumped in a "that sounds nice from a skim, I'll listen to that properly later" mass dump of albums, which I evidently forgot to go back to.

And cool, that's a name I've seen but definitely not heard yet. Chiz.
19.10.2018 - 06:06
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
It just occurred to me that this list's title might mean something in Morse code, what with the dots and dashes. Is that going to remain a closely guarded secret or...?

Also holy moly, what's that gigantic artwork at the top there from? Looks absolutely glorious
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.10.2018 - 10:21
Mercurial

Written by Auntie Sahar on 19.10.2018 at 06:06

It just occurred to me that this list's title might mean something in Morse code, what with the dots and dashes. Is that going to remain a closely guarded secret or...?

Also holy moly, what's that gigantic artwork at the top there from? Looks absolutely glorious

Ha, it is morse code, but what it says is about as unimaginative as can be. Problem with morse code as that even short sentences take up a fuck ton of space, so just went with "2018"

It's from this; pretty solid modern dissonant black metal.

The artist, Babar Moghal, has a really nice style, and lately seems to be taking direct influence from good ol' Beksiński: https://www.deviantart.com/astralmanor/gallery/?catpath=/
19.10.2018 - 15:34
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Mercurial on 19.10.2018 at 10:21

Ha, it is morse code, but what it says is about as unimaginative as can be. Problem with morse code as that even short sentences take up a fuck ton of space, so just went with "2018"

It's from this; pretty solid modern dissonant black metal. The artist, Babar Moghal, has a really nice style, and lately seems to be taking direct influence from good ol' Beksiński: https://www.deviantart.com/astralmanor/gallery/?catpath=/

Lols yeah, can be quite the complex little secret, that

Thanks for sharing with that album and cover then, will definitely be going on the good ol To Listen list. And for sure, definitely get a Beksinski vibe from that stuff what with the skulls and alien looking landscapes and all that. Nice to see newer artists following up on his legacy, we could definitely use more who do.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.11.2018 - 22:06
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
IT JUST KEEPS GOING AND GOING AAAA
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
20.11.2018 - 22:44
Mercurial

Written by RaduP on 20.11.2018 at 22:06

IT JUST KEEPS GOING AND GOING AAAA

Don't stop, never give up. Hold your head high and reach the top. Let the world see what you have got. Bring it all back to you.
27.11.2018 - 07:31
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Are you Joe? Like, the red haired dude that likes T.O.O.H?
27.11.2018 - 12:37
Mercurial

Written by Unhealer on 27.11.2018 at 07:31

Are you Joe? Like, the red haired dude that likes T.O.O.H?

Lol yeah, but I haven't had red hair in about 6 years
27.11.2018 - 15:27
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Mercurial on 27.11.2018 at 12:37

Lol yeah, but I haven't had red hair in about 6 years

Hahaha, that dedication to "albums of the year" lists gave it away. Good to see you back, I haven't been active a lot lately but I'm always stalking for new releases and news here.
I'll take a good look through this list since you used to recommend the good stuff back then.
27.11.2018 - 15:29
Mercurial

Written by Unhealer on 27.11.2018 at 15:27

Hahaha, that dedication to "albums of the year" lists gave it away. Good to see you back, I haven't been active a lot lately but I'm always stalking for new releases and news here.
I'll take a good look through this list since you used to recommend the good stuff back then.

You'll have to put up with the experimental format which seems to habe irked a few people There's been some good stuff this year here and there though.
30.11.2018 - 17:03
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Needs more Merzbow.

30.11.2018 - 22:57
Mercurial

Written by 3rdWorld on 30.11.2018 at 17:03

Needs more Merzbow.

Oh nice, hadn't thought to look up Merzbow this year.
15.12.2018 - 23:20
Mercurial

Didn't realise the bandcamp widgets appeared in a 2 then 1 fashion on 720p displays. Whaaps.
28.12.2018 - 02:08
Spawdophonik

This is gorgeous, this list might get me back into metal
28.12.2018 - 03:39
Mercurial

Written by Spawdophonik on 28.12.2018 at 02:08

This is gorgeous, this list might get me back into metal

awesome
15.11.2019 - 00:15
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
The Caretaker..... just holy fucking juciest meatballs.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

08.12.2019 - 18:52
Mercurial

Written by Alakazam on 15.11.2019 at 00:15

The Caretaker..... just holy fucking juciest meatballs.

Yeah it's something pretty special I think
08.12.2019 - 19:27
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Mercurial on 08.12.2019 at 18:52

Yeah it's something pretty special I think

Perhaps best of decade material as a whole, the hardest part since its a one direction stretch is identifing it's best moments. However left impression enough to forget the whole rest of the year. Will treat myself to revising it on christmas.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

Hits total: 4322 | This month: 8