‹‹ Back to the General music forum
Users visited: 34  
Search this topic:  

The Alchemist
Metalchemist

11.05.2007 at 20:36
What do you think about this great musician?
Personally, I admire a lot his musical talent, he began composing when he was only 4 years old, and though he hasnt much musical education, hes just a genious. Another thing I admire is his ability for composing electronic, classical music and new age, besides the soundtracks.
Well, now discuss
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
Lupas
Maximus

11.05.2007 at 22:37
He is just brilliant music man. the mind behind all albums. He compose music , write it as like Mozart . Everywhere his music is very well appriciated .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
JohnDoe

12.05.2007 at 00:00
I also enjoy his music. My favourite album of his is "Antarctica" - 1983. Brilliant album IMHO.
----
"what happens in my subconscious is not my business"
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

24.08.2009 at 11:13
I was always impressed by "Conquest Of Paradise"...also "Chariots Of Fire" is great one
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

Exhumed

11.10.2009 at 05:29
Some really fantastic stuff and not to mention the Bladerunner soundtrack which was just pretty darn creepy/cool.
Hexenmeister

18.10.2009 at 06:59
I only have his Albedo 0.39 album but it's very interesting.

I like the combination of synths and live drums.
----
http://templeofsnakes.blogspot.com
Alphafemale

25.03.2010 at 12:54
Beautiful
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
  08.03.2011 at 01:14
Vangelis is great, but I think Kitaro beats him by a mile. What's interesting is that both of these musicians have said that they don't actually write music, they "take it" from the universe or from God or somewhere. And when I listen to this, it's difficult to argue with them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5pndDPjco&feature=relmfu
IronAngel

08.03.2011 at 01:48
Both Kitaro and Vangelis are great composers, but truth be told I'm not a fan of their sound most of the time. I like electronic music and synth music, but these guys just sound dated to the point that it ruins the music. It's a problem they share with other pioneers like the krautrock legends Tangerine Dream: Phaedra is a great album but hard to approach and delve into because the sound is so artificial and unappealing.

I also hate the guitar on the track you linked to, Ernil. Sorry!
Gurth Bennas

20.03.2011 at 12:52
WoW! Ask the mountains is great. you think you are in nature, but I can't hear anything the girl sings, her voice is like wind!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
Hamon

23.03.2011 at 08:52
Awesome!!
Dentura
Shadow King

07.12.2012 at 00:59
I have one of his albums in my CD collection (Opera Sauvage) and it's beautiful stuff man! I love the keyboards to death and Jon Anderson from Yes even plays the harp in the last song "Flamants Roses". So much win right there!
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
ANGEL REAPER

20.01.2013 at 14:47
I still remember the time when i discovered "Best of Vangelis" CD in my uncle's CD collection .... i must say that guy is damn genius ...i like the way how he mix classical and electronic music so easily...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Sophist

20.01.2013 at 15:12
I gotta thank Angel Reaper for showing me Vangelis, damn good music.
ANGEL REAPER

20.01.2013 at 15:34
Written by Sophist on 20.01.2013 at 15:12

I gotta thank Angel Reaper for showing me Vangelis, damn good music.

you are welcome!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.