Metal Storm logo
Vangelis

11.05.2007 - 20:36
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
What do you think about this great musician?
Personally, I admire a lot his musical talent, he began composing when he was only 4 years old, and though he hasnt much musical education, hes just a genious. Another thing I admire is his ability for composing electronic, classical music and new age, besides the soundtracks.
Well, now discuss
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
11.05.2007 - 22:37
Lupas
Maximus
He is just brilliant music man. the mind behind all albums. He compose music , write it as like Mozart . Everywhere his music is very well appriciated .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
12.05.2007 - 00:00
marillionfan
Account deleted
I also enjoy his music. My favourite album of his is "Antarctica" - 1983. Brilliant album IMHO.
24.08.2009 - 11:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I was always impressed by "Conquest Of Paradise"...also "Chariots Of Fire" is great one
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.10.2009 - 05:29
Archetype

Some really fantastic stuff and not to mention the Bladerunner soundtrack which was just pretty darn creepy/cool.
18.10.2009 - 06:59
Hexenmeister

I only have his Albedo 0.39 album but it's very interesting.

I like the combination of synths and live drums.
25.03.2010 - 12:54
Alphafemale

Beautiful
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
08.03.2011 - 01:14
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Vangelis is great, but I think Kitaro beats him by a mile. What's interesting is that both of these musicians have said that they don't actually write music, they "take it" from the universe or from God or somewhere. And when I listen to this, it's difficult to argue with them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5pndDPjco&feature=relmfu
08.03.2011 - 01:48
IronAngel

Both Kitaro and Vangelis are great composers, but truth be told I'm not a fan of their sound most of the time. I like electronic music and synth music, but these guys just sound dated to the point that it ruins the music. It's a problem they share with other pioneers like the krautrock legends Tangerine Dream: Phaedra is a great album but hard to approach and delve into because the sound is so artificial and unappealing.

I also hate the guitar on the track you linked to, Ernil. Sorry!
20.03.2011 - 12:52
Gurth Bennas

WoW! Ask the mountains is great. you think you are in nature, but I can't hear anything the girl sings, her voice is like wind!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
23.03.2011 - 08:52
Hamon

Awesome!!
07.12.2012 - 00:59
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I have one of his albums in my CD collection (Opera Sauvage) and it's beautiful stuff man! I love the keyboards to death and Jon Anderson from Yes even plays the harp in the last song "Flamants Roses". So much win right there!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
20.01.2013 - 14:47
ANGEL REAPER

I still remember the time when i discovered "Best of Vangelis" CD in my uncle's CD collection .... i must say that guy is damn genius ...i like the way how he mix classical and electronic music so easily...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.01.2013 - 15:12
Sophist

I gotta thank Angel Reaper for showing me Vangelis, damn good music.
20.01.2013 - 15:34
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Sophist on 20.01.2013 at 15:12

I gotta thank Angel Reaper for showing me Vangelis, damn good music.

you are welcome!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"