Metal Storm logo
Madder Mortem - Reveal New Album Details And New Track

Norwegian avantgarde group Madder Mortem is preparing to release a new record to follow the acclaimed Red In Tooth And Claw (2016). They have not only announced the details of their upcoming seventh full-length album Marrow as also revealed a track from the album. "Moonlight Over Silver White" is also available as a single, and can be heard below.

"Moonlight Over Silver White" is, according to the band, "the essence of what Madder Mortem is about. The contrasts between the gentle and the brutal, the chugging grooviness of the guitars in counterpoint to the soaring arpeggios of the vocals, and the wide range of musical influences knit together in a damn strong, heavy song. The lyrics are a tale of the loneliness of a forest in winter, walking lost and small between the downy snow and the glaring stars."

Set for release on Dark Essence Records on the 21st September, Marrow is described as being more doomy than its predecessor. It was produced by BP M. Kirkevaag and mastered by Peter In de Betou at Tailor Maid.

Artwork by Thore Hansen

Tracklist:

01. Untethered
02. Liberator
03. Moonlight Over Silver White
04. Until You Return
05. My Will Be Done
06. Far From Home
07. Marrow
08. White Snow, Red Shadows
09. Stumble On
10. Waiting To Fall
11. Tethered

The band also has some news that will please fans who have been clamouring to get their hands on the band's long-unavailable debut full-length album, Mercury.

With 2019 being the 20th anniversary of the release of the album, the band are planning a special re-release of Mercury in which the original songs will be re-worked to reflect the Madder Mortem of today.

To find out what it's all about, and how you can become a part of it all, please go to this location.

Source: darkessencerecords.no
Band profile: Madder Mortem
Posted: 13.07.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 55 users
13.07.2018 - 15:25
annodomini

For almost 12 years I can't decide if Madder Mortem is my favorite band or not. But once again they bring an amazing diverse track, that just proves - it's totally everything that I want in music.
Amazing song, throws back to Eight way and even earlier work of the band.
----
the riddle wants to be...
13.07.2018 - 16:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nice music about some kind a people like me will understand idea and story about lyrical concept since we are similar as personalities and environment where we live.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1845 | This month: 11