Metal Storm logo
Tengger Cavalry - Reunite, Debut New Song

As it turns out, Tengger Cavalry's break up was short-lived. After announcing its break up in February, Nature Ganganbaigal has decided to reunite the Mongolian folk metal band and they are sharing their brand new single "Heart". Enjoy!

Guest musicians:

• Murat - Dombra (Haya band, China)
  • Askhan - Vocal (Nine Treasures band, China)
  • Nan Din - Vocal (Homeland Song Vocal, China)
  • Pat Reilly - Guitar (USA)
  • Joe - Vocal (USA)

Nature G announced in February that he was disbanding Tengger Cavalry due to the stress of the legal problem with his ex-business partner. (Because of a nondisclosure agreement he signed to resolve their issues, he could not disclose further details.) In an interview with Billboard, he says he then visited friends in Austin and, attracted to the city's easygoing vibe, decided to move there. However, Austin reminded him of "those chill times [he] spent on the grassland" in Mongolia, and within a week after arriving in March, he hauled stakes again and traveled to Tibet, then went home to Beijing.

While in Beijing, he reconnected with loved ones. He also helped a friend train a 3-year-old horse at a farm, which inspired him to look at everything from a new perspective "because when you're working with animals, you've got to be really patient, and you've got to be really brave...this whole process kind of really reconstructed my ideas about art and life." Working with the animal reminded the songwriter-performer of why he had formed Tengger Cavalry. "It's horse-culture inspired music. That was the root," he explains. "It's not about business, it's not about [being] famous, it's not about touring. It's for people around the world who love animals and who love nature...that's the reason why I was writing music. All this business stuff, it pulled me very far away from I wanted to express in this band."

Newly inspired, Nature G decided to reunite Tengger Cavalry and bring in other nomadic folk musicians from Beijing to record with them.

Meanwhile, the band continues to get back on track. Nature G has returned to New York, which will again be the base of Tengger Cavalry's operations, although he hopes to work with more Mongolian musicians in the future. He's planning a return gig at Carnegie Hall, hopefully in mid-September, and has launched a Kickstarter campaign to cover such expenses as transportation and production for the show.

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Tengger Cavalry
  • Posted: 14.07.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 2   Visited by: 74 users
    14.07.2018 - 16:18
    Karlabos
    Meat and Potatos
    Yay now this is roots Tengger Cavalry
    Stay away from labels, N G.
    ----