Metal Storm logo
Voivod - New Track Streaming Online

The first single off of Voivod's new album is here and you can dive right into it! The Canadian progressive sci-fi metallers are about to release the new offering The Wake on September 21st via Century Media and today have unleashed "Obsolete Beings". The first single and video (directed and edited by Eric Massicotte and Pierre Duplessis) is for the album's opening track. Hear it now and tell us what you think.

Voivod are also making a collectible 7" EP available on August 31st, for the beginning of their European touring activities and before the album's street date. The 7" EP for the album track "Always Moving" will feature "Order Of The Blackguards (Live 2018)" as B-Side and is limited to a total of 1000 copies. Pre-order The Wake in its various physical and digital formats and also of the "Always Moving" 7" EP at this location.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Voivod
Posted: 20.07.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 62 users
20.07.2018 - 22:46
Deviant
Wow... Killer, haunting tune... pure Voivod. Love it.
21.07.2018 - 10:33
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Niice
----
21.07.2018 - 12:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I like parts of the song. Overall, it's promising for what the album may bring.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.07.2018 - 22:04
The Galactician
I've really loved everything they have done since Daniel Mongrain joined. That dude is such a rad fit for Voivod.
22.07.2018 - 14:40
Deviant
Written by The Galactician on 21.07.2018 at 22:04

I've really loved everything they have done since Daniel Mongrain joined. That dude is such a rad fit for Voivod.

Agree completely. I thought that after Infini and Katorz, where they used the guitar tracks Piggy had already recorded, that they would retire Voivod and go to other projects, but they were born again hard when Mongrain joined. That guy is amazing... and totally unexpected.

That new bassist is no slouch either...
23.07.2018 - 12:58
AndreMarcos
Interesting song. Got some Mastodon vibes from some parts of the song which i was not expecting at all. Overall made more excited for the new album.

Hits total: 2121 | This month: 6