Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius - Premiere Song, To Release New Album

Great news just in from Stratovarius! The Finnish melodic power metallers are back with a new album - with some fresh and some very rare material! Enigma: Intermission 2 features three brand new songs as well as, for the first time in the band's history, four orchestral versions of popular Stratovarius songs. The album is similar in concept to Intermission, released 17 years ago between Infinite and Elements, in the sense that these seven tracks made in 2018 are completed by nine very rare, very hard to find power metal gems.

With over 30 minutes of brand new material and 50 minutes of previously rare metal, Enigma: Intermission 2 drops on September 28th, 2018 as CD Digipak and Digital on earMUSIC.

The official song stream video for "Oblivion" is now available:

Tracklist:

01. Enigma (Brand new studio song - recorded 2018)
02. Hunter?
03. Hallowed??
04. Burn Me Down (Brand new studio song - recorded 2018)
05. Last Shore??
06. Kill It With Fire*
07. Oblivion (Brand new studio song - recorded 2018)
08. Second Sight*
09. Fireborn?
10. Giants*
11. Castaway*
12. Old Man And The Sea??

Brand new orchestral versions (all recorded 2018)

13. Fantasy
14. Shine in the Dark
15. Unbreakable
16. Winter Skies

*previously unreleased in Europe
?rare bonus track
?? rare bonus track - for the first time on CD

Source: stratovarius.com
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 10.08.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 251 users
10.08.2018 - 18:57
Best news of the year.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
10.08.2018 - 20:25
IcePickLodger
Good news! glad to know the older vinyl only bonuses will find their way to CD!
10.08.2018 - 21:43
skelator
They should stop in 2003.
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
10.08.2018 - 22:50
zikon
Eager to hear the orchestral versions of the upcoming songs, i'm a sucker for those.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
11.08.2018 - 18:30
Kais
I like this single. I'm looking forward for this album, which seems more of a compliation album that also features some new tracks more than a brand new full-length album.
12.08.2018 - 15:31
BetterThanRaw
One of the best bands on Earth - I'm so looking forward to this release!
----
Kai Hansen über alles!
12.08.2018 - 17:56
erat
Written by skelator on 10.08.2018 at 21:43

lol why? I didn't listen Eternal but Nemesis was great.
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!
13.08.2018 - 00:09
Can't wait.
13.08.2018 - 16:06
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Irritable Ted on 12.08.2018 at 19:58

Time to be controversial. I find post Tolkki stuff totally forgettable. It's all very well played, but there are no earworms. Nothing stays in my head. It is all a bit boring.

I know Tolkki is a tool, but give me Black Diamond over this.

Hardly controversial, I think a lot of Strato fans feel that way.

As for me? Completely opposite. I became a fan of these guys from their newer era of albums, particularly Nemesis. I don't dislike their older stuff, but I just can't get that into it.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
13.08.2018 - 19:22
IcePickLodger
Written by Irritable Ted on 13.08.2018 at 19:07

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 13.08.2018 at 16:06

Written by Irritable Ted on 12.08.2018 at 19:58

Time to be controversial. I find post Tolkki stuff totally forgettable. It's all very well played, but there are no earworms. Nothing stays in my head. It is all a bit boring.

I know Tolkki is a tool, but give me Black Diamond over this.

Hardly controversial, I think a lot of Strato fans feel that way.

As for me? Completely opposite. I became a fan of these guys from their newer era of albums, particularly Nemesis. I don't dislike their older stuff, but I just can't get that into it.

Each to their own I suppose. I must admit Nemesis is the best of their newer stuff. The rest just sounds too much like Kotipelto's solo stuff for me.

IMHO Eternal is a bit better than Nemesis!
I like their old stuff and new stuff as well. What I don't like is anything Tolkki has done since 2004 (Stratovarius selftitled album included). He is completely out of what he was capable to until Elements Especially Avalon is a big mistake! Seems like trying to steal whole idea of Avantasia. The rest is a flop.
13.08.2018 - 22:27
Ruchesko
Written by skelator on 10.08.2018 at 21:43

Pfft. Timo Tolkki leaving was the best thing that happened to this band since Black Diamond.

I thank him for giving Kotipelto his break, and everything up to Infinite, but Elements almost killed me.
13.08.2018 - 22:47
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I don't think i'll ever understand the negativity towards the Elements albums. I find myself coming back to those two albums the most, part 2 in particular (love Dreamweaver and Awaken The Giant).

Anways, new song sounds great! Like the album idea. I haven't heard any of these tracks yet. Seems like 'Endless Forest' is the only bonus track missing from the last 10 years.
17.08.2018 - 22:12
fandango68
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 13.08.2018 at 16:06

Danny, I agree with you completely; Elysium is jolly decent, while I genuinely think Nemesis and Eternal are up there with the best of their albums, both being FULL of earworms and, like the Cain's Offering albums, and not tailing off in quality 2/3 of the way through, like some of the Tolkki era stuff. I like their more recent material for being a bit heavier too (just as Sonata have lightened off)... real quality Symph metal.
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..

Hits total: 5188 | This month: 8