Metal Storm logo
The Obligatory Iron Maiden Ranking!

Thumbs up: 0
Created by: Theoncomingstorm | 12.08.2018

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Theoncomingstorm ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 4   Visited by: 16 users
21.08.2018 - 18:33
pdepmcp

Really? From best to worst?
I never heard of someone who prefers 3 recent records to some of the 80s classics
21.08.2018 - 20:42
tominator
At best deranged
Written by pdepmcp on 21.08.2018 at 18:33

I never heard of someone who prefers 3 recent records to some of the 80s classics

In my case there are 2 2000s records in my top 5. (Place 2 and 3) so I'm not really surprised by that. Only A Matter Of Life And Death is lower on my list.

I'm more suprised by Killers being on last place tbh. Not that I personally feel really attached to it (it's my least favourite 80s record from Maiden), but it definitely gets higher on my list. Since in my book it's way more consistent than the 4 albums that are directly above it on this list.
22.08.2018 - 11:05
pdepmcp

Written by tominator on 21.08.2018 at 20:42

Written by pdepmcp on 21.08.2018 at 18:33

In my case there are 2 2000s records in my top 5. (Place 2 and 3) so I'm not really surprised by that. Only A Matter Of Life And Death is lower on my list.

I'll give them another spin. When they were released I just gave a quick listen to both, but I was probably not in the right musical mood at the time.

Written by tominator on 21.08.2018 at 20:42

I'm more suprised by Killers being on last place tbh. Not that I personally feel really attached to it (it's my least favourite 80s record from Maiden), but it definitely gets higher on my list. Since in my book it's way more consistent than the 4 albums that are directly above it on this list.

I agree with that. Killers is the weakest of 80s, but way better than the records just before and after Dickinson departure. And for some reason I like Paul Di Anno voice a lot...
24.08.2018 - 20:36
Yeah, I thought Killers would be a controversial one, nothing against the band or the material, but I always felt that Killers was made up of B-Sides that didn't quite make it onto the first album (Wrathchild, the title track and Murders In The Rue Morgue are exceptional tracks though)

Hits total: 668 | This month: 5