04. Achieving The Sound
05. The Album Imagery
06. Classical Carcass
07. Meaning Of The Album Title
08. Back To The Rehearsal Rooms
09. Red Dwarf "Smeg & The Heads"
10. Death Threats
11. Interview 1992

Carcass is one of the most influencial bands in the entire Death Metal scene, starting as a Grindcore outfit in the 80's and moving to more straight Death Metal territories later, these brits shared with the world their brutality and their undecifrable lyrics (only understandable for doctors)
With Necrotism they reached their highpoint as a brutal band, 'cos they moved to more melodic teritories with "Heartwork".

"Inpropagation" is the perfect opener for the album, brutal, fast and very technical, the duet between the snares of Jeff Walker and the growls are just fantastic. "Corporal Jigsore Quandary" begins with the double bass pedals, and the the guitar enters the scene, the riffing courtesy of Mr. Amott is out of this world.

I remember the first thing that attracted me about this album was the lyrics, they're insane! Of course is very difficult to understand them, a lot of medical terms, pure gore and sickness. If you have a conventional dictionary, don's even try to translate them, you'll need a medical dictionary, so if you have any buddy at Med School, it's time to cash those favors he owes you. The ironical thing is that the members of Carcass are vegetarians! They don't eat meat, but sure they know how to praise it in their sick compositions.

All of the songs are just amazing, but I have my favorites of course, take for instance "Inacarnated Solvent Abuse" this song actually deals about making glue with human fat, to be used as an intoxicant (a very common issue in England) "Pedigree Butchery" deals with the use of infants as dog food, "Carneous Cacophony" shows us how to make guitar strings out of human remains, "Lavaging Expectorate Of Lysergide Compositions" is about those crazy kids that take too much acid, read the lyrics and you'll never take one of those again, believe me! "Forensic Clinicism" is about malpractice in the operation room, a classic!!

The musicianship is amazing in this album, every riff, every tempo change is stunning, the vocals and the themes are out of this world. Is the perfect combo, Walker in the lyrics/ and Amott in the guitar. If you consider a Death Metal fan, and you don't have this album? you deserve a much more painful death than the ones described in this album, and trust me, that is really hard.

Written by Undercraft | 27.11.2003

Staff review by
Herzebeth
Rating:
People already know this band, they already know this album as well and most of them really love what they hear when playing it; I've always seen this piece differently, for me it's more than just a great album to play, I think this album clearly represents the art of versatility, musical appreciation and evolution more than anything I've heard in Extreme Metal all over the years.

Read more ››
published 17.01.2007 | Comments (11)

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 24 users
06.09.2018 - 22:28
Rating: 9
metalriff
Brilliant review man! Final prof Med student speaking here:banger:
----
1001 Metal albums to hear before you die
https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6531

Hits total: 4800 | This month: 9