Metal Storm logo
Evoken - First Single Revealed Off 'Hypnagogia'

You have already read the details regarding Hypnagogia, the new full-length album from iconic death/funeral doom unit Evoken. In advance of its release, on November 9th via Profound Lore Records, the band has unveiled the track "Valorous Consternation", which you can check out below.

Vince Verkay comments: "'Valorous Consternation' is the first and only song off the new album played live. The song actually went through a few changes before given the stamp of approval. Originally, it ended with more of an uptempo. As usual, after playing through the song a few times, we felt it was missing something. We wanted something that expressed real anger and power. I think we have accomplished that. We played four festivals this past Winter, so we included 'Valorous Consternation' in the set. The feedback from the audience was really encouraging. The title came from [vocalist/guitarist] John [Paradiso], which is rare, but I think he picked a great title to describe the overall atmosphere of the song."

Source: profoundlorerecords.com
Band profile: Evoken
Posted: 07.09.2018 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 51 users
08.09.2018 - 19:32
Khold Baroness

Great band 🎩 ...reminds the Great 🎩 " Gothic" from PL
09.09.2018 - 17:46
Abattoir

A solid-sounding track, not overwhelmed though. I think they can express/produce more "anger and power", to get more funeral doom vibe in it. Although there is still a lot to be listened to...
13.02.2019 - 11:11
Mariam Game

Music is my passion I always sung a song when I gathering with my friend I listen many song in my life. Now I am waiting for the next album of Evoke in edubirdie.com this news shocked me because they come back for a long time.
13.02.2019 - 11:16
JoHn Doe

Written by Mariam Game on 13.02.2019 at 11:11

Music is my passion I always sung a song when I gathering with my friend I listen many song in my life. Now I am waiting for the next album of Evoke in edubirdie.com this news shocked me because they come back for a long time.

you're waiting for Evoken at edubirdie? good for you.
More think aloud nonsense: how insolent does one have to be to post such crap on a music site?
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.07.2019 - 20:25
Mercurial

Written by JoHn Doe on 13.02.2019 at 11:16

you're waiting for Evoken at edubirdie? good for you.
More think aloud nonsense: how insolent does one have to be to post such crap on a music site?

You're arguing with a bot, mate.
21.07.2019 - 21:56
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Mariam Game on 13.02.2019 at 11:11

You're late mate, this album was released in 2018. And if you want me to spoil you, it's one of their weakest efforts.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.07.2019 - 22:39
Mercurial

Written by Maco on 21.07.2019 at 21:56

You're late mate, this album was released in 2018. And if you want me to spoil you, it's one of their weakest efforts.

Nah, he's talking about the band "Evoke". Must have clicked on the wrong thread.
22.07.2019 - 00:24
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Mercurial on 21.07.2019 at 22:39

Nah, he's talking about the band "Evoke". Must have clicked on the wrong thread.

Naaa I think he wanted to impress us and failed. A Poser.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.07.2019 - 01:17
nikarg

Written by Maco on 21.07.2019 at 21:56

it's one of their weakest efforts.

"Evoken" and "weak" cannot be in the same sentence. It's wrong syntax and grammar and content.

Hits total: 2087 | This month: 4