10. The Ageless Whisper
11. Needles And Kin [feat. Tomi Joutsen]
12. You Aquiver [feat. Dave Sheldon]
13. Summerburned And Winterblown [Underworld limited EP bonus]
14. In This Master's Tale [Underworld limited EP bonus]
15. The Undying Eye [Underworld limited EP bonus]
16. Needles And Kin [original version] [Underworld limited EP bonus]

Additional info
Version of "Stålfågel" featuring Alissa White-Gluz is available only in iTunes edition and "Feverish" digital single.

"Verkligheten" is Swedish for "The Reality".

Guest review by
Shamppy
Rating:
There's a very common saying that reads "don't judge a book by its cover". This, of course, is not meant to be taken literally and does not only apply on books. It also means "don't judge an album by its artwork". There's also another common saying that states that every rule has an exception. Well, Soilwork seems to be that exception.

Read more ››
published 09.06.2019 | Comments (1)

Found in 41 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 34   Visited by: 703 users
15.10.2018 - 04:58
Maco
Pvt Funderground
The other cover is so much bettter it should be on the main page of MS.

----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
15.10.2018 - 10:19
nikarg
Staff
Written by Maco on 15.10.2018 at 04:58

The other cover is so much bettter it should be on the main page of MS.

Changed it not because it looks better (which is true) but because it is going to be used on all formats but the digipak
21.10.2018 - 13:13
Rating: 8
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I don't care if this album is going to be a passable 6/10, I'm going to find a poster of the artwork and framing it.
26.10.2018 - 16:21
Mercurial
Another new track. Bit of a slowie cheese one.

26.10.2018 - 18:43
MeatWolf
NFO spirit is stong in this one.
12.11.2018 - 16:30
Rating: 9
Kuroboshi
I like how chill the drummer is in the video posted above, omg.
12.11.2018 - 17:12
Rating: 7
musclassia
Staff
The Ride Majestic has gotten regular plays from me ever since it dropped, love every song on it, really hope they can repeat the success as I've otherwise only had limited enjoyment of this group

Although I can't say the song posted above really grips me
01.01.2019 - 14:06
Dalleo
These guys tried something new and imo it worked. It sounds fresh while still maintaining their sound. I really like the vibe on this album!
06.01.2019 - 01:17
Svarec
The version of Stalfagel with Alissa White-Gluz sounds so horrible, her vocals sound completely disjointed from the rest of the mix. And I barelly noticed Joutsen on Needles and Kind. Such pointless feats... Other than that, the album sounds great. Much more enjoyable than bleak Ride Majestic
10.01.2019 - 12:02
Mercurial
Not as good as The Ride Majestic, but the more laid back approach works really well for them and you can tell the band are comfortable as fuck in their groove and prove they're the only melodeath band that still matter.

Full thing streaming here, but that Bandcamp looks pretty unofficial so maybe don't buy it there.
11.01.2019 - 01:44
Quatropus
It is weird because I was a huge fan of Soilwork up to Figure Number Five, then they just lost my interest until The Living Infinite. Listened to a few tracks from it and I'm not disappointed at all so far.
11.01.2019 - 16:06
robpal
Proglord
Very good and catchy.
Heavier version of The Night Flight Orchestra
11.01.2019 - 22:21
Quatropus
Upon listening to it fully, it's not a bad album but I don't know...I'm not enjoying it as much as I did with Living Infinite. Track 7 is also just a weird track that I don't know if it works or not.
12.01.2019 - 01:40
musclassia
Staff
Hope it improves with repeated listens, The Ride Majestic has been a consistent fixture in my listening since its rleease, but don't see the same happening with this one based on the first couple tries
12.01.2019 - 12:21
H-metal
Enjoying it even more after each listen. Solid effort.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
12.01.2019 - 22:48
Necrodamus
Maybe not on the same level as the previous two but it has some great moments. Bleeder Despoiler in particular has that classic Soilwork sound to it. The album itself does get a bit derivative in the later parts but overall a very solid release.
16.01.2019 - 08:01
Theodore V
Account deleted
Gay... And not in the happy way...
22.01.2019 - 03:06
illumipony
First time hearing this group, and damn if this isn't a cannon blast of badass.

I'm ordering the album right now.
24.01.2019 - 00:47
A very nice shit after long years of making me disappointed
Top Tracks:
The Ageless Whisper
The Nurturing Glance
27.01.2019 - 06:09
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Wow, the Underworld EP might be better than anything on Verkligheten. The riffs on Summerburned and Undying Eye are infectious! In This Masters Tale has awesome lyrical hooks. All 3 tracks are faster and heavier than anything on the main CD apart from Arrival.

That said, I do really like the main CD too. The slower, more chill pace of the album is a nice stylistic change from the previous two albums. It really gives it its own identity, but there is still plenty of heaviness to keep it interesting. So with that said, I can totally understand why the Underworld tracks were cut as they don't really fit in with that theme.

Hightlights: Arrival, Summerburned And Winterblown, In This Masters Tale, The Undying Eye, The Nurturing Glance
27.01.2019 - 12:48
MeatWolf
Maybe the best of the late Soilwork. Diverse, ultra melodic, eclectic, not heavy for the sake of it, leaning towards rock sound (thx PLEC) and definitely having its own unique identity. Also 2/3 of the album written by Andersson, that's some master lvl new member recruitment.
04.02.2019 - 22:16
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Highly recommend getting the Digipack. All 3 tracks are fantastic, heres one of them...

06.02.2019 - 00:51
Spacerunner
Written by WorpeX on 04.02.2019 at 22:16
Highly recommend getting the Digipack. All 3 tracks are fantastic, heres one of them...

You are absolutely right, sir! These three bonus tracks should have replaced weaker tracks from the actual album. They are amazing. Idk, maybe label hoped to boost digipack sales? All reviewers are completly silent about EP.
10.02.2019 - 16:43
MetalManic
Written by Guest on 16.01.2019 at 08:01

in which way then?
15.02.2019 - 15:27
Theodore V
Account deleted
Written by MetalManic on 10.02.2019 at 16:43

Written by Guest on 16.01.2019 at 08:01

in which way then?

too soft and pop-like for my taste
16.02.2019 - 16:43
Rating: 10
-=(M4G)=-
For me it's their best work since a longggg time. I spin it every couple of days and I like it more everytime.
23.02.2019 - 23:59
Spacerunner

Interesting, 3 out of 4 tracks I liked less were written by Bjorn Strid. The only average track by David Andersson is "Wolves" where he imitates older Soilwork, while the only killer track by Strid is "In This Master's Tale", where he moves along with Andersson.
Take down tracks 4, 8, 11 and 12, add original tracks from "Underworld" and you have new "Natural Born Chaos" in you hands. Producer's fault, label's fault and (likely) ego's fault.
24.02.2019 - 05:38
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Spacerunner on 23.02.2019 at 23:59

Interesting, 3 out of 4 tracks I liked less were written by Bjorn Strid. The only average track by David Andersson is "Wolves" where he imitates older Soilwork, while the only killer track by Strid is "In This Master's Tale", where he moves along with Andersson.
Take down tracks 4, 8, 11 and 12, add original tracks from "Underworld" and you have new "Natural Born Chaos" in you hands. Producer's fault, label's fault and (likely) ego's fault.

I agree for the most part but I think both are great song writers. Andersson definitely wrote the better tracks on this particular record though. Totally agree about Wolves, not sure how that made it to the record... also think Universe is pretty average as well. Full Moon Shoals I have too much fun singing! I would personally take out 6, 8 and 9 for the Underworld tracks... Maybe 11 too but Tomi I think helps bring a lot of exposure to the album so that likely should stay. Anyway, i'm totally fine with enjoying the Underworld EP as a separate deal I just wish it was more accessible so others could enjoy it too!
06.12.2019 - 14:29
Rating: 6
frequenzangriff
I wanted to like this album, i listened to it several times since it came out in january (it is december now), to me it just sounds so bland, monotone (hardly any variation between songs).
It is like eating food without any salt - its not necessarily bad, just tasteless and boring to eat
02.02.2020 - 11:46
Rating: 6
Mr. Mackey
When the Universe Spoke is a personal highlight. For the rest I find it pretty boring and generic. Since The living Infinite, this band does not hit me so much anymore.

Hits total: 10122 | This month: 22