Metal Storm logo
Rotting Christ

25.05.2006 - 13:07
AncientOrigins
Of course we also need a new Rotting Christ topic in the new forum, right?

Rotting Christ is my favourite band by far, and especially their first three full-length albums are my favourites (they don't have ANY bad release, though)

There've been rumors about a new Rotting Christ album for months, but only very few seem to be true:

- the album is in production
- "Last news is that I am still working on the new album and till now it sounds ...really occult, aggressive and as always dark melodic." - Sakis Tolis

Well, I hope it's going to be like Sakis says.

Your opinions about the band?

----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
25.05.2006 - 14:17
Narterath
One of the best Greek Black Metal bands. I love their early albums, especially the under-rated Non Serviam and the atmospheric Thy Mighty Contract. But I don't like the fact that they take all the hype, and overshadow the other Greek Black Metal acts.
I mean, bands like Varathron, Necromantia, Zemial, End, Kawir have a lot of good material to offer too. Too bad that Rotting Christ just overshadows them
25.05.2006 - 14:34
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Love the band, both old and new and am looking forward to the new release.
27.05.2006 - 19:19
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Hail Rotting Christ..! 2 and half years have passed from their last appearance in Cyprus..! We missed them, as we missed something new from them, a new album actually.. No words can describe the leaders of the Greek Black metal scene.. They are just the best!

*CannibalFetus i think you have to find a new pic of them, with the new member George Bokos ;p
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
30.05.2006 - 20:33
Horlequism
Account deleted
I hate how they aren't black metal anymore...many ppl complain about that...their best album was Non Serviam...
01.06.2006 - 03:56
Richard
Elite
Thy Mighty Contract and Non Serviam are my faves from Rotting Christ, but of course Triarchy of the Lost Lovers was also great. They had that special dark atmosphere which was different to what the Scandinavian bands were doing - it's like the Norwegian bands like Darkthrone were 'cold', and the Greek bands like Rotting Christ were 'warm'... but it's quite possible that I'm talking bollocks there.

Some great riffs and melodies on those early albums, and the Greek accent somehow made it sound even more obscure (sometimes I pronounce the word 'icon' as 'i-shon' as a little tribute to Non Serviam!) but the more recent stuff is also great. I really like Khronos and the most recent one, Sanctus Diavolus. Even though every Metal band in the world seems to be using a choir these days, the use of choir in Sanctus Diavolus is something a bit different, bringing to mind Orff's O Fortuna and The Omen soundtrack. It's not 'pure black metal' but it has some of the black feel to it, in a modern, different way.
----
02.06.2006 - 01:06
Mort

My favs are Triarchy, Sanctus Diavolos and "The old show 1996" from their DVD - what a great live show!!! 6 pieces (5 from Triarchy) played for mad polish crowd - one of the best I've ever seen! And I really enjoy to wear t-shirt with that guy from Sanctus Diavolos artwork - so great effect outdoors!
09.06.2006 - 17:06
rebelos
Account deleted
well Rotting Christ are one of my favorite bands EVER!

they recently released Non Serviam and Passage To Arcturo with better production and they are preparing a live cd \m/
does anyone have and like the Satanas Tedeum?
i just don't like it...
10.06.2006 - 01:08
AncientOrigins
I have Satanas Tedeum, and it's not bad for a demo CD. It's like a crossover point between their old grindcore sound and the uprising black metal in their music.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
01.07.2006 - 16:39
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I bought 'Khronos' and 'Genesis' today, and im definalty pleased with both of them. I hadnt heard anything of them previously and only new the name from Metal Storm, glad i checked them out. My favourite out of the two would be 'Khronos', love the track 'My Sacred Path'. Definalty looking out for their earlier stuff now i know what these guys are about!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.07.2006 - 00:16
rebelos
Account deleted
check out Thy Mighty Contract!
is probably their best
04.07.2006 - 00:31
Tyrant Of Souls
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 00:16

check out Thy Mighty Contract!
is probably their best

Indeed, definately their best IMO and one of the top % in the history of BM... Too bad they became as 'plastic' as they are.... Not that they're too bad... but it's definately not Rotting Christ.. at least the way i knew them.... From 'Triarchy...' and on.. they should have changed their name or whatever....
04.07.2006 - 17:19
rebelos
Account deleted
i have to admit that i like all of their albums but there first onres are their masterpieces!
but their last ones are not so bad...
they changed style after Triarchy, yes, but their albums are still good!

you don't like them Tyrrant Of Souls?
04.07.2006 - 21:44
Tyrant Of Souls
Account deleted
i do not listen to the later ones.... The first 3 is all i need...
05.07.2006 - 01:28
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 21:44

3 meaning Passage To Arcturo, Thy Mighty Contract and Non Serviam
or
Thy Mighty Contract, Non Serviam and Thriarchy Of Lost Lovers?

you don't like A Dead Poem at all? i am really suprised!
05.07.2006 - 03:56
King Antichrist
Account deleted
I've got Khronos and Sanctus Diavolos. Sanctus is my favourite, killer album. I'd be interested to hear earlier stuff though.
05.07.2006 - 19:31
Tyrant Of Souls
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 05.07.2006 at 01:28

Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 21:44

3 meaning Passage To Arcturo, Thy Mighty Contract and Non Serviam
or
Thy Mighty Contract, Non Serviam and Thriarchy Of Lost Lovers?

you don't like A Dead Poem at all? i am really suprised!

yep, passage.. thy mighty.. and non serviam is what i mean. A dead poem is ok, and the rest aswell, they just don't sound RC in my ears, not the way i used to know them..
06.07.2006 - 06:17
Invoked
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.05.2006 at 20:33

...their best album was Non Serviam...

I agree wholeheartedly. I haven't really heard anything but their first 3, but the very sight of the words "Rotting Christ" makes me instantly think of "The FIfth Illusion". Quite possibly the most unintentionally catchy song in all of Grecian Black Metal...ah screw that it's definately the catchiest BM song I've ever heard.
06.07.2006 - 14:15
rebelos
Account deleted
catchy and Black Metal... don't fit!
not for some particular reason... they just don't fit!!

i believe that IF we could say that they have a catchy song this is NON SERVIAM... wehn Sakis screams NON SERVIAAAAAAM... i feel extatic!!

@Tyrant Of Soul: you must be old dude...
15.07.2006 - 19:53
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I got the 'Passage To Arcturo + Non Serviam' Limited Edition Digipack today. Only listen to both discs once through, but already i like it. Definatly will take some more listening to really enjoy it though me thinks, as some black metal sounds need to be done with me so i get used to them, also me hearing there later melodic material in 'Khronos' and 'Genesis' could have influenced something. Still first time listening sounded good. I'll post more when i play them a few more times.

The 3 live track videos that came with are ok, pretty poor sound quality on the 2 tracks played live at a Mexican gig, but the video was ok... nothing special though.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.08.2006 - 02:29
Vintervarg
Account deleted
I saw them live when they were in my hometown Skopje. There are great live band and awesome musicians.

My personal favorite is Thriarchy Of Lost Lovers.
27.08.2006 - 11:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Mm went back and listened over the four albums i have (Passage To Arcturo, Non Serviam, Khronos, and Genesis) after a long while of listening to them, and i have to say i missed them. Think im prefering the two earlier albums over the two but they are good also. Think its because ive been listening to a heap of Black Metal lately that ive come to like them more.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.08.2006 - 11:43
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
The album 'Sanctus Diavolos' rulzzz all other Rotting Christ album ... Great Band and Great albums. Sanctus Diavolos is simply awesome .. great solo's and awesome vocals
27.08.2006 - 12:24
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Hembrom on 27.08.2006 at 11:43

The album 'Sanctus Diavolos' rulzzz all other Rotting Christ album ... Great Band and Great albums. Sanctus Diavolos is simply awesome .. great solo's and awesome vocals

Haha, after recommending this album to me a little while ago Hembrom i was wondering when you'd post this.

But i'll have to have a look into finding the album if you say its better than all their previous works
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.08.2006 - 18:06
FOOCK Nam
I have listened Rotting Christ's gothic black albums first: Dead Poem and then Sanctus Diavolos. And both are not bad, obviously very good. I like the song Among the Storm their riff are cool. I heard that people regarded The Triarchy lost of lover... (u can rename that album)was the best of Rotting Christ.And that album is black metal
27.08.2006 - 18:35
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
In the old forum, I commented that I only heard "A Dead Poem" and hated it, so lost my interest for Rotting Christ... nevertheless, I got the counsil of some members of this forum (specially Richard and Sathur) and got some of their other stuff, and what can I say... it's awesome...

Right now I'm specially into "Thy Mighty Contract", a very unique album... I still consider it more Melodic Death than Black Metal, but it's certainly original and has a very bewitching atmosphere... I'm also enjoying "Genesis" a lot.
28.08.2006 - 08:00
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Xtreme Jax on 27.08.2006 at 12:24

Written by Hembrom on 27.08.2006 at 11:43

Haha, after recommending this album to me a little while ago Hembrom i was wondering when you'd post this.

But i'll have to have a look into finding the album if you say its better than all their previous works

lol , check it out and let me know
22.11.2006 - 17:26
Angelrot
Account deleted
Rotting Christ are one of my most liked bands. I cant actually say Ive heard one song I dont like as much as the others or at all.

New albumn-Good
07.03.2007 - 17:56
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I'm interested to listen to this band. Can anyone recommend me from which of their albums I should start?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
07.03.2007 - 21:13
Ealdamir
I would recommend you one of the oldest albums and i think that most of their fans would agree even if their recording "career" has been pretty steady and have always released quality albums no matter differences in taste.

For a starter i would recommend either "Thy Mighty Contract" (my pewrsonal favourite) or "Non Serviam" wich is not as good as the first i think but it is "easier" to listen probably. Their next 2 full-lengths, "Triarchy of the Lost Lovers" and "A Dead Poem" are almost as good so just pick one of this and i trust you'll like them
----
I Really Wanna Visit Wonderland Some Time...
::)

Plz, Help me Fly!