Metal Storm logo
Rotting Christ

Original post

Posted by AncientOrigins, 25.05.2006 - 13:07
Of course we also need a new Rotting Christ topic in the new forum, right?

Rotting Christ is my favourite band by far, and especially their first three full-length albums are my favourites (they don't have ANY bad release, though)

There've been rumors about a new Rotting Christ album for months, but only very few seem to be true:

- the album is in production
- "Last news is that I am still working on the new album and till now it sounds ...really occult, aggressive and as always dark melodic." - Sakis Tolis

Well, I hope it's going to be like Sakis says.

Your opinions about the band?

06.09.2007 - 14:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Evelin Kask of Finland's Get in the Pit TV conducted an interview with mainman Sakis Tolis at Nosturi in Helsinki. You can watch the eight-minute interview here.
06.09.2007 - 22:44
Ernis
狼獾
I saw their show on Sunday and I liked it....they were as good as they were two years ago....I didn't know their music back then but now I was more well prepared and knew which songs to wait....they're grand in live....
09.11.2007 - 21:03
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Poland's Interia TV recently conducted an interview with mainman Sakis Tolis and you can watch the 10-minute clip at this location.
10.11.2007 - 00:12
VPeter
I like the way they play black metal, unfortunally not the way how they play gothic metal, it just isn't the style for them. the new album is really claiming for a spot in the 2007 best of list
05.12.2007 - 18:49
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Rotting Christ - South American Tour in June 2008

Taken from the band's website:
"Rotting Christ can proudly announce the South America tour starting June 2008. The dates will be announced soon. Check the flayer here. We are really looking forward to meet our South American brothers once again. Keep the flame burning!"
19.01.2008 - 23:31
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Metalzone.gr's recently conducted an interview with mainman Sakis Tolis. You can find the video at this location.
22.02.2008 - 17:13
NOИ
Theogonia was a great album, and progressive in many ways for black metal, but they are not playing exactly black metal, their ideology and lyrics has nothing to do with black metal and satanism in general. I call it melodic black metal or dark metal better. another good album with this sound is Mirror of Vibrations by Odious (the band), check them here www.odious-band.com
25.02.2008 - 08:21
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
I am still quite disappointed that the band (or their promoter, or whoever) cancelled the show near me a few weeks ago. The only other show nearby (2 hours drive) ended up being on a huge snowstorm - so I really didn't want to drive so far in bad weather. It was quite a lineup, with Belphegor and Immolation. We went to the venue the night of the show, only to find out the bands cancelled just 3 hours before the start of the show!

Fortunately I had a great time with the girl I went with, but I really feel I missed out on a great tour, since "Theogonia" was what I consider the band's finest release. Seeing a band tour when they are on a peak artistically is the best time to see a band. Ahh well, maybe in another 4 years...!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
25.02.2008 - 16:21
NOИ
promoter's fault definitely. and yes Theogonia is the best release of the band so far!
08.04.2008 - 21:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
They are my new favourite band. I've been eating their cds non-stop. I mwan, I liked them before, when I listened to triarchy of the lost lovers, I immediatly got hooked but they are so much more than that, although I still believe its a landmark for them that album. I've been slowly getting all their other cds and as I discover this band in detail I feel that they are a different kind of band. They arent just your ordinary black metal band. They are so melodic it makes my head spin sometimes when I lsiten to the riffs they came up with.

I'm one of those who was impressed with Theogonia, what doesnt impress me is the fact that they are still so underappreciated. A lot of people are missing out really. Especially with the range of albums they have. My personal top 3 st the moment is this one; Triachy, Santus Diavolos, Theogonia.

In many ways, they are everything I need in a band and its weird because I don't really listen to that many black metal records or bands. Immortal and Rotting Christ are the only one that have really got me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.04.2008 - 16:58
addiction
although i am greek, i never really liked them that much, or actually never got into them...theogonia did the trick for me...i was very impressed with this album! and my fav track is definitely nemecic!!! awesome band and i am proud they are greek!
----
alive in the superunknown
26.04.2008 - 09:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
You should be proud of them alright, I think sakis is very talented and a great musician. I like that they always did what they wanted regardless of the scene direction at one particular point in time. And they have great songs, great albums, in the end it all boils down to that.
----

My Instagram
26.04.2008 - 10:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by addiction on 25.04.2008 at 16:58

although i am greek, i never really liked them that much, or actually never got into them...theogonia did the trick for me...i was very impressed with this album! and my fav track is definitely nemecic!!! awesome band and i am proud they are greek!

Me to anbd Sakis are in wrong club original sucks
Also this name

Kalla paxea fille mou
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.04.2008 - 12:05
addiction
Written by Bad English on 26.04.2008 at 10:33

Also this name

Kalla paxea fille mou

yes he is in the wrong club....but then again....so are you!!!
and what do you mean about this name? sakis or rotting christ?

and kalo pasxa file mou! (although you say that tomorrow...)
----
26.04.2008 - 12:08
addiction
Written by BloodTears on 26.04.2008 at 09:35

You should be proud of them alright, I think sakis is very talented and a great musician. I like that they always did what they wanted regardless of the scene direction at one particular point in time. And they have great songs, great albums, in the end it all boils down to that.

yes i am proud! you know i knew them for many years ever since i was a teenager and only recently i started listening to them...i guess i am (or was actually) a very weird case when it comes to metal in general...which one is your fav album and song then?
----
26.04.2008 - 18:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by addiction on 26.04.2008 at 12:08

yes i am proud! you know i knew them for many years ever since i was a teenager and only recently i started listening to them...i guess i am (or was actually) a very weird case when it comes to metal in general...which one is your fav album and song then?

My favourite album is undoutedly "triarchy of the lost lovers" "the first field of battle" being my favourite song along with "snowing still" but I love the whole album really. Then "sanctus diavolos" and "theogonia" are in my top 3. I think those 3 albums are perfect but I like all their albums really, at least the ones I have. How about you?
----

My Instagram
26.04.2008 - 20:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by addiction on 26.04.2008 at 12:05

Written by Bad English on 26.04.2008 at 10:33

Also this name

Kalla paxea fille mou

yes he is in the wrong club....but then again....so are you!!!
and what do you mean about this name? sakis or rotting christ?

and kalo pasxa file mou! (although you say that tomorrow...)

Thay one come to Lv, but I was In Swe
I would go to show whit big Oriantal kotes 21 banner xaxax
----

apos;'
[image]
27.04.2008 - 20:32
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I will see them live in May, I hope they would play some old stuff... but a friend who workd in the organization told me that the south american tour is very likely to be suspended.
30.04.2008 - 01:13
addiction
Written by BloodTears on 26.04.2008 at 18:10

My favourite album is undoutedly "triarchy of the lost lovers" "the first field of battle" being my favourite song along with "snowing still" but I love the whole album really. Then "sanctus diavolos" and "theogonia" are in my top 3. I think those 3 albums are perfect but I like all their albums really, at least the ones I have. How about you?

hey sorry for taking some time to answer...the effects of opeth you see....hehe!
actually i have only listened to the 3 albums you mentioned extensively....:) so they are my fav as well. but for the top one i would have to go for either sanctus diavolos or theogonia....am not sure which one....atm its sanctus diavolos, but the other one made me appreciate them....as for songs...from theogonia definitely nemecic which is just addictive and from snactus diavolos...i think athanati este!
i like the fact that although being black metal, they are so melodic and their melodies and riffs are excellent. one other thing i appreciate is that although they sing in english (as they should so that ppl will understand them), there are greek titles, ancient greek speaking in their songs and even some sounds that give that feeling, which is great!!!
----
30.04.2008 - 10:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by addiction on 30.04.2008 at 01:13

Written by BloodTears on 26.04.2008 at 18:10

hey sorry for taking some time to answer...the effects of opeth you see....hehe!
actually i have only listened to the 3 albums you mentioned extensively....:) so they are my fav as well. but for the top one i would have to go for either sanctus diavolos or theogonia....am not sure which one....atm its sanctus diavolos, but the other one made me appreciate them....as for songs...from theogonia definitely nemecic which is just addictive and from snactus diavolos...i think athanati este!
i like the fact that although being black metal, they are so melodic and their melodies and riffs are excellent. one other thing i appreciate is that although they sing in english (as they should so that ppl will understand them), there are greek titles, ancient greek speaking in their songs and even some sounds that give that feeling, which is great!!!

I also think that the song Nemecic is amazing and so is athanati este. Do you remember the song Daemons? I love that one too, but im more of an album person. I also think that their titles and greek imagery are attractive, since I enjoy classic literature and mythology I find it very engaging.
----

My Instagram
30.04.2008 - 17:20
addiction
Written by BloodTears on 30.04.2008 at 10:56

I also think that the song Nemecic is amazing and so is athanati este. Do you remember the song Daemons? I love that one too, but im more of an album person. I also think that their titles and greek imagery are attractive, since I enjoy classic literature and mythology I find it very engaging.

no i dont remember the song daemons to be honest but i will listen to it when i go home....since i dont have it on my ipod now....:) and i totally agree with you about being an album person!!! 90% of the time i listen to a whole album! or until it tires me or i get bored of one at least...but there are always songs i listen to more than others of course....when you just have time for one more song...or when you have the rune in your mind and you just have to listen to that song...thats the kind of songs nemecic and athanti este are...:)
and i find classical literature and mythology engaging as well! which makes it easier to like their music...;)
----
01.05.2008 - 21:58
Mikyz
Well Theogonia is the album i discovered RC with and it is one of my favorite albums currently Keravnos Kivernitos and Nemecic are my fave songs and i keep listening to them and the songs lyric aare very interesting since mythology is the main idea of the album
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
10.05.2008 - 23:21
blackart
Account deleted
the new album is one of their best

they sure deserve much more attention from worldwide metalheads.
11.05.2008 - 00:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I think they have a lot of fans.
----

My Instagram
11.05.2008 - 01:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.05.2008 at 23:21

thay had a lot of fans my friend, moust know band out of hellas, even I dont like band, there's much better bands in Hellas
----

apos;'
[image]
11.05.2008 - 01:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Bad English on 11.05.2008 at 01:15

thay had a lot of fans my friend, moust know band out of hellas, even I dont like band, there's much better bands in Hellas

don't say that sakis, they are great, I love them. You can't say they are not good
----

My Instagram
11.05.2008 - 10:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 11.05.2008 at 01:21

don't say that sakis, they are great, I love them. You can't say they are not good

Because you dont know all greek bands what I knoiw (and what also I had forgot but are better hos RC)
----

apos;'
[image]
11.05.2008 - 13:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Bad English on 11.05.2008 at 10:09

Written by BloodTears on 11.05.2008 at 01:21

Because you dont know all greek bands what I knoiw (and what also I had forgot but are better hos RC)

I'm good with Rotting Christ, so I don't need other greek bands now.
----

My Instagram
14.05.2008 - 03:05
Gordon Freeman
Written by VPeter on 10.11.2007 at 00:12

I like the way they play black metal, unfortunally not the way how they play gothic metal, it just isn't the style for them. the new album is really claiming for a spot in the 2007 best of list

This pretty much sums up my feeling about the band as well. They put out some fantastic music early in their career.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
14.09.2008 - 02:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm just getting into them pretty much today. I know when a bands good, and Rotting Christ are undoubtedly very good. A dead poem seems to have good songs on it though and no one seems to mention it. is it not very strong?
----
Coldgrits