Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - Recording New Album, Confirm Acoustic Tour

If you were hoping for a new Sonata Arctica album, there's good news today. It's been very silent in the band camp of Finnish melodic metal titans but this break has been put to good use: the band has entered the studio to start the recording process for their tenth studio album, due in 2019 through Nuclear Blast. But before their new record will see the light of day, Sonata Arctica will embark on a special journey - their very first acoustic run across European soil. Support will be provided by special guests, Los Angeles based metallers Witherfall.

Keyboardist Henrik "Henkka" Klingenberg comments, "We've been locked up in the studio since the end of the summer working on our next studio album and decided we needed to take a break and go out and play some shows. In the summer of 2016 we did an acoustic summer tour in Finland which was a lot of fun for both us and our fans; in fact it was so great that we wanted to do it again and this time we're not settling for just Finland - but taking this show all around Europe for the first time ever. Now is a unique chance to hear our music in a completely different setting and we're sure these evenings will be something really special. Our set will also include some stuff we've never played live before, and who knows maybe even a new song from the upcoming album. See you at the shows!"

An acoustic Finnish tour was also announced recently:

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 08.11.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 142 users
08.11.2018 - 18:06
Zenzero
Zenzero
What a loss.....
08.11.2018 - 22:02
Nick Carter

Well when you think this guys can't break your heart any more, they will try it with another new album. God, please make it stop!
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
08.11.2018 - 23:18
Baz Anderson

Great, maybe I'm in the minority, but I loved their previous album.
09.11.2018 - 09:03
Stunning Cactus

Their albums may not have been the strongest, but there is always a song that captures my heart, so I will look forward to this next album as well.
09.11.2018 - 09:24
AljanahLyra

Written by Baz Anderson on 08.11.2018 at 23:18

Great, maybe I'm in the minority, but I loved their previous album.

You're not the only one, I love their previous album too
----
"I'm not going to fuck you Carmilla, I'm too pissed off."
~Godbrand, Castlevania~
10.11.2018 - 06:30
mikeprado30

I'm joining also to that minority liking their unfairly hated albums since Unia (except Stones Grow Her Name, I sadly couldn't like this one ).

Hopefully Tony will please the crying of their nostalfans and will do something nearer to his first albums (if he does something like Winterheart's Guild -my favorite album from SA- I'll love it ).
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
13.11.2018 - 13:01
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by mikeprado30 on 10.11.2018 at 06:30

Hopefully Tony will please the crying of their nostalfans and will do something nearer to his first albums

I'm guessing most Sonata Arctica fans are nostalgic for the older albums because they feel those were actually far better albums. I haven't checked out anything Sonata have done in years, but I can totally understand SA fans longing for "White Pearl, Black Oceans" while listening to "Shitload Of Money"
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
17.11.2018 - 18:55
mikeprado30

Written by Metren on 13.11.2018 at 13:01

Written by mikeprado30 on 10.11.2018 at 06:30

Hopefully Tony will please the crying of their nostalfans and will do something nearer to his first albums

I'm guessing most Sonata Arctica fans are nostalgic for the older albums because they feel those were actually far better albums. I haven't checked out anything Sonata have done in years, but I can totally understand SA fans longing for "White Pearl, Black Oceans" while listening to "Shitload Of Money"

Well, just enclosing to those 2 tracks is very misleading, because there's more than those ones on the SA discography.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
17.11.2018 - 19:08
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by mikeprado30 on 17.11.2018 at 18:55

Well, just enclosing to those 2 tracks is very misleading, because there's more than those ones on the SA discography.

Sure, but from what I can remember, Stones Grow Her Name didn't have a single great track on it (I haven't heard the two latest albums in their entirety). And when Sonata Arctica release songs like "Shitload of Money" as their singles, I can totally understand fans longing for ANY song from the first 3-4 albums tbh.

You are correct though in suggesting that I perhaps lack a bit (or a lot) of perspective. As I said, I haven't listened to a full SA album in years, the only song of theirs I truly love and still listen to every now and then is White Pearl, Black Oceans.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
19.11.2018 - 00:24
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Metren on 17.11.2018 at 19:08

Sure, but from what I can remember, Stones Grow Her Name didn't have a single great track on it

The first half is pretty awful, but there are some good songs on the second half. The "Wildfires", if nothing else.

Hits total: 3289 | This month: 6