03. Pulsating Swarm
04. Multicellular Savagery
05. Echoes From Beyond
06. Tortured Winds
07. Bloodspire
08. Sacrificial Evolution
09. Putrid Dwelling
10. Decaying Realms

Yes, this is death metal. Filthy death metal.

We've had quite a few death metal debut albums released this year that were absolutely filthy, like that Innumerable Forms or that Summon one. I'm just listing the ones I reviewed, but there are many more than that. They all had a few things in common. They were preceded by an EP, the music isn't entirely original but doesn't feel like just a rehash of what any band has done before, they were all between 30 and 40 minutes in run time, they all had bits of either hardcore, sludge, or black metal mixed in, and they all favored a crushing, raw atmosphere (and production) over technicality. If that's your jam, you're in luck; 2018 was a great year for old-school death metal, and Realms Of Eternal Decay is a pretty worthy addition.

Given the previous paragraph, I guess it is about time I told you what sets Outer Heaven apart from other bands, and quite honestly I would pretty much use similar words that I've used to describe similar albums this year. They were all slimy and primitive and crushing, but not in exactly the same way, though having to put that "not exactly in the same way" into words is harder than it should be without just ticking boxes of all the words I should use like "riffs", "gutturals" and "raw" and yada yada. Outer Heaven deserves a bit better than that, because they've made a beast of an album, so rather than describe the music, I'll try to imagine a plot line for the album so you don't feel like you wasted your time reading this.

This is the story of a day where there was all this slime. A man was walking around and slime started coming out of him everywhere. There was so much slime that it filled up an elevator. He went to the store and there was just slime all over the place! People were slipping in it and they were all grossed out. One time the slime got a kid and a dog. At the end of the day everyone decided they would send him to space so that he would stop getting slime everywhere. The scariest part is that the man was you!!! (or he was a lady if you are a lady) and you forgot that this happened. And then a skeleton popped out.

I hope you enjoyed this story I copied from a troll creepy pasta and just replaced blood with slime, so it would fit. Please don't sue me. Instead let's celebrate the fact that the death metal scene lately is so strong that such a good album feels less new than it should be. The slime is slipping under your door.

Written on 11.11.2018 by Doesn't matter that much to me if you agree with me, as long as you checked the album out.

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 67 users
13.11.2018 - 19:12
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Amosen on 13.11.2018 at 10:11

The problem with writing an essay or with a case study? After all, our company provides exceptionally high-quality assistance. Thanks to this, students are striving to get a good education.
https://handmadewriting.com/

Of course when I get excited that somebody is commenting on my reviews, it's always a fucking spam
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
03.06.2021 - 15:35
Rating: 6
Redel

Written by RaduP on 13.11.2018 at 19:12

Of course when I get excited that somebody is commenting on my reviews, it's always a fucking spam

I'm gonna put another one then
03.06.2021 - 15:35
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Redel on 03.06.2021 at 15:35

Alright, what are you selling?
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
03.06.2021 - 15:36
Redel

Seriously though, what's with the genre tag "death doom" here?
03.06.2021 - 15:37
Redel

Written by RaduP on 03.06.2021 at 15:35

Written by Redel on 03.06.2021 at 15:35

Alright, what are you selling?

Dont know really. But I dont think that you need assistance in writing essays do you?
04.06.2021 - 20:26
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Redel on 03.06.2021 at 15:36

Seriously though, what's with the genre tag "death doom" here?

Yeah, that was, uhh... kind of wrong.
To somewhat excuse the database crew's carelessness, the early releases do indeed bear a strong resemblance to death/doom of the ilk of old Asphyx, Coffins, Hooded Menace and the like.
----
signatures = SPAM
08.12.2021 - 10:28
DarkWingedSoul

Just stumbled upon them, ahhh just let the slime flow....

Hits total: 4137 | This month: 22