Metal Storm logo
Exhorder - Sign With Nuclear Blast, New Material On The Way

Thrash metal pioneers Exhorder haven't released an album for the last 26 years but it looks certain that this is going to change now that the band has made known that they have signed to Nuclear Blast Records. Following the live shows after their reunion last year, there are now plans for the follow-up to 1992's The Law.

Vocalist Kyle Thomas had this to say: "The excitement level of Exhorder being in contract negotiations once again is higher for us than we can express. Coming to an agreement with Nuclear Blast has inspired us to bring our writing to new heights. People still want to hear this band, as was evident in the reaction to our performances in 2018. Nuclear Blast strongly wants to help facilitate this venture, and for that we are truly excited and grateful. I am looking forward to seeing what we can make happen together over the next few years. The roster at Nuclear Blast speaks for itself, as well as the presence of Monte Conner and Jaap Wagemaker on the team. Be on the lookout, because Exhorder is heading your way once again!"

Guitarist Vinnie LaBella added: "What an incredible honor it is to be added to the Nuclear Blast family! We've had such a great year already, and now this! We are so proud and could not be in better company moving forward. We are excited for the future. We realize we turned in a couple of classics back in the day and it's been 27 years since we released our last record. And while those past successes are notable, we feel in our hearts like this new record will be our first record, and we couldn't have a better partner in NB to bring it to you. New management, new line up, new label, new record, new Exhorder!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Exhorder
Posted: 21.11.2018 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 50 users
21.11.2018 - 03:29
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I want Pantera back...
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.11.2018 - 09:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
How are they thrash metal pioneers?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.11.2018 - 13:26
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.11.2018 at 09:57

Because Nikarg found them in 2007.
21.11.2018 - 16:17
zikon
Translation:

"We realized that a ton of other niche metal bands are reuniting after three decades, and figured we could find some hired guns and jump on that train. Now that there are basically no other groove bands that people take seriously, it felt like the perfect time to cash in."
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
21.11.2018 - 19:52
D.T. Metal
Staff
^^^
21.11.2018 - 23:23
nikarg
Staff

The Nuclear Blast press release says so. They should have written groove thrash pioneers though.
22.11.2018 - 00:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by nikarg on 21.11.2018 at 23:23

...They should have written groove thrash pioneers though.

Exactly.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.11.2018 - 02:15
Novas
Idk where people get groove metal from by hearing their songs. They are definitely death-thrash metal band. Well, death metal drumming & riffing with thrash vocals, especially on their debut. Thrash itself has groove metal in it. Groove metal was formed by thrash. It is what formed metalcore. But Exhorder is definitely death-thrash metal lol
22.11.2018 - 02:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Slaughter In The Vatican certainly isn't groove at all. It is more like Slayer sort of thrash. The Law, however, is groove thrash.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.11.2018 - 23:54
Baz Anderson
Staff
Looking forward to this! Love both their albums...
04.12.2018 - 08:56
Ball Fondlers
I missed them at summerbreeze this year... I actually thought they were a generic death metal band. They were on my radar but I can't remember why I didn't see them, and being groove thrash I would have liked to check them out.

Hits total: 1416 | This month: 3