Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Announce New Album, Cover And Tracklist Released

After their latest album update, the Finns Children Of Bodom have today announced their brand new album. To follow I Worship Chaos, they took their time with the new album, their tenth album, which will be called Hexed. It will drop on March 8th, 2019 via Nuclear Blast Records. Feast your eyes on the cover below as well as other details.

COB frontman, guitarist, and mastermind Alexi Laiho comments: "People have said that the album is generally catchier. So I started thinking about that, perhaps the song structures are easier to grasp on initial listen. But there's some crazy shit in there, almost progressive or at least technical. There are certain melodies across the album that could have come from jazz songs, although they're completely metal with us, of course (laughs)."

"For me, it has always been very hard to describe our new music," comments bassist Henkka Blacksmith. "In a way it always feels familiar, but the new stuff also always surprises me. Here we have something that's very Bodom, but somehow we haven't done this kind of stuff maybe ever. Then again, someone said that there's somehow similar vibe to what Follow The Reaper had. I don't know. Anyway, we had a really hard time choosing the songs for the two videos, I guess that's a positive problem."

Hexed saw the return to Finland's Danger Johnny Studios where they were reunited with Mikko Karmila (I Worship Chaos, Halo Of Blood, Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll) who recorded everything except keyboards and also produced the album with the band. Janne Wirman recorded keyboards at Beyond Abilities Studios. The album was mixed and mastered at Finnvox Studios in Helsinki, Finland.

For this album, the band enlisted Denis Forkas to create the album artwork. Bassist Henkka Blacksmith commented on the cover: "For some years already I have wanted to try a different approach with our cover art. We are so used to digital art so that is really hard to do something else. Doing it all the way with computer is somewhat safe and convenient. This time we all agreed to try it old school. We found this cool dude and gave him simple instructions. The cover has to be purple and the reaper has to be central. Half a year later we got his work, and with little tweaking, we have the cover of Hexed. It is very different from what we are used to, even the Reaper looks different, but at the same time very spooky. "

Tracklist:

01. The Road
02. Under Grass and Clover
03. Glass Houses
04. Hecate's Nightmare
05. Kick in the Spleen
06. Platitudes and Barren Words
07. Hexed
08. Relapse (The Nature of My Crime)
09. Say Never Look Back
10. Soon Departed
11. Knuckleduster
Bonus:
12. I Worship Chaos (live)
13. Morrigan (live)
14. Knuckleduster (remix)

Hexed will be available for pre-order starting December 7th.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 28.11.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 268 users
28.11.2018 - 19:34
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Children Of Bodom don't deserve an artwork that good
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
28.11.2018 - 22:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
It is quite amazing, isn't it? xD
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.11.2018 - 23:40
Lanthros

They havent been worth a fuck since follow the reaper. Cover aside i expect to different from this one.
29.11.2018 - 00:03
Zap
Yeah that's probably the best artwork that ever graced a Children Of Bodom album. After scrolling through their discography I realize that's not a particularly difficult accomplishment though.

Going by the rest of the article it seems like music-wise it will just be another Children Of Bodom album, but there is always that --somewhat irrational in this case-- part of me that is enticed by a good album cover and that expects something great.
29.11.2018 - 00:39
yagami01

29.11.2018 - 01:28
VIG
Account deleted
I personally don't find the artwork that amazing but it is the best Children Of Bodom have ever had.
29.11.2018 - 02:02
Mercurial

Written by RaduP on 28.11.2018 at 19:34

Especially after reading the description in the last paragraph. I get the impression the band don't even realise this is good. They probably just saw Behemoth do arty artworks and wanted to jump ship.
29.11.2018 - 03:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Guest on 29.11.2018 at 01:28

I personally don't find the artwork that amazing but it is the best Children Of Bodom have ever had.

Same here. Plus it's better in the full version rather than the cropped one they used
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
29.11.2018 - 06:01
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by yagami01 on 29.11.2018 at 00:39

Full art:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4dad44fb0e66d9481b25214e45812008/tumblr_pix6lhy8Dg1smc06wo1_1280.jpg

Much better than their edited version. By shifting everything to purple they lost a lot of the extremely pleasing shading from gold to purple in the sky and black to purple on the reaper. Granted, I do like the album version, but in comparison the "purple-ified" version pales in comparison.
29.11.2018 - 10:56
Zap
Written by Mercurial on 29.11.2018 at 02:02

Especially after reading the description in the last paragraph. I get the impression the band don't even realise this is good. They probably just saw Behemoth do arty artworks and wanted to jump ship.

Indeed, after reading the article it's clear they don't really care about album covers that much. (who would have thought?)
29.11.2018 - 12:41
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
I hope they didn't tweak it out of choice since the original is superior abeit proggy themed although the darker contrast makes some sense.
I gave my final care deciding to see them bring a nostalgia show last year. Not that I cared for them anytime before since it is my final stance with them but ooh, whose that in hes hands holding if we look closer it's.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

29.11.2018 - 15:56
iMorphball

That's an interesting album cover for Bodom. Their last few albums have been a bit lame. Hope they can put something good out.
29.11.2018 - 19:02
DeathMetal

Greatly dislike that artwork. They should have kept the same theme they had going.
29.11.2018 - 20:55
Harmaajoki

My heart just got colder while reading through the article...
Probably is the time quit liking COB anymore
----
Shit talking and shit taste, whatever.
29.11.2018 - 21:31
FYA
Destroyer

Lmao 15 likes
29.11.2018 - 21:59
visiblenoise

Written by DeathMetal on 29.11.2018 at 19:02

Greatly dislike that artwork. They should have kept the same theme they had going.

I agree. I suppose this artwork is more interesting in a general art sense, but to me it doesn't really fit with their sound or anything else that comes to mind when I think of the band.
30.11.2018 - 11:15
Alakazam
spendin' cheese

Sort of thing brings me to quote Papa Frank's publication analysing types of people on the internet I believe fits this best. On people posting clickbait articles on social media pages is 'having a sign on your head that says "Hey, I'm not very bright..."'
I don't think Bodom are bright.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

30.11.2018 - 13:12
Mercurial

Written by Alakazam on 30.11.2018 at 11:15

Sort of thing brings me to quote Papa Frank's publication analysing types of people on the internet I believe fits this best. On people posting clickbait articles on social media pages is 'having a sign on your head that says "Hey, I'm not very bright..."'
I don't think Bodom are bright.

Lol yeah, I suspect they aren't either
30.11.2018 - 22:30
Crème fraiche

Arty artworks... you have me dying at work over that comment haha!
30.11.2018 - 22:56
Mercurial

Written by Crème fraiche on 30.11.2018 at 22:30

Haha, I couldn't think of another word so just went with the lazy option.
13.12.2018 - 22:39
Crème fraiche

Written by Mercurial on 30.11.2018 at 22:56

Written by Crème fraiche on 30.11.2018 at 22:30

Haha, I couldn't think of another word so just went with the lazy option.

Laziness prevails sir!! :3

Hits total: 3517 | This month: 4