Metal Storm logo
Why do people listen to Extreme Metal ?

28.11.2018 - 21:47
Annable Courts

Where does our deep motivation to listen to extreme forms of music come from ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNFmiLYjX48&feature=youtu.be
----
Top 4 Death Metal bands ever: Cannibal, Morbid, Decapitated, Suffo.
05.06.2019 - 16:17
dorothymelroad

I won't watch your video, but I listen to extreme music (and also slam) because it helps me to free all my energy, anger, whatever, and turn it into a constructive resource of power. And it also improves my mood. Can you list here the clue points of your video?
21.07.2019 - 18:09
MetalstormBANatm

Metal is beautiful rich and deep.
10.08.2019 - 21:23
Neronino

If its good music, I don¡¯t really care about extreme or not.
28.10.2019 - 03:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Oh man I couldn't your video... Gosh had to stop at merely 2 min it was unbearable.

We listen to Extreme Metal because it gives us positive feelings. What other reasons would there be? If someone listens to Justin Bieber do you go out and ask them why?
No because obviously its because they enjoy it... Art is subjective and music is a form of art. There's no deep meaningful correlation with any sort of archetypes and whatnot wtf.
How could it?

I mean I listen to Extreme metal just as much as I listen to Polo & Pan (soft French Electro) or Cat Stevens and Oasis... So does my archetype change every time I skip moods?
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.10.2019 - 03:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guib on 28.10.2019 at 03:30
So does my archetype change every time I skip moods?

Relatable. From Silencer to Massive Attack to Glen Hansard, do I get lumped into specific groups depending what I want to listen to? Seems like such a weird way to try to categorize people.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."