Metal Storm logo
Swallow The Sun - Jaani Peuhu And Juho Räihä Official Members

While we are waiting for the new Swallow The Sun album to drop, entitled When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light, due out on January 25th, 2019 through Century Media Records, the Finns have announced that keyboardist Jaani Peuhu and guitarist Juho Räihä are now official members of the band.

Swallow The Sun explained: "We are happy to announce that Jaani Peuhu and Juho Räihä are now official members of Swallow The Sun. As you know, Juho has been playing with us few years already and Jaani has been part of our creative process for even much longer."

"For me the most important thing in music has always been emotions and originality. I have always admired the way Swallow The Sun turns darkness into an experience that takes you somewhere else. In one moment it grinds you into pieces, but the next song can make you whole again. Their music can even take away some of your burden and turn it into something beautiful. I have toured a lot with the guys after we made the triple album Songs from the North together and became a part of this family-like group. Now, I feel really privileged to call StS my band, one of the most original and ever ambitious bands in the metal scene." - Jaani Peuhu

Their EP Lumina Aurea will be released on December 21st. On the same date, they are releasing a 14-minute music video for "Lumina Aurea" with Wardruna's Einar Selvik as a guest musician in the song and also Marco I. Benevento from The Foreshadowing.

Photo: Jussi Ratilainen

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Swallow The Sun
Posted: 02.12.2018 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 82 users
02.12.2018 - 20:56
Tuonelan

Had not seen that Markus left the band last spring for hearing related reasons, which explains why they have given Juho a permanent spot.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
02.12.2018 - 21:29
FYA
Destroyer
The fact that Jaani is their fulltime member now is a bit surprising. His main projects are electronic rock band and some synthpop, but occasionally he's involved in some doom metal bands and projects

Hits total: 2210 | This month: 4