Metal Storm logo
Flotsam And Jetsam

20.05.2007 - 04:16
__Az__
What does everything think of this band?

Having recently listened to a lot of classic 80's thrash, I gave 'Doomsday for the Deciever' and 'No Place For Disgrace' a listen. Both, in my opinion are amazing albums, however, I think the quality of their albums descresed greatly after 'No Place For Disgrace'
20.05.2007 - 07:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't have any of their albums yet, but I should really buy their first two sometime soon. Like all good thrash bands, these guys are upbeat, catchy, and have a lot of groove. I also like the high screams that are sometimes used

I'm not really familiar with their new stuff though. I briefly listened to some songs from Dreams of Death, but I wasn't really impressed. I should probably check it out again though.
21.05.2007 - 07:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Get hold of the Metal Blade 2cd + 1 dvd 25th Anniversary box of Doomsday For The Deciever. It features the orignal recording of Doomsday and also a remixed remastered version of it and their two demos and an entire live set on the dvd featruing five somgs that have never been released plus some other stuff. Check out the review here: Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver 20th Anniversary Special Edition
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2007 - 15:28
APOHAKC
The Bard
I liked this band some time ago, but it was the time when I liked them only because Jason played with them lol Anyway, it is really awesome band, and even better than new Metallica if you ask me, altough they don't play very similar music lol I am looking forward to see that DVD, I am sure they are destroying on stage, not like testament though (hmm, don't ask me why I wrote that, cause I don't know)..
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
21.05.2007 - 18:47
Hellish Star
First two albums are "classics in metal's history". Every thrash metal fan should own these. And indeed, as Ozman said, try to get the Anniversary box. Sounds awesome....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
21.05.2007 - 19:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know only first 2 albums and damn thay are great, great and classical metal band one of best thrashers in 80ties who never had been in sunshine
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.05.2007 - 13:40
__Az__
Written by Bad English on 21.05.2007 at 19:07

I know only first 2 albums and damn thay are great, great and classical metal band one of best thrashers in 80ties who never had been in sunshine

No, they really didnt get the attention they deserved.... Not by a long shot.
08.06.2007 - 20:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2007 at 07:38

Get hold of the Metal Blade 2cd + 1 dvd 25th Anniversary box of Doomsday For The Deciever. It features the orignal recording of Doomsday and also a remixed remastered version of it and their two demos and an entire live set on the dvd featruing five somgs that have never been released plus some other stuff. Check out the review here: Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver 20th Anniversary Special Edition

I ordered this 2 weeks ago and it finally came in the mail yesterday. Man, this album is a pure fucking masterpiece. The guitars are just ridiculous, especially on the instrumental song. I heard random songs from them on my internet radio station and I thought I could potentially like them, but I wasn't aware that it was going to be this good.
01.12.2007 - 13:27
FOOCK Nam
I have the full length 2005 Dream Of Death, honestly I would say I cant get into the band. Their music doesnt captivate me, I like thrash by old Metallica and Slayer more.
02.12.2007 - 02:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I own one of their albums...Cuatro...it's really awesome...a real classic thrash metal release for sure! I wouldn't mind getting into some of their other albums
14.11.2009 - 19:15
SatyriconChick
I love their first 3 albums, but I'm pissed that I can't find When the Storm Comes Down to download to my iPod! My favorite Flotsam & Jetsam album is No Place For Disgrace, though Doomsday for the Deceiver is a very close second. Amazing band! I have all of their releases up to Drift.
29.09.2010 - 05:12
I like "When The Storms Come Down" a lot, but "Doomsday" is the best...
30.09.2010 - 05:10
I_Die_Often
I liked them some years ago, but just not into their style anymore.
But I loved When The Storm Comes Down and Cuatro when they came out.
Played them constantly.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
20.10.2010 - 22:49
Hellish Star
New album sounds good. Solo's are fabulous, atmosphere is melancholic and mind blowing, some tracks are amazing. The only thing I miss are the high screams like in the first CD's. Nevertheless a very good release!
----

23.10.2010 - 08:46
Kratos
I also think their first two albums are thrash classics. Everything in those two album flowed so well with each other, its a shame that they started to make mediocre albums afterwards(with the exception of "My God" I loved that album;D ) Maybe I should give their new album a shot and see what it sounds like.
23.10.2010 - 17:52
Hellish Star
"Better of dead" is one of the best songs I've heard in a very long time!
----

23.10.2010 - 23:48
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Hellish Star on 23.10.2010 at 17:52

Agreed. Very powerful. Also great lyrics! The whole album is actually very good and grows on me with every listen.

EDIT.

P.S. By the way these awesome lines

I can't only not see light
I can't find the tunnel

echo with Metallica's "My World":

Not only do I not know the answer
I don't even know what the question is
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
26.10.2010 - 22:35
Hellish Star
The album keeps on growing on me, will probably end as my favorite album of 2010!
----

26.10.2010 - 23:06
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Hellish Star on 26.10.2010 at 22:35

The album keeps on growing on me, will probably end as my favorite album of 2010!

Me too. What the ef is going on?

I don't think it will end being my favorite this year, but Erik "A.K." Knutson has now definitely become one of my favorite vocalists and made me want to check some of their back catalog.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
27.10.2010 - 18:45
Hellish Star
Written by K✞ulu on 26.10.2010 at 23:06

Written by Hellish Star on 26.10.2010 at 22:35

Me too. What the ef is going on?

I don't think it will end being my favorite this year, but Erik "A.K." Knutson has now definitely become one of my favorite vocalists and made me want to check some of their back catalog.

Well, the two first releases are classic ones but "The cold" is the best record ever since
----

28.01.2011 - 03:09
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King

I like that song too, you should check out their first 2 albums.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
28.01.2011 - 03:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Death To Posers on 28.01.2011 at 03:09

you're saying that to someone who grew up with those two albums when they were released back in the day he doesn't even have to put them on to hear them note for note in his head
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.01.2011 - 07:21
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.01.2011 at 03:28

you're saying that to someone who grew up with those two albums when they were released back in the day he doesn't even have to put them on to hear them note for note in his head

No Shit? lol. I just found out about these guys pretty recently. I've listened to metal since I was young, like mostly mainstream and local stuff, but I didn't really get into a lot of different bands until the internet came around
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
28.01.2011 - 08:45
marouco
The first two albuns are fucking amazing, the last one also sounds great.

On top of that all of them are great people, had the oportunity to play with them in Madrid and all teasing with everybody, no rockstars attitude.
They deserve a new shot with The Cold.
24.03.2011 - 19:27
Hellish Star
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.01.2011 at 03:28

----

26.03.2011 - 00:05
JÄY
Metal slave
Especially disgrace is holy shit awesome....so melodic and great vocals...just the kind of thrash I like