Metal Storm logo
Misery Index - Debut New Single

Misery Index are proud to announce that they will release their new studio album, Rituals Of Power, on March 8th via Season Of Mist. Additionally, deathgrind powerhouse has unveiled the second single and official video "New Salem", now available for streaming below. Video was directed by Paul McGuire (Obscenery Films).

"Rituals Of Power is a disavowal and warning against the consequences of our so-called 'post-truth' age," says the band. "Each of the nine songs revolves loosely around this theme, yet each track also stands very much on its own. As an album however, they are all brought to life as one 'reanimated' monster; it's roughly thirty-five minutes of unhinged, yet cohesive, riff-driven aural ballistics. We were pissed off and on fire during both the writing and recording, and we think it shows in spades. We set out to write the best album we could, based on what we would want to hear first as fans of this music, and we could not be happier."

"Track "New Salem" sums up perfectly the lyrical vitriol and musical dynamics featured across Rituals Of Power. We wanted to introduce the album, not just with a straight-ahead ripping tune, but with a smack to the face; it's a wakeup call for any concerned citizen and a code red for civilization. Ugly times call for stark and uncomfortable statements, and "New Salem" castigates the faults and ineptitudes of our broken media system and the Crucible-esque, witch-hunt culture it fuels."

Rituals Of Power track listing:

01. Universal Untruths
02. Decline And Fall
03. The Choir Invisible
04. New Salem
05. Hammering The Nails
06. Rituals Of Power
07. They Always Come Back
08. I Disavow
09. Naysayer

Source: themiseryindex.tumblr.com
Band profile: Misery Index
Posted: 13.12.2018 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 51 users
13.12.2018 - 11:53
Athropos
Burning inside
Classic Misery Index.
13.12.2018 - 16:49
SatanicBlood

Second single released rather as I, Disavow was put out in February.
Regardless, Misery Index has always been like wine to me, the older they get, the better they get.
13.12.2018 - 18:10
silenius

Fucking awesome. Needed some new "i'm walking frustrated as fuck to work"-music
14.12.2018 - 14:21
MyNameJeff

The people need deathgrind!
14.12.2018 - 19:25
metalbrat

Brilliant....Hard and Powerful....awesome track.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘

Hits total: 1282 | This month: 2