Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Premiere Lyric Video For Their Third Single

After recently announcing the release of their upcoming album I, The Mask, out on March 1st via Nuclear Blast (worldwide, excl. North America) and Eleven Seven Music (North America), Swedes In Flames unleshed their third single off their upcoming 13th full length album. The title track is now available for listening down under.

Vocalist Anders Fridén commented: "We're always eager to release new music that we've been waiting so long to share with our fans, so days like today are always special to us. The title track is one of our favorite songs on the album so choosing it to release early was pretty easy. This is our 13th album, but every new piece of music we reveal still brings the same amount of excitement and surrealism that this is what we get to do. We can't wait to experience these songs live together with you for the first time, but in the meantime, thanks for listening and we hope you enjoy."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 13.01.2019 by BloodJuNkie

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 191 users
13.01.2019 - 14:44
Sangre Sani

Everything was good until the chorus
13.01.2019 - 15:09
Stormm

Same weak lyrics, same weak clean singing, same uninspired riffing, but Youtube fanboys are praising, because there are a couple of seconds with little bit more old aggressive style. But it came from the same dead rotting horse.
13.01.2019 - 15:09
MyNameJeff

Omfg it doesn't completely suck, i truly am in absolute shock and disbelief
the bar is at an all time low with these guys
13.01.2019 - 16:07
tominator
At best deranged
Yeah... I mean it's pretty "meh" imo. Chorus doesn't work for me and as has been mentioned the riffs aren't exactly memorable.

It's not their worst (not even from what we heard from this album so far)... but that doesn't say much, does it?

"I am above" was better though imo that was already filler quality. Just to give an idea, I had to look up the name of the song to mention it here... that's how memorable the song was. And yet it's the best thing I've heard so far from this album...
13.01.2019 - 16:45
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
IMO compared to their post SOAPF works, this is their best track.
13.01.2019 - 18:39
Constantine

Well, In Flames are long gone. But at least there is still some young talent in Sweden left. Found these guys accidentally with young Hetfield as a vocalist. Love their other stuff too.
13.01.2019 - 23:11
s_t_s

Written by BloodJuNkie on 13.01.2019 at 16:45

There are a couple of great songs here and there like Rusted Nails, Wallflower, The End or I Am Above. Unfortunately this leaves us with TONS of very mediocre songs and this new single is no exception... Really really sad.
14.01.2019 - 01:29
Litvin

No comments on "In Flames" - did put that in to the quotes!
@Malaghost thanks for sharing Orbit Culture, good stuff, reminds Diablo a bit kinda more modern with a bit more Metallica and Death metal bits in to it. Great mixture of the awesome cleans with a bit of growls which is really rare, I mean not generic and boring as other bands do(e.g "In Flames" and other kids metal bands), but that is just my subjective opinion as a perfectionist

p/s the Jester pic is looking really good through

The Orbit Culture is really is inspired by Metallica for sure

14.01.2019 - 01:41
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by s_t_s on 13.01.2019 at 23:11

There are a couple of great songs here and there like Rusted Nails, Wallflower, The End or I Am Above. Unfortunately this leaves us with TONS of very mediocre songs and this new single is no exception... Really really sad.

I'm Above and Rusted Nails are very good tracks but The End and Wallflower should be included in these mediocre songs. Wallflower is good musically but vocally it's terrible. The End and The Truth are two tracks I wanna forget that they exist....
14.01.2019 - 02:50
EricAxel36

In Flames were my favourite band back when they played melodeath, but I would be very happy if they continued heir sound on Come Clarity, that was a solid pop-styled/accessible metal album. A Sense of Purpose grew on me a little bit, but everything after that is pure garbage.
14.01.2019 - 04:41
IBlackened

It's not total garbage, but we've heard this already. It sounds like an ASoP/Come Clarity leftover. Why not just listen to those albums instead?
----
Their old stuff is better.
14.01.2019 - 09:37
Jeeers

It seems that for everyone here there is one "last good" In Flames album. And it differs pretty much...
For some it's Whoracle, for some it's Clayman, for me it's Soundtrack To Your Escape.
14.01.2019 - 12:52
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Jeeers on 14.01.2019 at 09:37

It seems that for everyone here there is one "last good" In Flames album. And it differs pretty much...
For some it's Whoracle, for some it's Clayman, for me it's Soundtrack To Your Escape.

For me it's Lunar Strain
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
14.01.2019 - 12:54
tominator
At best deranged
The only album that I really liked after RTR is SOAPF. Though Come Clarity also had some stuff in it that I quite enjoyed.

If they made an album in which all the songs had the same quality as Wallflower did on their last album, that would imo be a solid record. Wallflower was the only real bright spot on Battles. I like it more than anything I've heard so far from this album.
14.01.2019 - 20:00
WorpeX
Made of Metal
The song isn't too bad. The vocals on the chorus clearly have some heavy auto-tune action going on which is a little annoying. Otherwise the song is fine. I would enjoy it when/if it gets played on the radio but its not gonna get me to buy the album. I don't think these guys are striving to do much better than that at this point in their careers.
15.01.2019 - 13:57
s_t_s

Written by BloodJuNkie on 14.01.2019 at 01:41

I'm Above and Rusted Nails are very good tracks but The End and Wallflower should be included in these mediocre songs. Wallflower is good musically but vocally it's terrible. The End and The Truth are two tracks I wanna forget that they exist....

I admit that The End is a bit cheesy but I like it. Not the truth though, from the start it sounds like crappy pop.
17.01.2019 - 10:54
manthraxxx

Completely Booooooooooooooo !!!!
19.01.2019 - 09:55
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
If they progress like this, they'll return to a Clayman-ish sound in.. 30 years?
23.01.2019 - 12:35
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Stormm on 13.01.2019 at 15:09

but Youtube fanboys are praising

Or they simply like the song.
23.01.2019 - 13:38
nikarg

Written by RaduP on 14.01.2019 at 12:52

Written by Jeeers on 14.01.2019 at 09:37

For me it's Lunar Strain

For me as well.
23.01.2019 - 14:24
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by nikarg on 23.01.2019 at 13:38

For me as well.

Supreme taste, my man
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
23.01.2019 - 15:27
nikarg

Written by RaduP on 23.01.2019 at 14:24

For me as well.

Supreme taste, my man

It's ridiculous how good this album is compared to everything that followed it.
26.01.2019 - 04:12
Archie 666

This is so bad. Zero creativity. Chorus straight from Thirty Seconds To Mars..
02.02.2019 - 17:56
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by s_t_s on 15.01.2019 at 13:57

I admit that The End is a bit cheesy but I like it. Not the truth though, from the start it sounds like crappy pop.

That's true, I don't mind listening to The End, but The Truth is what I dislike about new In Flames. There is good pop and there is that crappy pop with terrible music, lyrics and vocals. Battles and Siren Charms have some examples of each but Battles has more of that crappy pop IMO. I also find The Mask promising from the 4 singles they have released (or 3 and a leaked 4th one). If they keep it at the same level it will be better than Battles and Siren Charms.
02.02.2019 - 17:57
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by nikarg on 23.01.2019 at 15:27

Written by RaduP on 23.01.2019 at 14:24

For me as well.

Supreme taste, my man

It's ridiculous how good this album is compared to everything that followed it.

The Jester Race is their best release though...
03.02.2019 - 17:46
s_t_s

Written by BloodJuNkie on 02.02.2019 at 17:56

Written by s_t_s on 15.01.2019 at 13:57

That's true, I don't mind listening to The End, but The Truth is what I dislike about new In Flames. There is good pop and there is that crappy pop with terrible music, lyrics and vocals. Battles and Siren Charms have some examples of each but Battles has more of that crappy pop IMO. I also find The Mask promising from the 4 singles they have released (or 3 and a leaked 4th one). If they keep it at the same level it will be better than Battles and Siren Charms.

You and I fully agree that pop is not a bad genre, well there is no bad genre, but In Flames can make good pop songs but also very bad ones ! That's too bad since I can enjoy some of their recent songs...

Hits total: 2864 | This month: 6