Metal Storm logo
Ævangelist - Announce New Lineup And Upcoming EP

It remains unclear whether any legal action has been taken following the rape accusations against Reuben "Matron Thorn" Jordan. It seems though that he has taken over Ævangelist and through a new Facebook page he has announced a new lineup with the recruitment of former Anorexia Nervosa vocalist, Stéphane Gerbaut, and plans for releasing an EP in the near future.

Matron Thorn posted:

"To all.

"Ævangelist is active. You may choose to update relevant web presences accordingly. This is the new, and only, source of information about Ævangelist. Anything else may be considered unconfirmed and false, including information from the stolen previous Facebook page.

"On past events, nothing more needs to be said, nothing more will be said. This is a project created and curated by Matron Thorn since 2011, with various contributions over the years from various individuals. May they find whatever it is they are looking for elsewhere.

"New lineup :
Stephane Gerbaud (ex-Anorexia Nervosa) - Voices
Matron Thorn - Music

"As usual, in thanks to the true supporters of this project, a new EP will be made available soon to reward the faith of the devoted. My only goal is to create art, to make a place of reflection for the ones out there that value this project and what it's aims are. Anything in this world that is of any importance is always eventually threatened, sometimes even from within, but let it be a testament to my devotion to those that believed in this that Ævangelist remains firm and unshaken by ridiculous lies and malicious character tactics and instead, concentrates only on what it has always set out to do, which is create this art.

"Anyone interested in the music of Ævangelist is welcome to like this page and share it and this post, and stay tuned for future developments, be that 1,000 of you or 100,000 of you.

"See you soon
Matron Thorn on behalf of Ævangelist"

Valerie "Ascaris" Dorr actually shared the above post and commented herself on the other Facebook page the duo used to have:

"I don't support this obviously and I'm disappointed but unsurprised with the general black metal community. I'm sure most of y'all will continue doing the same you do with your other toxic artists.

"I'll be interested to see if Stéphane actually comes out of 20 years of apparent inactivity. Fingers crossed for a more interestingly dissonant black metal than what Reuben/Thorn has been doing lately, but I can guarantee the last embers of death that made Ævangelist strong are likely gone along with the spirituality that led to the name. so y'all, enjoy yet another Thorn black metal project masquerading under my name.
Valerie"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ævangelist
Posted: 20.01.2019 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 65 users
20.01.2019 - 23:51
nikarg

Wtf are we supposed to do with the band profile?

21.01.2019 - 00:09
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Ævangelist A.D. or The True Ævangelist
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.01.2019 - 00:46
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Maco on 21.01.2019 at 00:09

Of Fire
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
21.01.2019 - 10:17
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Darkside Momo on 21.01.2019 at 00:46

Of Fire

I was thinking they could use Avangelist and Evangelist.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.01.2019 - 13:13
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by M C Vice on 21.01.2019 at 10:17

Written by Darkside Momo on 21.01.2019 at 00:46

Of Fire

I was thinking they could use Avangelist and Evangelist.

But how to spot the Ræpist, then?
----
signatures = SPAM
21.01.2019 - 20:13
IBlackened

Written by Starvynth on 21.01.2019 at 13:13

But how to spot the Ræpist, then?

According to a comment in the first facebook post about this situation, the accusing member is no stranger to sexual misconduct either. So... both?
----
Their old stuff is better.

Hits total: 1990 | This month: 6