Metal Storm logo
Agent Steel - Reformed, To Release First Album In 12 Years

US power metal idols Agent Steel's new lineup, featuring original frontman John Cyriis, have recently confirmed their appearance at Metalheadz Open Air 2019 (June 1st), in Oberndorf am Lech, Germany. The band will deliver songs from the three classic Agent Steel albums, as well as four new songs from their forthcoming new album, entitled 8 Lights Protocol, tentatively scheduled for a September release on a soon to be announced record label. Stay tuned for further updates.

According to a message posted at the band's Facebook page, John Cyriis, along with the new Agent Steel lineup, "are ready to deliver a speed metal supernova to those who choose to attend this mighty day of metal glory."

So far confirmed tour dates:

26.04. - GER, Lauda-Königshofen - Keep It True Festival
17.05. - FRA, Plozévet - Courts Of Chaos Festival
01.06. - GER, Oberndorf am Lech - Metalheadz Open Air

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Agent Steel
Posted: 23.01.2019 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 47 users
23.01.2019 - 12:52
Joppe
Steelemeister
New line up AKA a cover band. Cyrii + 4 mercenaries agent STEAL (=steal the band) experience.

Anyone who thinks this is good news should feel sorry for himself .
----
My vision is augmented
23.01.2019 - 12:55
Mercurial

Bruce Hall had a way more interesting voice anyway so the cares are zero.
23.01.2019 - 20:54
skelator

You guys sound like a bunch of gothic girls. I'm sure it will be great album, cant wait! Cyriis-Gracia-Versailles-Medina-Amezcua
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
23.01.2019 - 21:30
Rulatore

Written by Joppe on 23.01.2019 at 12:52

New line up AKA a cover band. Cyrii + 4 mercenaries agent STEAL (=steal the band) experience.

Woah, that's a lot of salt. Did he got into a fight with the previous members or something ?
23.01.2019 - 23:22
sbgmetal

Nooooo! i was really hoping for an agent steel album with cyriis bernie and juan
24.01.2019 - 12:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by skelator on 23.01.2019 at 20:54

You guys sound like a bunch of gothic girls. I'm sure it will be great album, cant wait! Cyriis-Gracia-Versailles-Medina-Amezcua

There will be no Garcia, Versailles, Medina, Amezcua in this Agent Steel incarnation.. It will just be John Cyriis with some hired hands.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.01.2019 - 17:55
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Rulatore on 23.01.2019 at 21:30

Written by Joppe on 23.01.2019 at 12:52

Woah, that's a lot of salt. Did he got into a fight with the previous members or something ?

Not to say that I know 100% facts about the situation. What I have gathered is that Cyrii has the copyright and was strangleholding the previous Agent Steel. Hence it's pretty clear why the ex-members are now in a band named Masters of Metal and not in Agent Steel.

"Agent Steel disbanded in 1988, reunited again in 1998, and went on hold in 2011. They had to change their name in 2001 to Order of the Illuminati due to legal pressure from original vocalist John Cyriis, but the change was not permanent. In 2003, the band returned with the original name Agent Steel and instead called the new album Order of the Illuminati." ,

"...in an August 2011 interview... Garcia stated that if the band plays with John Cyriis singing, it's Agent Steel, and if the band plays with Rick Mythiasin -or any other vocalist-, it's Masters of Metal." And

"Cyriis claims to be the copyright owner of the Agent Steel name/trademark"

Once again not 100% facts, but what I'm guessing is that Bruce Hall might have left because of this Cyrii/copyright bullshit.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 2144 | This month: 8