Metal Storm logo
Leverage - New Full-Length Coming Up, Single Revealed

Finland Leverage finally put an end to their 10 year hiatus between studio albums with the announcement of the release of their highly anticipated new album, to be entitled Determinus. Preceded by the release of the 2018 (digital only) EP The Devil's Turn, Leverage are set to retake their place in the standings of the heavy metal/hard rock community with this new album. First single and video, "Burn Love Burn", has been released and can be listened to down below.

"People that have heard the music say that it definitely has the Leverage vibe, but also covers new ground. It has variety, ranging from pretty damn heavy to all kinds of far ends at times. This album sounds like a band playing and there's movement where we didn't use to have it. There's less overdubs, not too many huge hired choirs, very little MIDI orchestrations and less tracks all together," comments guitarist Tuomas Heikkinen.

Determinus also introduces their new singer, Kimmo Blom (Urban Tale, Raskasta Joulua) and a new guitar player, Mikko Salovaara. "Kimmo is a phenomenal and very versatile singer. He draws pictures in front of you the way he sings," adds Tuomas. "He has a huge presence, both seen and heard and is not the most typical vocalist in this scene. He approaches each song as a short story and really throws himself in there. Mikko is a monster guitar player with a background of very heavy and complex metal with a band called Kiuas. It was like "I am going to get him or Leverage will have only one guitar". I am happy he wanted to join the band. I have been blessed to get to work with outstanding guitar players in Leverage, first with Torsti and now with Mikko."

"I'm really excited about all this, getting back to making Leverage music with a great group of people, old and new. And getting it out through a solid label to the fans," concludes Tuomas.

Determinus tracklist:

01. Burn Love Burn
02. Wind Of Morrigan
03. Tiger
04. Red Moon Over Sonora
05. Mephistocrate
06. Afterworld's Disciple
07. When We Were Young
08. Heaven's No Place For Us
09. Hand Of God
10. Rollerball
11. Troy

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leverage
Posted: 01.02.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 22 users
01.02.2019 - 11:18
zikon
Now it's Celesty's turn to be out of the hiatus.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
01.02.2019 - 15:09
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Stranger is still a song a listen to very often.
01.02.2019 - 19:36
Kais
Written by zikon on 01.02.2019 at 11:18

Now it's Celesty's turn to be out of the hiatus.

I second that.

Hits total: 1159 | This month: 3