Metal Storm logo
Blaze Bayley - Confirm Iron Maiden 25th Anniversary Special Shows

Blaze Bayley, singer with Iron Maiden 1994-1999, announces that he will be playing a special Iron Maiden setlist at selected festival appearances in 2019. Choosing songs from his era with the band, these shows will celebrate 25 years since Blaze joined Iron Maiden. This will be the first and last opportunity to see such a setlist.

Blaze has this to say: "25 years ago my great adventure with Iron Maiden began. It was a wonderful 5 years in my career and something I'm very proud of. Since then I have toured almost every year, and made 11 studio albums and 3 live albums. Recently, many fans have asked me to perform songs from the two albums I recorded with Iron Maiden, so this year to celebrate that magical time, I'm doing a full set of my favourite songs from the X-factor and Virtual XI albums at festivals. My voice has developed and changed since my time as lead vocalist with Iron Maiden. Now I feel I'm singing better than ever, so I'm very excited about singing those old songs with the voice I have now."

Guitarist Chris Appleton adds: "Normally when we perform as Blaze's band we are a 4-piece including Blaze, so just myself on lead guitar and that really works for us. But for these Maiden sets we think it's really cool to bring in my brother Luke as second guitarist to enhance the Maiden feel. It's an honour for us to play these songs with Blaze, increasingly recognized as an important chapter in Maiden's history."

These are the festivals which will feature a special Iron Maiden setlist:

06.06.2019 - Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
14.06.2019 - Rock The Coast, Spain
27.07.2019 - Headbangers Open Air, Germany
09.08.2019 - Mannried Open Air, Switzerland
10.08.2019 - Dark River Festival, Finland

Other European 2019 tour dates also confirmed:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blaze Bayley
Posted: 18.02.2019 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 65 users
18.02.2019 - 14:52
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I thought Iron Maiden invited him for a celebration mini tour where Blaze and Bruce would sing together a few Virtual XI / The X Factor songs. That would be cool.
18.02.2019 - 19:00
thewall30

Blaze is a standup guy always loved those two albums he did with Maiden, much respect
----
01.04.2019 - 10:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We're delighted to announce that France is added to the schedule of our Iron Maiden 25th Anniversary shows with the following dates....

October 2019
2nd Orleans, Blue Devils
3rd Lyon, Rock n Eat
4th Dijon, Rising Fest
5th Fismes, British Steel Saturday

As with the other anniversary shows in the Summer, the line-up will be....
Blaze Bayley - singer
Chris Appleton - guitar & backing vocals
Martin Mcnee - drums
Karl Shaby Schramm - bass & backing vocals
plus special guest on guitar & backing vocals - Luke Appleton (of Iced Earth & Absolva)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1887 | This month: 6