Metal Storm logo
Most representative song from a band

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 24.05.2007 - 20:13
What I intend with this thread is to disscuss which song from any band you like would you consider it the most representative, I mean, which song contains most of the sounds that characterize the band, or which song you think expresses more the general sound of the band.

For example, and this is who this came to my mind, I was listening to 'The Power of One' from Sonata Arctica, and started thinking that this song contains most of the elements the band uses in their songs. It has slow parts, fast parts, soft heart-felt vocals, and high pitched vocals, etc... it would be a very complete and represntative song from Sonata Arctica.

So, I'd like you to disscuss this same thing with your favorite bands. Which song you think is most representative and why.
08.06.2007 - 06:12
selken
Irreligious
By taking a look at some of my collection I select the first song I remember:
By the way, I've presented these songs as "signature songs" to brand new metalheads
Angra - Angels Cry
Sepultura - Territory
Blind Guardian - Mirror, Mirror
Gamma Ray - Beyond The Black Hole
Helloween - Halloween
Haggard - Awaking The Centuries
Children Of Bodom - Northern Confort
Stratovarius - Black Diamond
Rhapsody Of Fire - Wisdom Of The Kings
X Japan - Art Of Life
HammerFall - Where The Dragon Lies Bleeding (is the root of all)
Dark Funeral - Diabolis Interium
Megadeth - Back To The Hangar
Symphony X - Smoke And Mirrors
----
08.06.2007 - 11:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
for Blind Guardian i will vote for And Then There Was Silence...the methods used in here are quite similar to Mirror, Mirror, and in addition there are more of them and together in the whole song it is perfect...but i have to admit, that Mirror, Mirror is much shorter and that can be advantage, because not-metal lover won't listen to 14-minute song...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.06.2007 - 03:32
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Iced Earth - Iced Earth
Megadeth - Holy Wars
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Testament - The Legacy
Slayer - Raining Blood
Tristania - World of Glass