Metal Storm logo
Evanescence

25.05.2006 - 22:11
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Ok, so first of all i am aware of the fact that alot of people will come here and bash this band, if you do so i cant stop you, but i can ask you this, why do you hate this band? and most of all, how much have you actually heard by them?

so please people, no mindless bash posts, rather tell me what you dont like about them,

having said that, i wonder what their new cd will be like, i hope it'll be heaps better then fallen (which wont be very hard IMO)
i didnt really like fallen, i think it's not half as good as it could be, because i think Amy is an amazing vocalist, and i like their pre-fallen material very much,

please let me hear your opinions, what do you like better, fallen or their pre-fallen stuff?
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
25.05.2006 - 23:00
Ernis
狼獾
I know only their Fallen and nothing else....Evanescence was the band I listened with a wannabesatanicgoth girl I had a crush on....it was several years ago.....really...
But I must say that Evanescence is not bad at all....On Fallen there are no bad songs....each have a meaning and the melodies are good....nothing to bash them for....
But right now I listen to them really seldom...I just grew out of this Silpknot/Evanescence period and I do not miss it.....But that does not mean I'd bash them.....
27.05.2006 - 20:50
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I like this band, I used to hear them everyday around 2 years ago, I know only 'fallen', very good album every song is good but I realized that this band is quite depressive
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
01.06.2006 - 12:52
Coté
I love this band and I have allmost all their songs.
I have the Cd Not For Your Ears which was before than Fallen.
The DVD is good too but in the song Haunted Amy Lee's voice isn't so good, but is just that song.
I wonder about their new Cd, can't wait to have it.
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
13.06.2006 - 01:55
AntaeusM
Elite
I am not really fond of this band. Basically I would put them in the same catogery as bands such as Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation. Bands who are exploiting the whole goth trend. This trend is slowly fading away, and I can also notice that in the popularity of Evanescence and such.

Musically, they are just very average, the riffs are quite simple and the girl's vocals are just quite..simple. There are better bands in this genre than Evanescence.
24.06.2006 - 20:28
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Well nothing said can describe what this band is like I just LOVE them and I have everything fucking thing for them from music to videos to DVDs to pics...........

does anybody know anything about their new album.........
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
24.06.2006 - 21:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by AntaeusM on 13.06.2006 at 01:55

I am not really fond of this band. Basically I would put them in the same catogery as bands such as Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation. Bands who are exploiting the whole goth trend. This trend is slowly fading away, and I can also notice that in the popularity of Evanescence and such.

Musically, they are just very average, the riffs are quite simple and the girl's vocals are just quite..simple. There are better bands in this genre than Evanescence.

Fadin away, overhere I feel that it is bigger than ever! Never saw so much Evanescence, Within Temptation and Nightwish shirts..

I agree with the second part though, they are average. Musically I don't like them at all, because it is not my taste, but I can always appreciate some good musicianship. They don't show it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2006 - 21:17
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Written by Lucas on 24.06.2006 at 21:07

Written by AntaeusM on 13.06.2006 at 01:55

Fadin away, overhere I feel that it is bigger than ever! Never saw so much Evanescence, Within Temptation and Nightwish shirts..

I agree with the second part though, they are average. Musically I don't like them at all, because it is not my taste, but I can always appreciate some good musicianship. They don't show it.

FADING AWAY...................
I mean c'mon Gothic Metal is the most popular type of Metal in here (Syria and a lot of arab countries), and the popularity of bands like Evanescence, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil.....etc is growing day-by-day.......and you say Fading Away...........
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
24.06.2006 - 21:55
Bas
Retired Staff
elite

but I can always appreciate some good musicianship. They don't show it.

dude
i´ll send you something of their old stuff later... :
----
24.06.2006 - 21:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Bas on 24.06.2006 at 21:55

dude

I know you are much more into older stuff.

I must admit I haven't heard that. But come on, songs like 'My Immortal', 'Bring Me To Life' & 'Everybody's Fool' are goddamn average songs, if you ask me.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2006 - 22:23
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Lucas on 24.06.2006 at 21:59

But come on, songs like 'My Immortal', 'Bring Me To Life' & 'Everybody's Fool' are goddamn average songs, if you ask me.

their whole Fallen album is average if you ask me, and average for a rockband.
but to say that amy lee isnt an extremely talented singer would be a very bad lie, actually on their older stuff she is my favourite singer ever, but just wait till i send you something and then you can judge for yourself
----
24.06.2006 - 22:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Bas2. I'll take your word on that, then.

But well, the whole decline sucks, IMO. They might have been good, but if they are bad now.. (Do I hear a 'Metallica'?)
----

06.07.2006 - 02:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I like it alot. I only have Fallen, obviosuly. It's a great album, I like it alot. And the interesting thing is that this album was given to me by my grandmother (RIP)! And she liked it! Well, my grandmother liked KoRn, so it's no surprise she liked Evanescence.

Amy's voice is great, but musically, like bith Bas2 and Bervel have said, is quite average. But it's OK, i like it that way. I haven't got the chance to buy the DVD though, I'veheard is great. I'll order it after I buy someother stuff I have on my list. And the new album, well, let's hope that musically hasmore content than fallen, maybe more elaborated solos, that would be good.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
09.07.2006 - 01:20
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i like the fallen album. its not great, but good. leaves eyes and the first three theater of tragedy albums are the only female-vocals gothic whatever that i regularly listen to though.

it seems strange that evanescence are so unpopular but lacuna coil and company get so much support.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.07.2006 - 04:44
Kal_Rhael
Account deleted

dude

I must admit I haven't heard that. But come on, songs like 'My Immortal', 'Bring Me To Life' & 'Everybody's Fool' are goddamn average songs, if you ask me.
Wow you really think so? I have a friend who was moved to tears by my immortal, average songs don't do that but whatever.
10.07.2006 - 23:19
nick35
Account deleted
i dont understand why everyone bash's this band. they have a really unique singer. i just got into them recently so i havent heard very much
14.07.2006 - 21:42
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
well she is good without doubt, i even think of her as amazing as i have probably already mentioned, but she really isnt unique, as far as i know she just has a basic choir education and style, she is good, but not at all unique
----
22.07.2006 - 17:43
MorningStar
Account deleted
i really love this band!!!
Amy Lee has the most beautiful girl voice ever! the lyrics and the melodies are all great!
22.07.2006 - 18:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Guest on 09.07.2006 at 04:44

dude

Wow you really think so? I have a friend who was moved to tears by my immortal, average songs don't do that but whatever.

'And that phenomenon, dear children, is what we call differences in taste. You see kids, we cannot all like the same stuff and wear the same clothes and so on, how boring do you think this world would become?'

Nah seriously, I don't like it. Bas2 let me hear some old Evanescence, and I like the vocals from Amy Lee, but other than that it is just plain boring..
----

22.07.2006 - 19:19
Bash'
:)
for me...
i used to like Fallen ... all choruses are unbelievable, specially Tourniquet, My Last Breath, Taking Over Me, and the solo on Haunted is so much beautiful, and the song My Immortal is incridebly amazing...

but the thing that disturbs me with Evan. is their popularity... all ppl who don't know anything about metal knows those : 1. Metallica 2. Evanescense 3. Linkin Park
that makes a shame for real metalheads to listen for such bands especially in front of others..

also the heavy riffs their music lacking for...!! i don't blame them about that coz i know their stuff are toward the segmant that don't like so heavy stuff...

but still good romantic songs they have ...
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
24.07.2006 - 21:17
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I hate them, i really hate their music, some kind of gothic, metal pop. The girls and some boys love them, yes, but i really hate the thing that the nu metal want to use things from the true metal, is like nightwish or within temptation unite with avril lavigne...
24.07.2006 - 21:37
Achor
Account deleted
what i hate about evanescence is that they believe they play metal, but they're actually playing pop with some sort of "metal sound". why they play pop, u ask... well, it's because the structure of their songs are very similar to the structure of all pop songs, and the only thing that would make them a "metal band" is that they have black clothes and alot of make up...:P
24.07.2006 - 23:11
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Guest on 24.07.2006 at 21:37

what i hate about evanescence is that they believe they play metal, but they're actually playing pop with some sort of "metal sound". why they play pop, u ask... well, it's because the structure of their songs are very similar to the structure of all pop songs, and the only thing that would make them a "metal band" is that they have black clothes and alot of make up...:P

you sir, are a stereotypical narrow-minded idiot, the person who posted before you is aswell btw,
Evanescence dont believe they play metal, they play rock and the bandmembers themselves describe Evanescence as "dark rock" they never claimed to be metal
----
25.07.2006 - 12:34
MorningStar
Account deleted
I've never heard of Amy Lee saying she plays in a heavy metal band
25.07.2006 - 12:48
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Guest on 25.07.2006 at 12:34

I've never heard of Amy Lee saying she plays in a heavy metal band

and you cant have, because she never did
----
26.07.2006 - 05:49
Gathering Storm
Account deleted
I like this band, I like Amy's voice and I think they have great ideas...
02.08.2006 - 13:39
MorningStar
Account deleted
their new single is good, nothing special though
05.08.2006 - 12:55
Damnated
Churchburner
'Open doors' cover is available at Official site
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.08.2006 - 13:19
Daniel
Written by Bas on 24.07.2006 at 23:11

Written by Guest on 24.07.2006 at 21:37

you sir, are a stereotypical narrow-minded idiot, the person who posted before you is aswell btw,
Evanescence dont believe they play metal, they play rock and the bandmembers themselves describe Evanescence as "dark rock" they never claimed to be metal

That wasn't very nice,I thought you were a nice guy,you proved me wrong,you asked for people's opinion''s on this thread and got them,then you call someone with there own opinion an idiot? hmmmmm,I think you should try going outside some time Bas2.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
05.08.2006 - 14:10
wrathchild
staff
Well, Bas2 tried to say that Achor was wrong by saying things that are not true, and never have been true, so that's all about the guy's imagination.

But, I'm probably the only one to have said and will keep on saying that Evanescence is closer to some metal material than most bands metal fans love and are featured in most metal sites, including Metal Storm (did I say Anathema, The Gathering, Negative, etc.?), and the new excerpts we've heard from the new album are actually making me more confident about that.

The guitar work is not excellent but seems better and heavier than in the previous albums with a nice "lead" touch.
Also, a funny thing is that when they released the very first trailer of The Open Door, the classical intro was the same as Superior used on their (great) album "Ultima Ratio" (I don't know the name of the original peice of music).

And the artwork is good, far from Fallen and its ultra poppy cover (note that pop artworks tend to focus on just a photo of the singer, which is lame).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz