Metal Storm logo
Evanescence

Original post

Posted by Bas, 25.05.2006 - 22:11
Ok, so first of all i am aware of the fact that alot of people will come here and bash this band, if you do so i cant stop you, but i can ask you this, why do you hate this band? and most of all, how much have you actually heard by them?

so please people, no mindless bash posts, rather tell me what you dont like about them,

having said that, i wonder what their new cd will be like, i hope it'll be heaps better then fallen (which wont be very hard IMO)
i didnt really like fallen, i think it's not half as good as it could be, because i think Amy is an amazing vocalist, and i like their pre-fallen material very much,

please let me hear your opinions, what do you like better, fallen or their pre-fallen stuff?
15.08.2009 - 10:22
Lachy
Account deleted
They are one of my favorite bands! I think they should be on this site. Look they aren't the heaviest band around but common, Amy Lee sings about dark stuff the guitar sound is metal all the way so why the hell not! Both albums are great! I hear the third one is coming out later this year but that is still just a rumor!
17.08.2009 - 07:33
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Guest on 15.08.2009 at 10:22

Amy Lee sings about dark stuff

Hahahahaha! XD What?
17.08.2009 - 10:24
Lachy
Account deleted
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.08.2009 at 07:33

Hahahahaha! XD What?

Dude for one Lithium is a song about depression, and many of the other song are dark emotionaly (not satanic like dimmu borgur) lol
17.08.2009 - 12:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Seems you havent heard any seriously "dark stuff" yet... but to be honest, Evanscence and Amy Lee arent that bad
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.08.2009 - 22:40
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Guest on 17.08.2009 at 10:24

Hahahahaha! XD What?

Dude for one Lithium is a song about depression, and many of the other song are dark emotionaly (not satanic like dimmu borgur) lol

That's not what I meant. It just sounded like such a poorly thought-out, generic statement. It made me laugh, because it sounds like something a typical 15-year old Evanescence fan would say, to be honest.

"Their music is so dark... Like my hair, Nightmare Before Christmas Shirt, and my EMOTIONS!"
18.08.2009 - 00:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.08.2009 at 22:40

That's not what I meant. It just sounded like such a poorly thought-out, generic statement. It made me laugh, because it sounds like something a typical 15-year old Evanescence fan would say

That's so kawai I love how she is and all her songs are so beautiful and emotional wuaaaa!!! :3 <//3!!!!

Something in that vein, huh?
It's not like I want to be an asshole, but I totally laughed my ass off with the comment as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2009 - 03:00
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.08.2009 at 00:32

That's not what I meant. It just sounded like such a poorly thought-out, generic statement. It made me laugh, because it sounds like something a typical 15-year old Evanescence fan would say

That's so kawai I love how she is and all her songs are so beautiful and emotional wuaaaa!!! :3 <//3!!!!

Something in that vein, huh?
It's not like I want to be an asshole, but I totally laughed my ass off with the comment as well.

Yeah, I'm not trying to be a dick either... It's just the truth.
18.08.2009 - 06:29
DevilBabi
I love them - through and through. I think Amy is a talented lady. I got the oppourtunity to see them live when they were here in Aus.
F-ing amazing. Ok, they were still a little showy, but their a baby band. That will rub off after a few more tours.
Amy vocals -I dont think I've ever heard anythign like that - or ever would again. Seriously, the speaker system at the venue sounded like it was having trouble adjusting to her range lolz.

i am DYING for another album * prays *
18.08.2009 - 09:14
Lachy
Account deleted

Written by Guest on 17.08.2009 at 10:24

Hahahahaha! XD What?

That's not what I meant. It just sounded like such a poorly thought-out, generic statement. It made me laugh, because it sounds like something a typical 15-year old Evanescence fan would say, to be honest.

"Their music is so dark... Like my hair, Nightmare Before Christmas Shirt, and my EMOTIONS!"

Dude i am so not 15.........................im 17 LOL! there is so much difference man! well at least im getting laughs out of this thing!
Just my opinion man its not like anyone has to care or agree with what i say!
18.08.2009 - 09:36
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by DevilBabi on 18.08.2009 at 06:29

Amy vocals -I dont think I've ever heard anythign like that - or ever would again. Seriously, the speaker system at the venue sounded like it was having trouble adjusting to her range lolz.

O.o You really think that? Compared to who?
17.09.2009 - 08:07
DevilBabi
Quote:

Fuck yea i think that.
And no particular references, just in general !!
17.09.2009 - 10:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I agree she isnt bad vocalist at all
----

17.09.2009 - 10:56
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Quote:
Written by DevilBabi on 17.09.2009 at 08:07

Fuck yea i think that.
And no particular references, just in general !!

Thing is, I've seen them live (unfortunately... not a big fan) and while I was impressed by Amy Lee's vocals (That was about it, btw), I have heard better. :/ By no means am I saying she is bad either.

Judging by your favorite bands and album collection, I'd like to ask if you've heard much music besides popular/more mainstream-ish bands that have female vocalists.
17.09.2009 - 16:37
DevilBabi
I have heard a range of vocals.
in a range of genre's too.
Just dont really like any others!
17.09.2009 - 18:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Tarja Turunen, Floor Jansen, Sharon Del Adel...imo those girls are at least comparable
----

17.09.2009 - 22:56
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 17.09.2009 at 18:08

Tarja Turunen, Floor Jansen, Sharon Del Adel...imo those girls are at least comparable

Agreed. Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering) and Annlouice Loegdlund (Diablo Swing Orchestra) blow me away also. But when it comes to overall vocals between both sexes, Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation) takes the cake. Hands down.
25.09.2009 - 14:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.09.2009 at 22:56

Annlouice Loegdlund (Diablo Swing Orchestra) blow me away also.

The first time I heard Diablo Swing Orchestra... I thought that I was in heaven and a hot angel had some nice and soft sex with my ears. Damn... Wdding March For A Bullet, the way she sings the first lines are so damn hot.

I haven't heard that kind of sexy vocals since Liv Kristine and Beth Gibbsonm from Portishead.

Amy is good indeed.. But the 3 singers I put kick her ass any day of the week
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.09.2009 - 22:26
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.09.2009 at 14:13

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.09.2009 at 22:56

Annlouice Loegdlund (Diablo Swing Orchestra) blow me away also.

The first time I heard Diablo Swing Orchestra... I thought that I was in heaven and a hot angel had some nice and soft sex with my ears. Damn... Wdding March For A Bullet, the way she sings the first lines are so damn hot.

Not to burst your bubble, but you do know that she isn't the most attractive (to the eyes) singer ever right? Not that this matters, because the music is what really matters... I'm just letting you know.
25.09.2009 - 22:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.09.2009 at 22:26

Not to burst your bubble, but you do know that she isn't the most attractive (to the eyes) singer ever right? Not that this matters, because the music is what really matters... I'm just letting you know.

I know that Annlouice isn't really pretty, but who said I want to have sex with her?
I want to have sex with her voice, or even better... I want to have sex with a really hot chick while Annlouice is in the corner singing her vocals cords out.
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.09.2009 - 23:04
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.09.2009 at 22:59

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.09.2009 at 22:26

I know that Annlouice isn't really pretty, but who said I want to have sex with her?
I want to have sex with her voice, or even better... I want to have sex with a really hot chick while Annlouice is in the corner singing her vocals cords out.

I sorta know what you mean... but can't you just make sweet, passionate love to some DSO instead of having Annlouice actually be in the room... That just sounds creepy and kinda gross. XP
25.09.2009 - 23:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I was surprised hearing "Wake me up inside" and "My immortal" in Daredevil movie
----

26.09.2009 - 00:08
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 25.09.2009 at 23:28

I was surprised hearing "Wake me up inside" and "My immortal" in Daredevil movie

American mainstream rock songs in an awful, commercial, uninspired, American blockbuster adaption of a cool comic book character. Needless to say, that movie pissed me off with it's crappy-ness. In fact, all cash-in superhero films do. The only ones I like are the first two X-Men and the first (modern) Spiderman movie.
26.09.2009 - 00:21
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ellrohir on 25.09.2009 at 23:28

lol it's called Bring Me To Life Not that I care, just to be precise.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.09.2009 - 00:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Elio - i didnt remember it and was too lazy to search it...

2Fat & Sassy! - i like most of "American blockbuster adaption of a cool comic book character", but this was really bellow average...
----

26.09.2009 - 00:51
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2009 at 00:33

2Fat & Sassy!

Hahahah, you just reminded me the movie 'Fast & Furious' (Too fast, too furious) which leads us to... 2 Fat & 2 Sassy!

About Evanescence. I liked this band when they were completely new and yeah, along with within Temptation they were on my mtv and I loved it. But oh, I got bored. A SHOCKER! Some songs still are listenable. Episodically.
26.09.2009 - 01:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If nothing else, My Immortal and Lithium are good songs, imo
----

26.09.2009 - 01:40
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 26.09.2009 at 00:51

Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2009 at 00:33

2Fat & Sassy!

Hahahah, you just reminded me the movie 'Fast & Furious' (Too fast, too furious) which leads us to... 2 Fat & 2 Sassy!

:O I don't think the world is ready for that!
26.09.2009 - 13:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
World is ready for everything
----

05.11.2009 - 11:37
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Whats the deal with Amy Lee and Ben Moody?
First I hear they're best friends. Then later on, after Ben left the band, Amy (or Ben?) announces they were just faking it?

Then much later. I heard from this old friend of mine, she's a big Ev geek, saying that Ben had the 'hots' for her and wanted to marry her? Hence the reason why Ben was out of the band. And another addition, he proposed to her? She rejected him. And there's a song about Ben on 'The Last Song Im Wasting On You'.

Why do I even care to know? lmao. I just want to clear things up. I used to be a big ev geek myself but not so much than before. And I would like to know what the whole deal is.'

That is.. if anyone happens to know.

Anyway. I like the song that I mentioned. haha. And she is a talented singer. Just another one of those voices I want to steal.
10.11.2009 - 11:37
Slayer666
I really liked "The Fallen"... Not all songs though. The mentioned "Bring me To Life" or "Anything for You" are just crap, but the majority of the album is quite enjoyable. And I was hoping that "The Open Door" would continue their melanholic Goth sound, but instead we got a horendeous Power Metal wannabe piece of shit.