Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Begin Recording Sixth Studio Album

Norwegian prog metallers Leprous, who are currently on its debut tour of Latin America, have entered the studio couple of weeks ago to begin recording their sixth full length album, due out later in the year via Inside Out Music. Stay tuned for more details soon.

Leprous drummer Baard Kolstad commented: "We entered the studio to record the drums for half of the album last week with David Castillo at Ghostward/Fascination Street Studios, same studio as we recorded the two latest studio albums. As an over-autistic control freak I am when recording myself, this time around I had more time than ever to perfectionise and experiment with my sound almost without compromises, so a big thanks to Einar and David for their patience! We also recorded one song together, drums and bass, something neither Leprous or I have ever done before. Feeling very good to leave the drum recording for now, focusing on the last half of the album to be recorded in May. I'm so looking forward to hear the outcome just in a few days when the guitarists have put their touch. Will be a different Leprous album for sure, but still Leprous!"

Photos courtesy of the group's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 02.03.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 81 users
03.03.2019 - 04:43
Lanthros

Sweet
03.03.2019 - 05:08
Pablo

I couldn't care less about this band... They used to be great, but their last few albums have been too repetitive and boring... I'll pass...
04.03.2019 - 08:37
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Looking forward to the album later this year. Loved the album Malina when it came out and enjoy listening to it even now, from time to time.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
04.03.2019 - 18:57
Kais

Please don't be jazz, please don't be jazz...
05.03.2019 - 03:07
mikeprado30

Bring it now!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
05.03.2019 - 13:49
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Kais on 04.03.2019 at 18:57

Please be jazz, please be jazz
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
05.03.2019 - 18:57
JoHn Doe

Written by RaduP on 05.03.2019 at 13:49

Written by Kais on 04.03.2019 at 18:57

Please be jazz, please be jazz

that's exactly what I wanted to say
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
08.03.2019 - 04:50
Theodore V
Account deleted
Malina was such a disappointment so I won't keep my hopes up anymore... I'm not expecting another Coal or Bilateral but another Congregation would be a nice surprise!
04.04.2019 - 00:50
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Hope this will be more creative than Malina and at least have a little oomph....muted guitars and all songs mid-tempo killed Malina for me. Tried listening Malina after Bilateral and I couldnt believe it's the same band. Needs to be less Einar falsetto wankery and more creative and audible instrumentation.

Hits total: 2004 | This month: 3