Metal Storm logo
Songs You're Currently Learning To Play

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 25.05.2007 - 20:25
So what song[s] are you learning to play? Why do you choose that song to play? How easy/hard is it for you?

Im currently learning Crystal Mountain by Death. Its intermediate for me, I gotta keep up with speed and its helping my finger speed.
18.11.2013 - 22:23
Lonniehaskel

Kalmah - Tordah
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Keep of Kalessin - Crown of the Kings.

Sons of Northern Darkness is pretty easy to play once you know what the actual notes are (all the tabs are skewed or out-right wrong), so that's been my challenge.
07.12.2013 - 10:45
Sunioj

Written by Lonniehaskel on 18.11.2013 at 22:23

Kalmah - Tordah
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Keep of Kalessin - Crown of the Kings.

Sons of Northern Darkness is pretty easy to play once you know what the actual notes are (all the tabs are skewed or out-right wrong), so that's been my challenge.

Learn it by ear, it will take a lot of patience but it will vastly improve your ability to decipher songs.
13.12.2013 - 04:38
Lonniehaskel

Well i typically play by ear. I just can't get this song to sound right. =/
15.12.2013 - 16:36
Grey Wind

Currently I'm learning to play Lamb of God's album "New American Gospel" . It's kind of a dumb album - too many breakdowns -
But also fun, good intense workout to train my rhythm guitar playin'. It's challenging but not too hard.

Apart from that I'm working on more "smart" songs, stuff by gorguts and Death..
Though some Death songs are very fast alt. picking for long periods of time, too hard for me for now
----
wimps and posers leave the hall lol
15.12.2013 - 19:00
Wukk

Just learned my first full acoustic 4 chord song. I feel like I've betrayed metal.

Then again, it's Seventh Angel by Threshold, so that's fine.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
18.12.2013 - 12:56
Grey Wind

Written by Wukk on 15.12.2013 at 19:00

Just learned my first full acoustic 4 chord song. I feel like I've betrayed metal.

Then again, it's Seventh Angel by Threshold, so that's fine.

I think the important thing is that you can play the whole song, and not if it's metal \ technical .
I mean if you get the vibe of the song, can memorize it entirely, that's really cool no matter what
----
wimps and posers leave the hall lol