Metal Storm logo
Songs You're Currently Learning To Play

25.05.2007 - 20:25
Lord TJ
So what song[s] are you learning to play? Why do you choose that song to play? How easy/hard is it for you?

Im currently learning Crystal Mountain by Death. Its intermediate for me, I gotta keep up with speed and its helping my finger speed.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
26.05.2007 - 00:33
Pagan Revival
Account deleted
Well I play Acoustic guitar, and Tin whistle. on Acoustic guitar im learning 3 of my own songs, a couple of Death in June songs ( Of runes and men, The mourner's bench) and some Great Big Sea songs( Run Run Away, Sea Of know one care).

Tin whistle, im learning loads, to name a few .... boys of blue hill, and harvest home, and a couple of made up jigs.

All the guitar song im learning are pretty easy, Tin whistle on the other hand, the songs a pretty hard.
26.05.2007 - 11:04
Kaamos
Account deleted
Currently learning by ear Death's Trapped in a Corner. Catchy song, pretty easy riffs. Also trying to improve my note reading by learning this acoustic piece composed by Jim Kelly (some kind of a guitar professor in Berklee College of music).
26.05.2007 - 11:19
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 26.05.2007 at 11:04

Currently learning by ear Death's Trapped in a Corner. Catchy song, pretty easy riffs. Also trying to improve my note reading by learning this acoustic piece composed by Jim Kelly (some kind of a guitar professor in Berklee College of music).

Thats a great song to play! I know how to do it on bass, at first when I started to learn death it was hard...but the way the songs are structured you just need to practice the parts seperately and then you will master it really fast.

Right now Im learning Morbid Angels songs from albums like FFTTF, Gateways, Deicide, and Im going to start learning Watains music once I get my bass back from repairs.
26.05.2007 - 12:42
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Im also learning Death songs cusiouly. "Symbolic" is so fun to play. And im also working on "flesh and the power it holds"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.05.2007 - 01:47
Alex Smith
As I play four instruments, I learn to play different styles from Country (George Strait, Gordon Lightfoot, e.t.c.) to some kind of harder songs (Nickelback, Kid Rock, Bryan Adams, Alannah Myles, AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, House Of Lords, Iron Maiden, HammerFall, Meat Loaf, e.t.c., e.t.c.).
30.05.2007 - 16:42
Lord TJ
Death is a great band, the first song I learned to play by them was Scavenger of Human Sorrow. I dont have the full song down, then I learned Overactive Imagination. I think its safe to say Death's songs are good skill builders.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

31.05.2007 - 01:02
Sunioj
Written by Lord TJ on 30.05.2007 at 16:42

Death is a great band, the first song I learned to play by them was Scavenger of Human Sorrow. I dont have the full song down, then I learned Overactive Imagination. I think its safe to say Death's songs are good skill builders.

I second that, I play bass and even the stuff that steve digorgio would do in death is a skill builder, great suggestion to anyone wanting to take their playing a step further IMO.

Just finished learning how to play Watains dark salvation and puzzles of flesh, they are actually pretty easy to play , but the bass lines are very interesting in Watain, thats for sure.
01.06.2007 - 11:47
Hyvaarin
I learned Bon Jovi's "Bed of Roses" a few days ago. Playing along to it a second ago was one of the greatest guitar experiences of my life, I actually gave myself goosebumps. Beautiful song.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
01.06.2007 - 13:05
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
I am currently trying to learn the whole of machine Heads " Aesthetics of hate".
01.06.2007 - 14:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Currently Stranger in the Night by Gamma Ray, till the evening if I don't spend to much time here, I could get it nicely
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
01.06.2007 - 16:14
Nazeef
I'm working on "Blackened of Metallica, in the other hand, I'm working on "Against the Tide" of Immortal
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
01.06.2007 - 17:59
Lord TJ
I tried Great White Buffalo by Ted Nugent.......its a bit too advanced for me I guess.
----

03.06.2007 - 17:39
Remus
I'm trying to learn "Living Dead Beat" and "Silent Night Bodom Night" from CoB. The latter is faster but pretty straight forward, "Living Dead Beat" is slower but has some pretty tricky start-stop double bass going on. Hopefuly it'll improve my druming a bit!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
03.06.2007 - 22:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Remus on 03.06.2007 at 17:39

I'm trying to learn "Living Dead Beat" and "Silent Night Bodom Night" from CoB. The latter is faster but pretty straight forward, "Living Dead Beat" is slower but has some pretty tricky start-stop double bass going on. Hopefuly it'll improve my druming a bit!

lol good luck finding someone to play silent night bodom night with, cuz it's really hard on guitar and keyboards
03.06.2007 - 22:08
Remus
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2007 at 22:03

Written by Remus on 03.06.2007 at 17:39

lol good luck finding someone to play silent night bodom night with, cuz it's really hard on guitar and keyboards

Right you are, guy. I guess i'll have to play with those little guys, you know, the ones inside my head! 'Cause my other band members sure as hell can't play those songs. Hmm... i gotta find a real band
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
06.06.2007 - 18:43
Sunioj
I just learned Chaos fury and hollow retribution by vomitory. Pretty easy, I just have to review the song again, in case I missed a few notes because the bass is too strong on my friends sound system, way too overpowering to hear any riff.

Im going to move on to some emperor, I havent ever tried to play their old stuff like from anthems to the welkin at dusk. So Im excited to start.
06.06.2007 - 19:36
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Well I'm currently learning Petrucci's Glasgow Kiss and not actually succeeding
but its fun to play it and a SUPERB practice of speed and technique.
I advise all guitarists to give it a try.
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
19.06.2007 - 09:10
ASiema113
@Imp-Ice: Yea it is a pretty cool tune someone I recently met at my old highchool a month ago played the first half or so of it perfectly(only half b/c his time was limited) and I was actually thinking of learning it to but I thought I'd finish what I've satrted on D.C. first.

My list currently consists of
Emperor - Curse You All Men
Dying Fetus - Pissing In The Mainstream
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock Ya
Buckethead - Binge & Grab
Petrucci - Damage Control
Cacophony - Either Savage or The Ninja

And I've been getting into Flamenco for a couple months now and over the weekend I got to see how the pros get it done and managed to pick up a few new tricks.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
19.06.2007 - 10:36
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Bark At The Moon-Ozzy, Not all that hard to learn to play but great jam to

Simple Man-Lynyrd Skynyrd, I just started this one today and the picking is intermediate i'll see if I can tackle it again tomorrow
19.06.2007 - 16:16
Sunioj
I finished learning ye entraceperium by emperor and its not that the rythm is doing anything too complicated, its the structure of the song and the speed that the song is played that makes it alittle challenging. But the arppegios that appear after the verse are pretty loco.
20.06.2007 - 23:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i'd like to "got in hand" some songs by Freedom Call and Nightwish on my keyboard
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.06.2007 - 20:05
Sunioj
Just learned the goatchrist and agnus dei by belphegor on bass, its tricky since it follows the lead and also there is a good variety of changes in the songs...good for practicing though, really works on your left hand...
03.07.2007 - 03:42
Varegan
Hamranakara
I learned to play a classical piece called _the abyss_ yesterday. I dont dont play classical usually but I found it on one of sepultura albums and I loved it...
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
03.07.2007 - 05:15
NEWBARON
Account deleted
(On Guitar)
1. Binge and Grab-Buckethead
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name-Iron Maiden
3. Heroin Suicide-Lungbrush
4. Stripped, Raped and Stranggled-Cannibal Corpse
5. Womb With A View-Gwar

Props to Tumbarius
03.07.2007 - 07:09
ASiema113
Written by Guest on 03.07.2007 at 05:15

(On Guitar)
1. Binge and Grab-Buckethead
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name-Iron Maiden
3. Heroin Suicide-Lungbrush
4. Stripped, Raped and Stranggled-Cannibal Corpse
5. Womb With A View-Gwar

Props to Tumbarius

no prob man I'll try to stop being so lazy and get some work done with ya one of these days, welcome to MS family bud
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
03.07.2007 - 07:32
Account deleted
Norther - A Fallen Star

The rhythm is easy enough, but I suck at leads.
08.07.2007 - 19:30
Remus
I'm learning "The God That Failed" from Metallica. It's a super slow/easy song so you can really pound the crap out of the snare-drum and it's quite rewarding to play!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.07.2007 - 22:18
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Currently, I'm learning "The Thing That Never Was" by Office of Strategic Influence. A 17:20 timed progressive song, very hard. Sure it's "the song that never was" .
09.07.2007 - 07:41
Mouth For War by Pantera and Applied Human Defragmentation by Cattle Decapitation.
----
oderint dum metuant