05. Swords In The Wind
06. An American Trilogy
07. The March
08. Warriors Of The World United
09. Hand Of Doom
10. House Of Death
11. Fight Until We Die
12. Kill With Power [live] [Japanese bonus]

For a band that claims to be the truest ambassadors and embodiment of heavy metal, this is the greatest joke that I have ever come across. Other than "Fight Until We Die," which has some weak guitar soloing, this album is devoid of guitar solos and the riffing is pretty mediocre and nothing special. The sound is heavy just for the sake of it being called heavy metal, and the accompanying lyrics? If you thought death metal lyrics are bad, then these lyrics will make you want to smash your face with a hammer.

The songs actually sound like some combination of Christmas carols and church choir songs. "An American Trilogy," with its "Glory, glory hallelujah" chorus, sounds like something a church choir performs on a tired, lazy Sunday after the choir members spent the previous night drinking with their friends. "Warriors Of The World United" is kind of tolerable, but fails to inspire the so-called metal warriors to arms to fight the enemies of Manowar, who are nothing but themselves and their ball-less music. If you like church choirs and generic Christmas music, then this album is for you.

Given the recent charges against Karl Logan it is easy to see why the bastard is synonymous with insipid, vapid, and lifeless riffs and the cheesy, spiritless keyboard work on "Nessun Dorma." The bastard plays like his soul is dead and a man haunted by the images of the kids he has seen exploited. I consider time spent listening to this album wasted and this review a warning sign to all people who care about their time to skip this album.

Does it kick you in the teeth? Hell NO
Does it grab you by the balls? Hell NO
Does it force you to bang you head? Hell NO

Written by Maasai Mara | 16.03.2019

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Guest review by
Raiden
Rating:
Let me start by saying that I've never really liked Manowar. I've found their music quite repetitive, and they're cheesier than a marguerita pizza. But in recent years they've made a small handful of songs that are catchy to listen to as well as being as cheesy as a double stuffed crust pizza with...

Read more ››
published 07.02.2007 | Comments (28)

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 88 users
16.03.2019 - 16:31
Rating: 8
Mountain King
K i K o
I actually like this album and "Swords In The Wind" is a great song for example.
16.03.2019 - 17:52
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Dude, I missed your reviews!

You're writing on a highly emotional level only few people will ever be able to reach, let alone understand.
Yet, you never fail to emphasize the artists' true effort by introducing all of your reserves of empathy to ensure your readership is well aware of the mandatory necessity of respect and deference the band has proven to deserve.

Thank you.
(for the warning, although I already knew...)
----
signatures = SPAM
17.03.2019 - 01:55
nikarg

Just like the dude above, I enjoy your reviews and I hope you keep writing. This one is spot on.

And by the way, any Manowar album without Ross the Boss in it just sucks plain and simple. The only thing that varies is how much it sucks.
17.03.2019 - 12:10
IcePickLodger

Disagree. I don't think this is their best album but I still like it a lot. Hand Of Doom, House Of Death, Fight Until We Die or Warriors Of The World United are really good tunes!
17.03.2019 - 16:35
Rating: 7
WorpeX
Made of Metal
The album has its moments, especially towards the end, but its definitely not the best Manowar album. Call to Arms, Hand of Doom, House of Death and Fight Until We Die are great.
17.03.2019 - 17:47
Rating: 9
MeatWolf

The secret of listening to this album is: throw away all the 'operatic' trash, put in Dawn of Battle and I Believe from the same single.
19.03.2019 - 22:21
Maasai Mara

Written by Mountain King on 16.03.2019 at 16:31

I actually like this album and "Swords In The Wind" is a great song for example.

That song is the exact anti-thesis of what Metal should be and it coming from the truest metal crusaders is damn hilarious.
----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.
19.03.2019 - 22:27
Maasai Mara

Written by Starvynth on 16.03.2019 at 17:52

Dude, I missed your reviews!

You're writing on a highly emotional level only few people will ever be able to reach, let alone understand.
Yet, you never fail to emphasize the artists' true effort by introducing all of your reserves of empathy to ensure your readership is well aware of the mandatory necessity of respect and deference the band has proven to deserve.

Thank you.
(for the warning, although I already knew...)

----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.
19.03.2019 - 22:29
Maasai Mara

Written by nikarg on 17.03.2019 at 01:55

Just like the dude above, I enjoy your reviews and I hope you keep writing. This one is spot on.

And by the way, any Manowar album without Ross the Boss in it just sucks plain and simple. The only thing that varies is how much it sucks.

Personally Manowar is a band that i only rate their debut album and i find everything after the debut to be laughable, mediocre and the level of cheese progressively getting worse with each release.
----
19.03.2019 - 22:31
Maasai Mara

Written by IcePickLodger on 17.03.2019 at 12:10

Disagree. I don't think this is their best album but I still like it a lot. Hand Of Doom, House Of Death, Fight Until We Die or Warriors Of The World United are really good tunes!

only true metal warriors and those ready to die for metal and play it louder than hell can find it in themselves to enjoy the aforementioned songs.
----
20.03.2019 - 07:34
Theodore V
Account deleted
Written by IcePickLodger on 17.03.2019 at 12:10

My thoughts exactly. I don't what the reviewer is on about. He comes across all butt hurt
24.03.2019 - 12:30
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Maasai Mara on 19.03.2019 at 22:21

Written by Mountain King on 16.03.2019 at 16:31

That song is the exact anti-thesis of what Metal should be and it coming from the truest metal crusaders is damn hilarious.

I don't recall them saying that they play thrash or speed metal or that every song should be played at 180 bpm. That song is epic, has an epic theme and has a heavy build up. Anyway to each his own but a rating of 3.8 is funny.
03.08.2019 - 15:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
A music for children whi did not get xmass gifts
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2205 | This month: 15