Metal Storm logo
Your opinion on Smoking

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 26.05.2007 - 21:32
So, I was listening to a conversation about multi-million dollar corperations and stocks, when it suddenly dawned on me that I could open a thread about this.I notice that there are already a few smoke related threads on here, but there is no actual thread about the subject of smoking. This thread is basicly exactly what the title says, what is you oppinion about smoking? Be detailed, about things like smoking in public places, around children, age apropriate, whether or not you smoke, if it should even be allowed to continue legally.

As for my personal oppinion, I personally don't smoke, but I know lots of people that do. I have family that smokes, my parents smoke, I have friends that smoke, I witness people doing it every day, after school, in the park, at resteraunts, etc. The Way I see it, it is someones personal choice to smoke or not, and should be legal. However I choose not to smoke because in my oppinion choosing to do so is stupid, because you have to spend excess amounts of money on a habbit which is quite frankly useless, you can contract terminal illnesses, and it has a ridiculous amount of poisons in it. On the subject of poisons, I feel that th government should probably step in and remove all unnatural additives, and sell the tobaco as a pure product. I feel that it is quite frankly wrong to put addictive chemicals in a product to make it sell better. So I feel people would be a lot better off if that were a forced maneuver. On the subject of smoking around children, I don't think it's so bad really. I'm used to being around it and I don't smoke, so I don't see the big deal. I do have a problem with women smoking or being around smoke while pregnant though, because that damages and deforms fetuses, and I think to myself Fucking trash bitch when I see a pregnant woman smoking. Oddly enough my mother smoked when she was pregnant with me and I was lucky enough to come out only with Johndas. So this of course only further fuels my hatred for it.

So what about you guys?
28.03.2013 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rhiannon - I dont care about sting, my cloths I dont smoke, but when someone do it close to near I cant breath, but I dont wanna that it is banned at all
what next ban kissing in publuc places, ban wear shorts?
Europe is getting rediciluss and when its -35¤ oustide there is no way to smoke... no way
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.03.2013 - 13:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Guest on 28.03.2013 at 12:10

And if 90% of the popular bars are smoking

that just means there are not enough non-smokers to create demand for non-smoking bars...and if i am minority, i should adapt, not introduce my own rules...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.03.2013 - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In Swe are omly non smoking bars and I dont go because it is expenice
sek 80 beer, in booze store better beer is sek 20
I dont like to pay super much for drinks what sucks
I can sit at home, so .... but well in old days there was non smoking bar area,
I dont smoke, but I accept others if they want to smoke, please
----

apos;'
[image]
28.03.2013 - 14:21
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 28.03.2013 at 13:45

Written by Guest on 28.03.2013 at 12:10

And if 90% of the popular bars are smoking

that just means there are not enough non-smokers to create demand for non-smoking bars...and if i am minority, i should adapt, not introduce my own rules...

It's not necessarily mean you are a minority. I think the majority of people weren't smoking in those bars... Just a few people, I would say 50% the most, but they were enough to make a thick smoke everywhere. Anyway, it's not the world's end after the ban, they can still go outside to smoke. I don't think it should be banned everywhere, that would be stupid. I have no problem if they smoke outside, in an open space, just not inside.
28.03.2013 - 15:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And i have much bigger problem outside, when i am walking on the street - where i have to be - and someone in front of me smokes and the smoke goes right to my face...still i wont support any ban
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.03.2013 - 15:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Actually walking along the streets is unhealthier than inhaling the smoke of smokers in bars. All the exhaust generated by cars is far worse.

Btw I am a non-smoker and am totally against the banning of smoking in bars. There is not enough demand for non-smoking bars anyway. You saw that before the enforced ban. Non-smoking bars were almost always totally empty whereas smoking bars were packed.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.03.2013 - 16:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.03.2013 at 15:50

Actually walking along the streets is unhealthier than inhaling the smoke of smokers in bars. All the exhaust generated by cars is far worse.

Btw I am a non-smoker and am totally against the banning of smoking in bars. There is not enough demand for non-smoking bars anyway. You saw that before the enforced ban. Non-smoking bars were almost always totally empty whereas smoking bars were packed.

I am not smpker to, and I agree whit you complatyly
How many of your friends smoke? I have seen FB picks, seems some smokes
Do you let them smoke at your aparment?

In Swe I have 90% non smoker friends, back in my orgin coubnrry I had maybe 10% non smoker friends
----

apos;'
[image]
28.03.2013 - 17:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 28.03.2013 at 16:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.03.2013 at 15:50

I am not smpker to, and I agree whit you complatyly
How many of your friends smoke? I have seen FB picks, seems some smokes
Do you let them smoke at your aparment?

In Swe I have 90% non smoker friends, back in my orgin coubnrry I had maybe 10% non smoker friends

I don't know what percentage of my friends smoke, some do indeed. And when they are over I let them smoke in my apartment.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.03.2013 - 18:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.03.2013 at 17:57

I don't know what percentage of my friends smoke, some do indeed. And when they are over I let them smoke in my apartment.

I see
When I was 16 and I did smoke, when my father was at work(his shift was 24h ) I was smoking in kitchen, next day he never smell a smokes
But when my friends came to me watch football, they always went to maim hallway(those days it was alowed to do it) or balcony

Nowdays my orgin countrey gouremenbt suggest law that smoke in balconies will be forbidden

I am 100% aganst
----

apos;'
[image]
01.04.2013 - 02:36
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 28.03.2013 at 18:57

Nowdays my orgin countrey gouremenbt suggest law that smoke in balconies will be forbidden

I am 100% aganst

I know that there was something about cooking meat on balconies that is/will be banned (seems kinda right for safety reasons); haven't heard about smoking ban that much yet. That doesn't seem fair though probably it is safer in wooden houses... other than that it seems just as pointless as banning the usage of candles in house.
01.04.2013 - 03:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 01.04.2013 at 02:36

Written by Bad English on 28.03.2013 at 18:57

I am 100% aganst

I know that there was something about cooking meat on balconies that is/will be banned (seems kinda right for safety reasons); haven't heard about smoking ban that much yet. That doesn't seem fair though probably it is safer in wooden houses... other than that it seems just as pointless as banning the usage of candles in house.

idea is that smoke will make naobour get lung cancer if you will smoke in the balcony , not from fire but smell and cancer ...... or new policy to get incomes ppl will pay fines
----

apos;'
[image]
01.04.2013 - 04:33
Ragana
Rawrcat
By the same idea, can we ban children too? I mean, they MIGHT make us, others, deaf by screaming and breaking stuff, too. *serious face*

eh, I think it's rubbish. who's gonna check if there's somebody smoking on the balcony? sure there's police cars always patrolling around the town but surely they won't collect money from people who really do smoke, that's just too much of a job.
02.04.2013 - 08:58
slinx

I'm cool with smoking, but my real issue is with smokers.

1. Don't get cranky at work if we are busy and you can't take a smoke break, you don't have a fucking disease, so stop acting like an asshole.
2. Most of you stink, and if you smoke, you are cool with that stink, but I hate smelling like I just came out of a bar after hanging out with a bunch of smokers.
3. Most smokers take more breaks than everyone else, that's just not fucking cool. I can't suddenly take a beer or bong break now, can I? I hate having to cover somebody who takes a break every 15 minutes while I get almost no breaks at all.
4. You guys always steal my lighters.
5. You guys pollute everywhere you go. Pick up your butts and throw them in the trash.

On a further note, (I work at a restaurant in case there was confusion) I hate it when servers come back from a smoke break and come back reeking of nicotine. Nobody wants to smell that shit, so either wash your face and use mouthwash or don't smoke at all.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
02.04.2013 - 13:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 01.04.2013 at 04:33

By the same idea, can we ban children too? I mean, they MIGHT make us, others, deaf by screaming and breaking stuff, too. *serious face*

eh, I think it's rubbish. who's gonna check if there's somebody smoking on the balcony? sure there's police cars always patrolling around the town but surely they won't collect money from people who really do smoke, that's just too much of a job.

ACAB smokes thyemj selfs specely in Lv and are alcoholics.... you kow the deal
Yes its ebst ban all and well .....,
----

apos;'
[image]
03.04.2013 - 20:18
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 02.04.2013 at 13:31

what's ACAB? you meant the police? nope I don't.
03.04.2013 - 20:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 03.04.2013 at 20:18

Written by Bad English on 02.04.2013 at 13:31

what's ACAB? you meant the police? nope I don't.

acab means all cops are bastards
Hvant you heard stories in small towns how cops support elegel cigartets and alcohol deal .. in my town all done it, cops nabour did it and sold moonshine, ... 60% of my town cops get cut, cheeper and 96% cover it up
----

apos;'
[image]
08.04.2013 - 02:47
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 03.04.2013 at 20:28

Hvant you heard stories in small towns how cops support elegel cigartets and alcohol deal .. in my town all done it, cops nabour did it and sold moonshine, ... 60% of my town cops get cut, cheeper and 96% cover it up

nope. but then again, my town isn't exactly small (for Latvian standards) nor I live in Eastern Latvia where the police/security business is indeed questionable at times.
08.04.2013 - 02:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 08.04.2013 at 02:47

Written by Bad English on 03.04.2013 at 20:28

nope. but then again, my town isn't exactly small (for Latvian standards) nor I live in Eastern Latvia where the police/security business is indeed questionable at times.

well still it happen there maybe not cover up anymore but still smaller actions
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2018 - 14:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why people say that you need smoke in , beat in cigarette smoke? I never do it, I raery smoke cigs, only good cigars, I never breat in smoke, same goes for cigarillo. Yes it goes in but not so much as if you smoke it in, breath it in! Why people do it? I never do it.
----

apos;'
[image]
09.12.2021 - 09:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59589775

Well since its cigarettes', but then next cigars, pipe, next step is alcohol. Then metal and then we are in Taleban rule. I say not ban, but make youngsters dont buy ciggs. We are to road to legalize some drugs , now this. I am totally against banning, I think it violates people law. NZ black market cigs will rise there, if it happens in EU Russian cigarettes' will be equal as gold. Black market and smuggling will be storing, so I dont want that it happens. We have rights to chose, to smoke.
----

apos;'
[image]
09.12.2021 - 22:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 09.12.2021 at 09:11

New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59589775

Well since its cigarettes', but then next cigars, pipe, next step is alcohol. Then metal and then we are in Taleban rule. I say not ban, but make youngsters dont buy ciggs. We are to road to legalize some drugs , now this. I am totally against banning, I think it violates people law. NZ black market cigs will rise there, if it happens in EU Russian cigarettes' will be equal as gold. Black market and smuggling will be storing, so I dont want that it happens. We have rights to chose, to smoke.

Let's ban heavy drugs because I think it's bad for you
Let's ban light drugs because I think it's bad for you
Let's prohibit abortion because I think it's bad for you
Let's prohibit guns because I think it's bad for you

Sheesh, government should stick to handling money and then we wouldn't have the drama. I wish the neolibs ran everything
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.12.2021 - 23:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Karla, well it's my choice to smoke, but I NZ is far away, I think Norway had plans, but it went somewhere. In Europe we smuggle Russia ciggaretes and sell in black market. Sweden sek 70 costs package. If you can buy Russian hmmm 45. It costs in Russian maybe 10 lrones, so smuggling pays....
----

apos;'
[image]