Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Release Second Single From Upcoming Album

Eluveitie are going to release their new studio album Ategnatos on April 5th, 2019 via Nuclear Blast. Now, the band proudly present a brand new single "Ambiramus". The song can be heard and watched in the form of a music video through YouTube down udner. The music video was produced by the Polish company Grupa13.

Mainman Chrigel Glanzmann states: "Here you go - the next single off our upcoming album: "Ambiramus"! It's definitely one of the most exceptional songs from our discography. "Ambiramus" comes in quite groovy and with a light-hearted, yet racing folk reel in the chorus and a very accessible overall appearance; easily the brightest song we've ever written. Yet at the same time it goes to where the actual magic of traditional Celtic folk music exists: a place where cheerfulness and melancholy, hardship and hope, glee and deep mysticism meet to become one! And this deep, wistful yet hopefull mysticism is also found in the song's lyrics, which will take you to the very core of the Celtic mythology the album contemplates. "Ambiramus"(gaulish for "Voyage") is based on a late Celtic literary tradition - the so-called Immrama tales. "Ambiramus" is the last song we wrote for the album and it's probably the result of and a testimony to the very inspiring and creative atmosphere, in which we created Ategnatos. The song basically 'fell into place' after Alain finished the drum tracking, and it was written and arranged in just a few hours. We hope you enjoy it!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 17.03.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 106 users
17.03.2019 - 15:59
RoyBoy432
Dr. Quark
I don't like this one as much as the first song they showed off.
17.03.2019 - 16:22
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Nice song! Gotta say, I'm really liking the new singer.
18.03.2019 - 09:43
EricAxel36

Not enough substance here IMO
18.03.2019 - 10:48
Fabiano

I enjoyed the song so far. Being very light sounding I believe that I won't give it a lot of spins, because I enjoy heavy Eluveitie's songs more (i don't really like songs like "Call of the Mountains" or " A Rose for Epona").

I have seen many people not liking the single, tagging it as "pop crap" and bashing the band of going WT/Amaranthe direction. I strongly believe that it is a wrong statement.
I personally think that this song is very poppy too, but they managed to write a very good one! (even though I hate the pre-chorus)
They also clarified that it is the only one "poppy" on the album (which is a good way to attract new people to the band btw) so I have no fear of being let down.

Hits total: 2021 | This month: 8