Metal Storm logo
Machine Head - Announce 'Burn My Eyes' 25th Anniversary Tour

Machine Head are excited to announce the first leg of their 25th anniversary tour for the band's classic debut, Burn My Eyes. The dates kick off in Germany on October 5th in Freiburg, and continue across Europe and the UK, wrapping in Dublin, Ireland on the 8th of November. The US leg will be announced in due course; those dates are set for November into December as the tour makes its way around the globe.

Building on their wildly popular 'An Evening With?' format, these not-to-be-missed shows will be a three-hour musical extravaganza, comprised of two parts:

Part I - will feature a battery of Machine Head's modern classics, such as "Imperium", "Halo", and, "The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears", featuring frontman/guitarist Robb Flynn and bassist Jared MacEachern performing alongside two, soon-to-be-announced ragers on guitar and drums.

Part II - will feature the Bay Area band's classic debut album, Burn My Eyes played in its entirety for the first time ever. And if somehow this historical event could not be monumental enough, taking the stage for this part of the set will be Burn My Eyes-era alumni and Machine Head's original drummer Chris Kontos and original guitarist Logan Mader.

Statement from Robb Flynn: "Having started rehearsals with Chris and Logan several weeks ago, I'm literally giddy with excitement at the prospect of how much fun this is going to be. Both Logan and Chris are in phenomenal playing shape, the vibe between all four of us has been incredibly positive!"

Flynn continues, "Having run through deep cuts like "Death Church", and "I'm Your God Now" for the first time in well over a decade, has reminded me of how fucking heavy our older songs are! This tour is going to be massive! The timing couldn't have been more perfect to share this milestone with the Head Cases! So just a head's up, DO NOT sleep on this! Tell your friends, spread the word, because tickets are going to disappear!"

Guitarist Logan Mader adds, "It's a huge honor for me to take part in celebrating 'Burn My Eyes' 25th birthday! It's hard to believe this is actually happening. I feel like I won the guitar player lottery.... again! The fact that BME is still relevant today has a lot to do with the fact that Robb has kept the band alive and strong for two and a half decades. I'm very grateful for this!"

Drummer Chris Kontos states: "This is an absolute mind blower! Playing these songs again after 23 years feels just amazing. The fact that it's 25 years later and the BME record is still relevant and revered is humbling to say the least. Doing a huge world tour in celebration of the record is a great way to acknowledge the legacy of Machine Head's past and future. I'm so looking forward to sharing these songs with the Machine Head fans around the world. Can't wait to meet all you 'Head Cases' out there. You can be sure it is going to be a crushing night! See ya soon!"

Source: machinehead1.com
Band profile: Machine Head
Event: Machine Head: Burn My Eyes 25th Anniversary Euro Tour 2019 - Part I
Posted: 26.03.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 126 users
26.03.2019 - 10:53
s_t_s

Wow ! Even today "Burn My Eyes" is the best first album ever in my eyes ! Too bad the band went lower with every new release... I would attend a gig if they ONLY played "Burn My Eyes" but I'm not interested at all in other songs. I once saw them live and modern songs were such a disappointment that we left before the end.
26.03.2019 - 11:07
baldur

Nice they re coming to my city
26.03.2019 - 11:23
MyNameJeff

I had to think long and hard, but my official, diplomatic response to this latest cash-grab is:
"Yeayeayea burn my asss"
26.03.2019 - 12:08
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by MyNameJeff on 26.03.2019 at 11:23

I had to think long and hard, but my official, diplomatic response to this latest cash-grab is:
"Yeayeayea burn my asss"

Cash grab? A band going on tour is a cash grab? Newsflash for you: every single live gig in the world is a cash grab, because that's what live gigs are for: earning money.
26.03.2019 - 12:12
MyNameJeff

Written by Daniell on 26.03.2019 at 12:08

Written by MyNameJeff on 26.03.2019 at 11:23

"Yeayeayea burn my asss"

Cash grab? A band going on tour is a cash grab? Newsflash for you: every single live gig in the world is a cash grab, because that's what live gigs are for: earning money.

Newsflash for you: this band is a total trainwreck lately. Context matters. And you can shove your condescending tone.
26.03.2019 - 12:26
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Feeling old now, thinking that a quarter of a century has now passed since this album came out.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
26.03.2019 - 13:26
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by MyNameJeff on 26.03.2019 at 12:12

Newsflash for you: this band is a total trainwreck lately. Context matters. And you can shove your condescending tone.

So if they release a weak album they are not allowed to celebrate an anniversary of a great album?
"Catharsis" was terrible, but it doesn't mean that Machine Head can't tour. That would be preposterous.
They are coming to my country too, so if time allows, I'll be attending that gig.
26.03.2019 - 13:37
JoHn Doe

Bands have done anniversary tours for quite a while, I don't get it why some people get upset.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
26.03.2019 - 15:33
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by JoHn Doe on 26.03.2019 at 13:37

Bands have done anniversary tours for quite a while, I don't get it why some people get upset.

I love such tours. That's what Iron Maiden does every once in a while. Maiden Endland 2013 was amazing, and that's just one example.
26.03.2019 - 19:17
Novas

I'll pick Machine Head over Pantera any time of the week. Especially with this superb debut.. Waiting for America to get smashed with it....
27.03.2019 - 06:00
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
No kiss and make up with Duce for these shows?
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
27.03.2019 - 15:07
Bulletpr00fMonk

Nice to see Kontos back. His drumming on BME is brilliant.
27.03.2019 - 22:38
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I quite enjoyed The Blackening too, even if that's a slightly unpopular opinion round these here parts, but yeah, Burn My Eyes is without question their best. I always wonder what would've happened if Machine Head had just stuck to that sound, albeit with some variations here and there. Maybe they'd have ended up being hailed as "the band that saved 90s metal" the same way Pantera often are.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
08.10.2019 - 12:10
baldur

It was a good show last saturday. They opened with imerpium, my favorite song.

Hits total: 2134 | This month: 4