Metal Storm logo
Meditation

Original post

Posted by , 28.05.2007 - 06:22
I was just wondering if anyone else here practices meditation?
what aspects of your life has it help you to improve upon yourself?

I have started to practice it everyday for the last few weeks, with good results, improved consentration, eased levels of stress, and better moods, as well as being more creative in work and in general everyday activities, new ideas as well just seem to flow as well.
anyway i was just wondering if anyone else has tried meditation, and how it has affected you?
14.06.2007 - 22:48
Alf~rad

Written by Arian Totalis on 14.06.2007 at 08:16

Written by Alf~rad on 14.06.2007 at 06:16

Written by Arian Totalis on 14.06.2007 at 05:20

Written by Alf~rad on 14.06.2007 at 04:01

so many peolple said that meditation help his or her espiritual life but really they dont see the really meaning of meditation and it is beyond a tought , so what are your purpouse for meditation (culture, curiosity, etc.), and what have you find or what do you like to find in a meditation discipline, (because meditation it is not a hobbie)

so please tell me, everyone please = )

Well, what you say is not completely a truth. You see, there are an endless amount of different kinds of meditation, and some are beyond thought, others however, are thought concentrated, and regaurdless all the meditations I do are for the sake of spiritual growth.

What do I find beneficial to meditating? A calmed mind, wisdom, and spiritual growth.

What do you find benificial in meditation?

Of course there are different kinds of meditation,.. sorry if you dont understand me Im not that good in english class jaja
so if there are differente kinds of meditation, what kind of meditation did you practice.?

well benefical things about meditation, discipline, complete control of your own body, contemplatino about everything that involves Life, learn to love Me and the Humanity, and that englobes everything learn to love and know yourself... Im not saying that I reach everything, of course not thats why my parethns tech me, and right now is youst helping me out to live better my life .
nice topic

is good to write this please I dont know to much, so please if someone knows any media to know more, please write. =)
and thank you for your comment
-Daniel

Well, I practice mainly things that help me expand upon improvement of self, as well as spiritual growth. I work alot with spiritual energy known as Chi or Qi (I use the latter term) I open chakras, help charge myself with spirit energy, etc. I also try to seek spirit guides, but thus far (and I have been trying for years) I can not find them. Maby one day

If you want more Info I have plenty of links in previous posts.

ah so you have been busy jaja nice nice
you dont tell me what kind of meditation do you practice, so you have opened chakras.? great.! how many.?!
so you can use your energy like everyone else, what do you do whit that energy.? =)

this is youst information, you have never practice meditation for life isnt.? . is great to know, and is great to see what not anyone see, but when you really start to do real meditation like Zen or any kind of discipline with a teacher, the first thing you have to do is to forgot everything you have learn about it. .the real spiritual life is doing things right in every second in your life, not by knowledge, but we have to start in something

I hope you fin your spirit guide and let me know if you find it
-Daniel
----
15.06.2007 - 00:18
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Oh, Meditation... what a wonderful thing!
Well, I don't practise meditation by myself, I mean, I do meditation before starting my Aikido practise and at the end too, but not at home, and the feeling is just awesome, because in these moments, mind is calmed, you feel a lot of things that usually you don't feel because of the mind and daily life... I do this meditation for around 1 minute, but I should try to do it longer at home.

The technique of the flame mentioned above is great, I've done it once or twice and the results are excellent, although it's difficult for me, it does help and improve your attention for some time.
Ahh, meditation... it helps for everything, imo, that's the beginning of a high spirituality.

@Icewings: My dear friend, great posts, we could talk about this issue hours and hours...
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
15.06.2007 - 22:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Alf~rad on 14.06.2007 at 22:48

Written by Arian Totalis on 14.06.2007 at 08:16

Written by Alf~rad on 14.06.2007 at 06:16

Written by Arian Totalis on 14.06.2007 at 05:20

Written by Alf~rad on 14.06.2007 at 04:01

so many peolple said that meditation help his or her espiritual life but really they dont see the really meaning of meditation and it is beyond a tought , so what are your purpouse for meditation (culture, curiosity, etc.), and what have you find or what do you like to find in a meditation discipline, (because meditation it is not a hobbie)

so please tell me, everyone please = )

Well, what you say is not completely a truth. You see, there are an endless amount of different kinds of meditation, and some are beyond thought, others however, are thought concentrated, and regaurdless all the meditations I do are for the sake of spiritual growth.

What do I find beneficial to meditating? A calmed mind, wisdom, and spiritual growth.

What do you find benificial in meditation?

Of course there are different kinds of meditation,.. sorry if you dont understand me Im not that good in english class jaja
so if there are differente kinds of meditation, what kind of meditation did you practice.?

well benefical things about meditation, discipline, complete control of your own body, contemplatino about everything that involves Life, learn to love Me and the Humanity, and that englobes everything learn to love and know yourself... Im not saying that I reach everything, of course not thats why my parethns tech me, and right now is youst helping me out to live better my life .
nice topic

is good to write this please I dont know to much, so please if someone knows any media to know more, please write. =)
and thank you for your comment
-Daniel

Well, I practice mainly things that help me expand upon improvement of self, as well as spiritual growth. I work alot with spiritual energy known as Chi or Qi (I use the latter term) I open chakras, help charge myself with spirit energy, etc. I also try to seek spirit guides, but thus far (and I have been trying for years) I can not find them. Maby one day

If you want more Info I have plenty of links in previous posts.

ah so you have been busy jaja nice nice
you dont tell me what kind of meditation do you practice, so you have opened chakras.? great.! how many.?!
so you can use your energy like everyone else, what do you do whit that energy.? =)

this is youst information, you have never practice meditation for life isnt.? . is great to know, and is great to see what not anyone see, but when you really start to do real meditation like Zen or any kind of discipline with a teacher, the first thing you have to do is to forgot everything you have learn about it. .the real spiritual life is doing things right in every second in your life, not by knowledge, but we have to start in something

I hope you fin your spirit guide and let me know if you find it
-Daniel

Well, Umm......I do visualization meditiation, and I use the enrgy to help charge myself and make my spirit more healty. I normally open six Chakras, the main ones starting from the small of my back all the way up to the top of my head.

And yes, you are right, life is a big meditation, you should always be aware, meditating, calculating, etc.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.07.2007 - 04:51
Cassandra
Account deleted
I have tried meditation, but its diffcult for me if its not in a class, or something of that nature, i find it really impossible to quiet my mind. heh
04.09.2007 - 03:06
Ellie
Account deleted
I meditate everyday for about an hour for a year or so. I think I've changed a lot from it for the better. My eating habits have changed a lot from it. I have much more self control and stuff.
04.09.2007 - 04:46
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I always feel so at one with Mother Gaia each time I do it !
04.09.2007 - 09:27
Ellie
Account deleted
http://www.lime.com/files/meditation_room/forest_loader.html

I found this..thought some of you might like it
30.12.2007 - 02:00
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.09.2007 at 09:27

Thank you, Ellie. Very relaxing!
30.12.2007 - 06:46
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.12.2007 at 02:00

Written by Guest on 04.09.2007 at 09:27

Thank you, Ellie. Very relaxing!

Oh no problem! Glad someone used it!
01.01.2008 - 21:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I haven't done it for over a month! That's not good, that has the potential for my own personal wisdom to deteriorate
01.01.2008 - 22:21
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I think if I tried to meditate I would get so pissed of that I would go crazy in the end lol
Its always slike that when you try hard to do something...
----
02.01.2008 - 19:22
TDFX

I haven't meditated for a long time and I'm really having trouble with not being able NOT to think of the most random things when I try. Eh gonna practice on that...
----
Last.fm
27.08.2008 - 17:29
ylside

I'm just a beginner in meditation.

One time I provoked a weird sensation between the eyebrows, above the nose. Like a circle that... helps. Anyone knows what is it ?

I also noticed once I could stop breathing for an extended amount of time.. without taking a deep breath before. How come ?
30.08.2008 - 20:39
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i take medication for my add and adhd and even though it does help me stay focus it also drains me of emotions and that feels terrible i almost feel like a zombie because im that drained. i stopped taking it after a while
03.07.2022 - 00:57
Joppe
Steelemeister
I have been doing it for almost a decade. It is hard to say about all the results after so long since starting it, when you can't remember the starting situation too well anymore. I think probably the most notable change is the breathing when you pay attention to it and keep it deeper and slower. And also posture when you meditate and put your attention to it you can align your body properly whenever you slump or whatever. Of course there are other benefits like how you pay more attention to things, better concentration for reading and other things, no anxiety or worries etc.
----
My vision is augmented