59 users:
Band: Manowar
Album: The Final Battle I
Release date: March 2019

01. March Of The Heroes Into Valhalla
02. Blood And Steel
03. Sword Of The Highlands
04. You Shall Die Before I Die

Wimps and posers leave the hall! And please don't talk about Karl Logan.

Arise Manowarriors, for we shall follow our beloved Manowar once more into their final battle! I mean, the first part of their final battle. The Final Battle I! We shall have this final battle two more times then! As esteemed warrior Joey DeMaio said about it: "The sheer power of these four songs is mind-blowing! We simply couldn't release more songs at one time; it's just too much! We want to give our fans the chance to take in every note, every word. Gain more strength from this experience and then be ready for the battles they fight every day. And join us on the road, on The Final Battle!" ...and never were truer words spoken!

This is once more proving why Manowar are just the best and wimps and posers cannot dethrone them from their throne of metal! What kind of a poser would get tired of hearing about blood, steel, honor and killing? Why would these mighty warriors change their leather-wearing and poser-crushing ways just due to old age and less than warm critical reception for the past 20-something years? The artwork clearly shows that they're still in mighty anime power! It even has titties, so be grateful to the gods of metal!

Manowar never disappoint and all of the songs are instant classics, and they're as good as they ever have been on classic albums like Battle Hymns MMXI and Kings Of Metal MMXIV! They sound exactly like songs before them, which is a good thing because you cannot change glorious perfection! Except they did! Our indomitable herculean Joey DeMaio finally took it upon himself to vigorously deliver his first Manowar song to feature his lead vocals with absolutely no production mambo-jumbo to not sound awful! What a glorious victory in their final hour! Time for two more final hours!

Yeah, it sucks.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 10
Originality: 10
Production: 10

Written on 01.04.2019 by Doesn't matter that much to me if you agree with me, as long as you checked the album out.

Staff review by
Belegûr
Rating:
The eternal quest for money continues for Joey DeMaio as Manowar stretch their farewell across three releases. I would not hold him to his word as Gods of War was supposed to be the first of a collection of albums featuring various Gods of War. I can only assume the songs would have been the same with some names changed and some new artwork. Nevertheless, this is the first new material from Manowar since 2014's The Lord of Steel and it was truly not worth the wait (if anyone was waiting) despite there being some moments that make it a little better than that travesty.

Read more ››
published 13.11.2019 | Comments (6)

Comments

Comments: 27   Visited by: 490 users
01.04.2019 - 16:54
nikarg

01.04.2019 - 16:56
Rating: 3
JoHn Doe

Other bands play, Manowar not so much!
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
01.04.2019 - 17:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Los aprilos das first something?

why dont write album, but EP's ? ehh
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2019 - 17:05
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Bad English on 01.04.2019 at 17:00

TOO POWERFUL!

either that, laziness or cash-grabbing
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
01.04.2019 - 17:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RaduP on 01.04.2019 at 17:05

Written by Bad English on 01.04.2019 at 17:00

TOO POWERFUL!

either that, laziness or cash-grabbing

Chicks grabbing? I dont think 3 eps will give more cash as album. maybe more spermotzids will grow in a sac , but no more cash.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2019 - 17:09
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by nikarg on 01.04.2019 at 17:08

As if this EP wasn't enough, Joey decided to shock us some more.

That's it! Joey is now my favorite anime character.
----
01.04.2019 - 17:55
JoHn Doe

Written by nikarg on 01.04.2019 at 16:54

I guess the drummer realised how ridiculous the whole thing was and kept his pants on...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
01.04.2019 - 18:54
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by JoHn Doe on 01.04.2019 at 17:55

I guess the drummer realised how ridiculous the whole thing was and kept his pants on...

I've been told he was just trying to hide his cellulitis.
----
signatures = SPAM
01.04.2019 - 19:11
JoHn Doe

Written by Starvynth on 01.04.2019 at 18:54

nah, he looks like "I'm not with these guys"...
----
01.04.2019 - 19:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

I just wanted to quote the picture again.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.04.2019 - 19:25
avangerx

You have every right not to like Manowar. It could be their image, outfits, true metal statements but you got to accept the fact that they created a whole new genre in Heavy Metal. Their first 6 albums were special and full of great songs. After the departure of Ross the Boss (he got fired by Mr. De Maio) the quality of songs kept getting worse and worse. With the album "Warriors of the World" I thought they could go back to their Mighty Days as it was not a bad album and had real potential however every new studio album came after that one sucks! As a hardcore old Manowar fan, I don't like the new albums or their new sound. Joey DeMaio is now the only composer and he writes all the music, produces the albums, does the mixing pretty much of everything from the scratch to the production! He can't deliver good old songs. They all sound like same, dull, not exciting or can't give you chills! Congrats to Mr. DeMaio he finally reached a whole new level by doing the lead vocals on the song "You Shall Die Before I Die". He truly became "The Manowar". If I was Eric I would have been very concerned as he could get canned just like Ross, Scott, Rhino, David and all other great talented musicians! Well my score for the EP is 2/10 just because it has Manowar logo and Ken Kelly drawing on the cover...
----
ONCE A ROCKER ALWAYS A ROCKER...
01.04.2019 - 19:28
avangerx

They had chest hair back in those days
----
ONCE A ROCKER ALWAYS A ROCKER...
01.04.2019 - 19:37
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by avangerx on 01.04.2019 at 19:25

You have every right not to like Manowar. It could be their image, outfits, true metal statements but you got to accept the fact that they created a whole new genre in Heavy Metal. Their first 6 albums were special and full of great songs. After the departure of Ross the Boss (he got fired by Mr. De Maio) the quality of songs kept getting worse and worse. With the album "Warriors of the World" I thought they could go back to their Mighty Days as it was not a bad album and had real potential however every new studio album came after that one sucks! As a hardcore old Manowar fan, I don't like the new albums or their new sound. Joey DeMaio is now the only composer and he writes all the music, produces the albums, does the mixing pretty much of everything from the scratch to the production! He can't deliver good old songs. They all sound like same, dull, not exciting or can't give you chills! Congrats to Mr. DeMaio he finally reached a whole new level by doing the lead vocals on the song "You Shall Die Before I Die". He truly became "The Manowar". If I was Eric I would have been very concerned as he could get canned just like Ross, Scott, Rhino, David and all other great talented musicians! Well my score for the EP is 2/10 just because it has Manowar logo and Ken Kelly drawing on the cover...

I honestly really like their 80s records, no matter how cheesy they are. And I can enjoy a few songs from the 90s and Warriors Of The World, but everything since has been ugh...
----
01.04.2019 - 20:06
bblitz

Metal Storm Staff you are so painfully boring with April Fools Day every year.
Give us a break and think back to your holes listening
to funeral doom with the elements of hypsterism.
P:S.
I don't like Manowar.
01.04.2019 - 20:12
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by bblitz on 01.04.2019 at 20:06

I don't like Manowar.

I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesn't even matteeeer
----
02.04.2019 - 01:10
MetalManic

I envy you. I wish I had the drive to write a real review.
02.04.2019 - 03:02
nikarg

Written by bblitz on 01.04.2019 at 20:06

I don't like Manowar.

Out of the ten reviews currently featured in the front page (and excluding Manowar), we have The Sabbathian (doom), Devin Townsend (prog), Haunt (heavy), Traveler (heavy), Sinmara (black), Crowhurst (avantgarde black), Ataraxie (funeral doom), Dolpo (drone doom), and Downfall Of Gaia (post-).

It seems to me our holes are pretty broad and not funeral doom-restrictive.

P.S.1 I fucking love Manowar.
P.S.2 The only hipster among us is Radu. And he's a badass certified hipster.
02.04.2019 - 10:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Starvynth on 01.04.2019 at 18:54

Or maybe anal itching?
02.04.2019 - 11:33
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by nikarg on 02.04.2019 at 03:02

P.S.2 The only hipster among us is Radu. And he's a badass certified hipster.

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT
----
02.04.2019 - 11:34
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by nikarg on 02.04.2019 at 03:02

The Sabbathian (doom)

You're also goddamn right
----
03.04.2019 - 09:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nevertheless I like "Sword Of The Highlands"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.04.2019 - 07:36
Lord Slothrop

Q: Conan! What is best in life?
A: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you. And listening to the new (too) powerful EP by Manowar. Crom loves him some Joey DeMaio vocals.
23.07.2019 - 04:11
kingeryck

I saw Manowar once live. I walked out. We went to see Nightwish who was opening for them and it was just too much, there were so many solos and they were so long. I swear each member got a 10 minute solo. We went back to the lobby to get a break and just.. decided we didn't want to go back in so we left. If it wasn't for the solos I guess it wouldn't have been bad.
12.08.2019 - 13:04
nikarg

I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing

28.05.2021 - 20:05
Mehrad

damn their sweaty
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
29.05.2021 - 09:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Mehrad on 28.05.2021 at 20:05

[img]

damn their sweaty

It's that oil the Middle East been fucked up.
29.05.2021 - 09:24
Mehrad

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.05.2021 at 09:22

Written by Mehrad on 28.05.2021 at 20:05

[img]

damn their sweaty

It's that oil the Middle East been fucked up.

probably
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.

Hits total: 11867 | This month: 18