05. Fight The Fire
06. Eye Of An Eagle
07. Bleed For Me
08. Nuclear Fire
09. Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove
10. Red Rain
11. Fire On The Horizon
12. Living For Metal

The new Power Metal generation is here. This new kind of Power Metal doesn't use so much melodies as the classical Power Metal made by bands like Rhapsody or Stratovarius, it use more powerful guitars and it's, in general, faster and more powerful. This new kind of Power Metal is which we'll hear in bands like Iron Savior, Hibria or, of course, Primal Fear.

Primal Fear was made quite a lot of time ago, they've been composing music and CD's for a lot of years and they have a lot of experience now. They've earned that experience step by step. Probably, the most important step in their career is this "Nuclear Fire". It's said that this CD is the best Primal Fear's CD (a lot of people say this). OK, it's a good CD, but there are some other CD by Primal Fear that is better than Nuclear Fire.

Probably, this CD is the most popular one by Primal Fear, and I'm sure that one of the things because this CD is so popular is because its opener song: "Angel In Black". This song explains exactly what Primal Fear is: some very powerful guitars, some incredible vocals and a lot of speed and power in their music.

This is not the typical Epic Power Metal at all. You won't hear the keyboards very much, you'll only listen true and powerful Power Metal. Vocals are really fast, drums make a really fast rhythm and guitars make a powerful sound. This mix of elements is enough for make a good CD, like this "Nuclear Fire".

There are some 'weak points' in the CD. The full songs aren't weak points, but there are some fragments in some song that I think they are weak points. Some songs don't match with the rest of the CD because they're different or they aren't enough catchy or powerful, so that you'll think that you're listening something completely different.

The perfect example for explain this is the song "Bleed For Me". When you listen a POWERFUL CD, and suddenly you MUST listen this boring song, you'll think: "Is this the same music I've been listening?". And I don't like that changes at all in a powerful CD. If it's powerful and catchy, you don't want to stop hearing it.

Power Metal fans will enjoy this CD, I'm completely sure. It's true Power Metal and it's a very catchy kind of music. It's a very listenable CD, but, if there weren't mistakes in this CD, it would be really better.

Highlights: "Angel In Black", "Nuclear Fire".

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 9
Production: 9

Written by hottercraft | 29.05.2007

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 62 users
29.05.2007 - 18:07
Rating: 9
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I agree with you! I love so much songs like "Angel In Black", "Kiss Of Death" and "Nuclear Fire"... Good album and good review!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
11.02.2008 - 21:47
Rating: 9
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Great review, this album certainly is one of PF's best, fast and furious, sort of speak.
I would add "Back From Hell" to the highlights too.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
04.12.2008 - 09:16
Metalbound7

And don't forget "Red Rain", this really is an amazing album, one of the best bands ever.
19.02.2011 - 23:56
Rating: 8
mohammedMG

If they'd worked a little bit more on the choruses this album would've been perfect but still one of my favorite albums
01.02.2019 - 03:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is not PM, its HM, its a fact !
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 4607 | This month: 5