Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 180 users
28.04.2019 - 08:59
Rating: 9
mikeprado30

After that excellent single, I got good hopes for this one

Please don't disappoint me again, uncle Timo

EDIT: The album has leaked and it's really VERY NICE Even better than the first one.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
14.06.2019 - 17:56
Rating: 8
TheNordicGamer

This is actually good . . . what the duck :O
It does fall through in certain places though, pieces that doesn't entirely fit and of course the same old same old Tolkki repeats.
You know..those catchy lyrics ans solos he loves so goddamn much.
Overall I'd say Tolkki made a solid one, if this really is the last one it's a great way to end it.
17.06.2019 - 14:02
Sword_Chant

This is so much better from Timo... it's his best work since he left Stratovarius. And there are finally more fast paced songs !!!

The last few Tolkki albums have been full of disappointing ballads, with no real use of metal or guitars. He stuck to the same kind of songs for years, recycling the same average mid-tempo tracks over and over. It feels like he finally listened to the critics - because everything here is better than Angels of the Apocalypse (even the slower songs which also includes more guitar solos, riffs and passages). The singers are utilised so much better, and the production is bizarrely such a step up to the last album to the point it sounds like a different project altogether. 'Now and Forever' is so good it's on par with the current Strato lineup, and I would even go as far as saying if it was under the name of Stratovarius it would be an instant classic.

On that note, it has already been rumoured he is writing some songs for the next Stratovarius album. Without being overly optimistic, hopefully this is a sign of a return to the Tolkki we used to know.
24.08.2019 - 02:39
tominator
At best deranged
Yup this is a pretty good record imo. Lots of ballads but I enjoy most of them. Couple more energetic songs in there to keep the pace up. Solid production and strong vocals throughout. Very relaxing and enjoyable power metal album.

Hits total: 3964 | This month: 16