Metal Storm logo
Oxbow

25.05.2006 - 23:48
Danielazo
Account deleted
this is probably the weirdest band on earth, and I really like them... when I first heard them was what the fuck! what is this shit!, but I was listening to them a lot after some months and in the last time is one of the groups I had most listened to (and everyone at home complains hehehe)...

what do they play??? basically some kinf of bizarre stoner metal/doom, improvised, with vocals that are between whining and screaming... I own "Fuckfest" and "King Of The Jews", and both are awesome...

well, you don't lose anything by checking.
31.05.2006 - 16:26
Zombie, M.D.

I downloaded An Evil Heat and immediatley loved it. The vocalist has such an amazingly unique delivery, very dramatic. Id be interested in seeing them live, he must be quite animated on stage. The music sounds like a mix of Neurosis/Isis/"those" types of bands and the more chatoic momments of stuff like Abruptum.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
01.06.2006 - 01:18
Southern Wind
Account deleted
btw... I'm not really a fan of compilations, they are usually completely unecesary, but the one Oxbow just released is an AWESOME kind of self-homage, with the perfect tracklist and also I had read that it has an outstanding DVD as bonus... I ordered it, it must be coming my way right now... It's called "Love That's Last" is I remember well....
16.10.2006 - 02:51
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Oxbow is Pretty Rad...One of The Overlooked Bands on Hydrahead
16.10.2006 - 12:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Downloading..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.10.2006 - 16:12
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 16.10.2006 at 12:01

Downloading..

AMAGAD LEECHER?!

I will also "check" theese guys out.
16.10.2006 - 19:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 16.10.2006 at 16:12

Downloading..

AMAGAD LEECHER?!

Leecher is my middle name..

But hey, I try to buy as much as I can, I put myself in trouble for the music every month..
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.10.2006 - 20:07
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 16.10.2006 at 19:19

Written by Guest on 16.10.2006 at 16:12

Downloading..

AMAGAD LEECHER?!

Leecher is my middle name..

But hey, I try to buy as much as I can, I put myself in trouble for the music every month..

And ultra-bizarre shit like this HAS to be leeched before buying...
20.10.2006 - 21:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
And so I did. And I did not regret it.

At first I thought, what the hell is this shit, but now I am relaxed to the core. I really like it, though I think I'll need some more listenings to appreciate it to the max.

NP:

Oxbow ~ Shine Glimmer (An Evil Heat)
----

30.10.2006 - 01:30
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Great that you liked it... Oxbow do sound annoying at first, especially "King Of The Jews", but on the 3rd/4rd listen they're extremely enjoyable and totally stunning music.
08.09.2010 - 22:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Oxbow are fucking freaking fantastically awesome. For real.

I ordered An Evil Heat after wanting it, for, ehm, years. I distinctly remember ordered it a few years ago but the label told me it was out of stock and they sent me The Narcotic Story instead. I was disappointed. I forgot about them. I re-discovered them. Spun The Narcotic Story. Loved it. Ordered An Evil Heat again. Can't wait to receive.

I am ashamed to admit that I haven't heard their first couple of albums yet. Anyone can fill me in on the difference between those albums and the new ones? Because I totally dig the new ones...
----

08.09.2010 - 22:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I wouldn't mind knowing that myself. I hella love An Evil Heat but haven't really ventured beyond that. Fantastically chaotic music, some kind of noise rock/sludge/musique concrete mix. The front man (I forget his name) is a lunatic, both in real life and on the album. Someone I wouldn't mess with if his live show antics are anything to go by.
08.09.2010 - 22:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
If you haven't heard The Narcotic Story, you should try it. From what I remember from An Evil Heat (too long since I've heard it), it's basically that album with most of the extreme-ness taken out. Although they often seem to build up to something, they never get to their massive crescendo/climax/noise explosion. It's a goddamn frustration album, which is exactly why it is so appealing.
----

08.09.2010 - 22:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Hmm sounds almost sexual, like a prick-tease, to coin an awful phrase =P I can't imagine them not doing insane music so I'll have to give that a try
12.09.2010 - 10:52
spirit_inblack
harshhead
In M-A it states, in relation to Fuckfest:

"Fuckfest was intended to be the suicide letter of Eugene Robinson, but due to the album's huge success, he decided to continue making albums with the band."

Where the crap was this "huge" success??? hah
12.09.2010 - 11:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by spirit_inblack on 12.09.2010 at 10:52

In M-A it states, in relation to Fuckfest:

"Fuckfest was intended to be the suicide letter of Eugene Robinson, but due to the album's huge success, he decided to continue making albums with the band."

Where the crap was this "huge" success??? hah

I can very well imagine that's complete bullshit. In the past couple of news item I've read from them they often talk about themselves in negative ways (complete sell-outs, etc.).
----