Metal Storm logo
(Lone) Wolf & Cub - May You Only See Sky review

Reviewer:
Band: (Lone) Wolf & Cub
Album: May You Only See Sky
Style: Metalcore
Release date: 2007

01. Get Your Knives Sharpened (For The Holydays)
02. Back to the Future, Pt. 4/Back To The Future, Pt. 2 (Again)
03. Misplaced Mortar Gag # 2
04. I Swear I've Been To This Autozone Before
05. If I Were A Snake I'd Be A Belt By Now

A very good EP I have on my dirty hands right now; This is actually the first time I ever hear this band, it doesn't matter, the first impression was amazing to tell you the truth.

"May You Only See Sky" attacks the listener with Crust-Grind with an intense Hardcore undertone here and there; yeah most people won't be interested in this as noisy music kills their eardrums, the rest of us who like rough things with bloody throats and violent structures will add this band in our yellow pages for further references.

(Lone) Wolf & Cub presented a simplistic yet interesting offering, this might not be the world's most original Grinding piece, though it's very entertaining and it fits with the aggressive profile that most of the Converge followers are currently looking for. The music even surprises the listener with a couple of guitar-leads and incredibly catchy riffs, some clean vocals and a couple of melodious hooks here and there.

As you can see this is an orgy of "X"-Core genres, the result is promising and that's what matters. This EP could be a great way for us to know this band, I'm not sure if they already released something else (probably they did, just check the year of release of this piece) so let's dig in the shelves, we will probably find something as good as this.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 31.05.2007

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 5 users
31.05.2007 - 23:57
Deadsoulman
Elite
I like -core genres and intense music so I think I'll give this a shot. The refernce to Converge awoke my interest

Hits total: 3128 | This month: 8