Metal Storm logo
Temnozor

Original post

Posted by , 01.06.2007 - 01:57
Temnozor, one of eastern europes more "popular" acts when it comes down to the Pagan or Folk metal area. So basicly I just wanted to know what people think of this band? I am very fond of them myself and for thoose that dont know of them here is a describtion from last.fm:

"Temnozor. NS Black Pagan Metal with powerful vocals. Russia. According to the band, "TEMNOZOR' is an archaic Russian word nowadays used only in some rural dialects, which means deep dark twilights before the dawn and could be understood as manifestation to the Spirit of sunrise."

Doesnt really describe the band to well but basicly its Pagan / folk metal with powerfull vocals, some black metal influences and great melodies.

To get a discussion going I would like to ask if anyone is going to the Frey Faxi Festival this year, with bands such as Absurd and Temnozor it looks awesome:
http://www.gebeleizis.org/freyfaxifestival/afisfff2.jpg

Well anyway discuss!

Link to their official myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/temnozor
08.02.2010 - 16:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Btw the Marcel Neithan is talking about is not me Although I do know Neithan.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.02.2010 - 17:12
Elfeder

Damn ....That is why Temnozor should stay in UA =)
08.02.2010 - 18:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.02.2010 at 16:59

Btw the Marcel Neithan is talking about is not me Although I do know Neithan.

well for some reason i hardly can imagine you organizing Temnozor gig

but on this example you can see how it works "in business"...after what Marcel written here about they being on Blood & Honour fest or what, even I was hesitating about my opinion on them...now you see there is a background story of it...but i dont guess you will find this on AFA webs...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.02.2010 - 15:12
Lord Neithan

Hello Marcel (old quiz mate, haha).
The story gets better: yesterday an open letter/ warning from the AIVD (sort of Dutch intelligence/ civil security organ of the government) has been sent to all Dutch communities and mayors warning them about the bad practices of the AFA (violence, non-democratic). Okay, the direct reason was not musical yet a threat towards right orientated parties, but maybe it will learn these crazy witchhunters a lesson in their own doing
----
staring at tits is like staring at the sun: if it is more than just a glimpse look it will get you into trouble!
05.03.2011 - 19:21
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I don't care if Temnozor is a racist band, their music is absolutely enchanting. It's like potato chips; I can't get enough of these guys.
11.03.2011 - 00:30
UnholyMenace
Psycho
I used to listen to Temnozor a lot - not because of their alleged NS tendency, but because of their music. Folkstorm of the Azure Nights was a good release and occasionally I still listen to it although I'm not an active black metal listener anymore. I have also heard about them classifying themselves as not a NSBM band anymore, but I guess one thing is to say it, the other is to act accordingly. But I haven't listened to their latest album, so I cant comment it.

But if it comes to Antifa, then they can also be musically pretty incompetent and uninformed. Few years ago they banned an Estonian metal band just because their songs are patriotic and about homeland. The band had clearly stated that they are not a NS band or politically motivated. At least Metalstorm doesn't think that being patriotic or singing about it means you are a nazi, why else is the band active in the bands list here. I guess for some people there is no real difference between being a nazi or being patriotic so you get banned the minute you use words like homeland or pride in your songs. And if you dare to sing about WWII then you are doomed.

But I guess Temnozor is another thing. Although they might say that they are a typical black metal band, they are still connected with band(s) openly classified as a NSBM.
25.04.2019 - 05:32
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Wow this sounds pretty good.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.07.2019 - 22:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Oh, wow...ressurecting 9,5 years old topics...that brings back some good memories
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep