Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Reveal New Album Title And Tracklist

Swedes Opeth have revealed today the title and track listing for their 13th studio album. It will be entitled In Cauda Venenum, due out this fall through Moderbolaget / Nuclear Blast Entertainment. Recorded last year at Stockholm's Park Studios, In Cauda Venenum will be released in two versions, in both Swedish and English languages. Various physical and digital formats will be available and additional details will be announced in the coming months.

In Cauda Venenum track listing:

01. Livet's Trädgård / Garden Of Earthly Delights (Intro)
02. Svekets Prins / Dignity
03. Hjärtat Vet Vad Handen Gör / Heart In Hand
04. De Närmast Sörjande / Next Of Kin
05. Minnets Yta / Lovelorn Crime
06. Charlatan
07. Ingen Sanning Är Allas / Universal Truth
08. Banemannen / The Garroter
09. Kontinuerlig Drift / Continuum
10. Allting Tar Slut / All Things Will Pass

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 22.05.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 62   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 486 users
22.05.2019 - 13:38
nonZero

Both Swedish and English versions? Sounds interesting.

Hopefully this will be more enjoyable than their last album and more like the sound they went for on Pale Communion.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
22.05.2019 - 13:49
MikeVonDoom

I wonder when the progressive rock/metal nonsense will be over!?...
22.05.2019 - 13:59
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by nonZero on 22.05.2019 at 13:38

Hopefully this will be more enjoyable than their last album and more like the sound they went for on Pale Communion.

Yeah Sorceress was really their worst album, but if it's more like PC or Heritage, I'm cool with it.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
22.05.2019 - 14:05
Daniell
_爱情_
Let's hope the production will be better than on Sorceress.
22.05.2019 - 14:39
Enissa

The cover art reminded me of that crime and mystery board game, "Cluedo" or whatever the hell its name was..
22.05.2019 - 14:42
Kais

Interesting.
22.05.2019 - 15:10
matt4815162342

Written by Enissa on 22.05.2019 at 14:39

The cover art reminded me of that crime and mystery board game, "Cluedo" or whatever the hell its name was..

This one is definitely better.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113997/tajemnicze-domostwo
22.05.2019 - 15:13
Abattoir

Written by Enissa on 22.05.2019 at 14:39

I'm not so sure that this is the official artwork...well, it wasn't confirmed through any of the official sources. I've just put it into the news, to make it more colorful. However, it's not excluded.
22.05.2019 - 15:14
Chidder

Hmmm... A month ago, they said that they will be hitting the studio after the tour, so wtf...
22.05.2019 - 15:35
Ball Fondlers

Written by Chidder on 22.05.2019 at 15:14

Hmmm... A month ago, they said that they will be hitting the studio after the tour, so wtf...

14th Album?
According to the article this one was recorded last year
22.05.2019 - 15:46
Crème fraiche

Let the drama begin boys!
22.05.2019 - 16:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is for Waldo and Sucker to, I dont think this will be metal as in old days, I believe band will go to prog weird rock direction.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.05.2019 - 16:08
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 22.05.2019 at 16:01

This is for Waldo and Sucker to, I dont think this will be metal as in old days, I believe band will go to prog weird rock direction.

there is nothing weird about their prog-rock direction. But you wouldn't know, Mr True Metal
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
22.05.2019 - 16:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 22.05.2019 at 16:08

there is nothing weird about their prog-rock direction. But you wouldn't know, Mr True Metal

This band is way below prog rock as King Crimsom, Magnum, Kansas, Saga Yes, Journey, Mike Youngfield, Geneses, Jetro Tull, Rush, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Marillion, , Electric Light Orchestra, Wizard , Foregner, Boston, Styx, ....

I love those bands, those old bands and prog rock works just fine to me, I like then, listen time to to time, but just Opeth new sound and Dream Theater, (even I love Fates warning) its just boring rubish crap .-... btw where is IC
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2019 - 16:25
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 22.05.2019 at 16:19

Written by JoHn Doe on 22.05.2019 at 16:08

This band is way below prog rock as King Crimsom, Magnum, Kansas, Saga Yes, Journey, Mike Youngfield, Geneses, Jetro Tull, Rush, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Marillion, , Electric Light Orchestra, Wizard , Foregner, Boston, Styx, ....

I love those bands, those old bands and prog rock works just fine to me, I like then, listen time to to time, but just Opeth new sound and Dream Theater, (even I love Fates warning) its just boring rubish crap .-... btw where is IC

half of the bands you listed are not prog-rock, so... let's leave it at that.

If you said something simple like not being interested in Opeth with their new direction, I would understand.
But you have to go with them not being metal and they do weird music now, it's just ridiculous already.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
22.05.2019 - 16:41
Ball Fondlers

"Allting Tar Slut"

Cool language
22.05.2019 - 16:50
Electric Messiah

Written by Ball Fondlers on 22.05.2019 at 16:41

"Allting Tar Slut"

Cool language

First thing I noticed and then I thought "Oh yeah, both languages."
Looking forward to this album, interested to see what they'll do..and like others have said, hopefully it'll be better than Sorceress.
----
22.05.2019 - 17:06
Starvynth
i c deaf people

Just in case you are talking about Waldorf and Statler: you are terribly wrong, they've never been into prog rock and the like at all.
Their idea of good music was - and still is - old school Viking Black Metal.

----
signatures = SPAM
22.05.2019 - 18:02
AndreMarcos

I don't mind that they have been going in a more prog rock direction with their last albums, but unfortunately their prog rock music is pretty average
22.05.2019 - 21:16
Drekavaц
Account deleted
This album smells like disappointment. #makeopethgrowlagain
22.05.2019 - 22:13
Opethian

Sorceress took some time to grow on me. I personally find it to be their best since taking this current route that they started back in 2011 with Heritage. I'm excited and I'm hoping that they can continue to build off of what they did with Sorceress. Cheers
22.05.2019 - 22:51
Crème fraiche

Written by Opethian on 22.05.2019 at 22:13

Sorceress took some time to grow on me. I personally find it to be their best since taking this current route that they started back in 2011 with Heritage. I'm excited and I'm hoping that they can continue to build off of what they did with Sorceress. Cheers

I feel we are in the minority. I feel ya! Was digging the Deep Purple vibes on Strange Brew and I liked the overall heaviness of the album. I'm over the 'no growls'. Mikael sounds like he is losing his voice when he growls and it sounds painful live anymore. I've accepted this and moved on. Still digging their new style, even if it isn't quite the same.
22.05.2019 - 22:54
Khold Baroness

Great cover art...and judging by it I think the album its gonna be more symphonic/progressive...charming metal
22.05.2019 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 22.05.2019 at 17:06

Just in case you are talking about Waldorf and Statler: you are terribly wrong, they've never been into prog rock and the like at all.
Their idea of good music was - and still is - old school Viking Black Metal.

I am talking about van Halen video hot for teacher
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2019 - 01:38
musclassia

I'll be honest, a song title like The Garroter definitely has unnecessarily raised my expectations that there might be something heavier on this album - I feel like a song with that name needs a bit of oomph. I don't expect or need extreme vocals or extreme metal, but I would like a bit more fire to the music here than on the other prog rock-era albums. I somewhat liked PC, can't say Heritage or Sorceress particularly excited me, but Opeth are good enough that my first tattoo was an Opeth one, so it'll be a cold day in hell before I at least sample what they come out with.
23.05.2019 - 01:47
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Got the feeling that it's gonna be more of the same bullshit.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
23.05.2019 - 05:38
mikeprado30

I'll await it from now, and I ain't be harassed by the crying babies about their new direction

KEEP GOIN'ON, OPETH!!!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
23.05.2019 - 06:43
Andresopeth

I'm totally cool with the direction the band took after Watershed, Heritage was a little bit weak, Pale Communion was a huge step forward but Sorceress did not improve anything but only worsen it.

I really love this artwork, very interested in listening, I trust Mikael talent in songwriting... hope they'll be back on track.
23.05.2019 - 13:10
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Guest on 22.05.2019 at 21:16

This album smells like disappointment. #makeopethgrowlagain

Judging by SOME performances available on Youtube, Mikael's growls are pretty much awful and weak now. I wonder if anyone can confirm this who has seen Opeth live in recent years.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
23.05.2019 - 13:38
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Metren on 23.05.2019 at 13:10

Judging by SOME performances available on Youtube, Mikael's growls are pretty much awful and weak now. I wonder if anyone can confirm this who has seen Opeth live in recent years.

I'm pretty sure there will be no growls on the new album.

Hits total: 5549 | This month: 3